General Film Talk Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by The Dark Knight, Jul 19, 2018.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

'The Proposition' is GREAT. It has gotten a lot of much deserved traction over the past couple of years, mostly by word of mouth. Gratuitous violence coupled with stellar acting. Highly recommend.

EDIT: Trailer.

barfolomew likes this.
  2. jetophile

Does anyone know if the remake of 'Road House', which was terrible the first time around, is worth my time?

3. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

The action is good but overall not a good movie. Save it for when you’re really bored but have a backup movie

4. jetophile

I'm OK with it being a can of cheese, it's not like I don't know what I'm getting. I just wasn't sure about the exact level of suck.

Film is so subjective but sometimes bad is just bad. People always rave about 'The Boondock Saints' (classic, etc.). And see, I know that's part of the appeal and I love terrible movies, but I guess it just wasn't bad enough???

I don't know, maybe my experience was colored by the fact that the two protagonists were Boston Catholic vigilantes killing the bad guys when the first hump on their list should've been that pig Cardinal Bernard Law. o_O