Senior Bowl News

Discussion in 'Draft' started by legler82, Jan 23, 2018.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree that the Jets should do their due diligence on Cousins, just as they should with any quality player. That said, I hope they don't sign him.

With regards to the bolded, I think you mean without either Cousins or drafting a QB high, and if Mac winds up the offseason without adding a QB other than McCown, he should be fired. If so, then I totally agree with that. I also agree, that the draft is where he should look to get his QB, and that either at #6 or trading up to #3 or #4.

xxedge72x likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

I totally agree. I don't think Rosen has the "right" attitude. I think his is just rebelliousness. Mayfield's is a leader and competitor. Rosen's thin frame and concussions scare me as much as Allen's inaccuracy does. IMO Mayfield is the best in the draft at extending plays and creating, and Darnold's not even close.

Jersey Joe 67 likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

I sure hope so

4. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

FWIW...

http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2018rumors3.php

The New York Jets are one of the teams that will figure heavily into the quarterback discussion. Earlier this week, we reported how the Jets plan on being active in free agency. Jets sources indicate that the quarterback need is more likely to be filled in the draft. Sources with the New York are being very tight-lipped on their thoughts about the first-round quarterbacks. That being said, after speaking with top evaluators at the team, my gut feeling is telling me that Wyoming's Josh Allen is their favorite among the quarterback prospects. General manager Mike Maccagnan has preferred big quarterbacks, and Allen certainly fits that description. New York also has ammo to move up for the quarterback they want with two second-round picks and four total selections in top 72.

Two years ago, speaking to sources at the Jets and reading their reactions led to me nailing them taking Christian Hackenberg in the 2016 NFL Draft. Last year, I listened to them, and that led me having them pass on Pat Mahomes and Deshaun Watson. While it is still early in the process, right now I feel that Allen seems to be the Jets' guy.

5. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Please don't let this be true.

6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Hopefully it's a smokescreen to get a team that likes Allen to move up. :)

Red Menace likes this.
  7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I will support and get behind Allen if they drafted him but I really prefer other players.

Think if they take Allen, McCown is week 1 starter.

Edit: I can see it on his face, Allen doesn’t believe he should be in the company of the elite yet.
    He has this unsettled look all the time.

[​IMG]

‘Mirin Mayfield

#187 GQMartin, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

From Allen interview at Senior Bowl:

How do you think you would fare in a big-city environment like New York?

"I've never been in that environment, so I wouldn't know. I've never been to New York but I understand the media is a little crazier there than in most places. I'm there to play football, so if I'm fortunate enough to be in one of those cities, I'm there to play football first. There's a lot of pressure that comes with being an NFL quarterback wherever you're at, and I'm ready to tackle any situation that's in front of me. I'm going to embrace any team that I go to. They're sticking their neck out on a limb, so whatever team takes me will be getting everything I have."

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2018joshallen.php#ixzz55X0zV33Q
    Read more at http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2018joshallen.php#x5qfsqhm6SgkljZm.99

This also concerned me way back when with him. Small town kid. Never been to a big city.

xxedge72x and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Huge plus for Allen:

Talk about your experience of playing in the Wyoming weather.

"I embraced it. I actually like throwing in the cold, because, for some reason, it makes my hand grip better to the ball. We played in a lot of conditions - snow, rain, sideways rain - and it was the best thing for me. I was able to experience a different type of climate and atmosphere instead of just throwing in 75 degrees day in and out, so it's definitely going to help me in the long run."

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2018joshallen.php#ixzz55X276wBj
    Read more at http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2018joshallen.php#Aj8PB3PpfuGIht6Z.99

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I don't buy what Walter Football says too much, they said Darnold and Jackson would return to school.

11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Everyone said Darnold was returning.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Hypotheticals at best. He wasn't going to stay in school. No one, whose stock was high, will make such a decision ever again after Matt Barkley. Even when he did struggle, I bet his stock didn't take much of a hit.

13. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

They are right most of the time, and are one of the more respected sites for football information.

14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I really, REALLY hope he's wrong.

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

better him than mayfield

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

meh,florham park is really the big city? i mean the city is close enough for those who want it but its not like he is forced to take residence in Manhattan.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Considering I live 2 blocks from the facility, I think I’m okay to comment.

This area in Morris County is excellent. Great food. Lots of things to do. Safe.

Acclimating here is not the issue. The media will be the issue. Does he have think enough skin and strong resolve to not let it destroy him?

18. NCJetsfan

What a baby face! He looks like he's about 16 years old.

19. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Its been my biggest fear this entire draft process. Here we go taking the big bodied, big armed guy with "potential" instead of a football player that has proven he produce over a good deal of tape.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I know all the focus is on QB but for a later round pick, 4th-5th round, I wouldn't mind the Jets picking up Berrios. I watched a lot of The U this year and he is always making plays. Sure handed slot receiver who can also return punts. Didn't get to show much in the Senior Bowl but he flashed what he has on one of his punt returns.