Senior Bowl News

Discussion in 'Draft' started by legler82, Jan 23, 2018.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Yeah, I don’t believe a GM on the verge of the unemployment line will risk his career on Allen. Allen seems like a luxury pick/development player at the moment.

Maccagnan needs a player who will start day 1/week 1, Mayfield or Rosen are the only ones of the top 5 I think can start at that point.

NYJetsO12 and grkmanga31 like this.
  2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Are there no reports of the Jets meeting with Allen? If that is so, is that telling?

3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

The following validates my observation from the first 2 practices:

https://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2018practice5.php

4. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

So he will go in the top 5? That would be surprising. I'm think he will be there at 6.

5. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I don't agree. Teams are well aware of how hard it is to get the "right" QB. We've seen teams moving up with greater frequency to get their guy and lately it seems to be paying dividends to those teams.

It's a copycat league and trading up for the QB is the new trend. Someone will be willing to pay for him, just like last year when the Chiefs jumped up for Mahomes, pegged a "third rounder at best" by many non league experts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

7. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Is that why Deshaun Watson fell to 12 last year?

8. xxedge72x

Is everything black and white to you? I said trend, not law of nature.

9. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

No, but when the College Championship winning Q/B falls its possible for all Q/B's to fall. I don't think any of this year's Q/B's are can't miss picks and they all have a chance to fall, depending on who is evaluating their talent/skill set.

10. xxedge72x

Sure, any QB can fall. I don't really get how that's relevant here. You think he will fall, I do not. If you want acknowledgement that your opinion can happen, then I totally agree, it can. I just see it different. We'll find out when the draft rolls along.

11. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Maybe. There are plenty of cases where a team has no meetings with a player but draft him. I think at this point the jets will probably meet with most if not all of the QB's who are expected to go in the first round.

For me personally, I think Macc needs to distance himself from the notion that all QB's have a certain size/stature because that approach obv hasn't worked.

Mayfield is a grinder and this team needs a QB like him if we are going to draft one. I've given up hope for Rosen or Darnold because I think both will be gone within the first 3 picks. But I hope Allen sneaks in there as well so it can increase the odds of Mayfield sliding to 6.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

But that is Mac to a tee. He drafts QBs off of arm strength and prototypical size. I would love to land mayfield but I’m afraid he will go with the inaccurate guy with prototype size instead.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I think he learned his lesson with Hack

14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Goal: Move up Trade Picks SECURE Rosen or Mayfield and don't look back . The WORSE thing for MM to do is sit at 6 and wait...not smart

Brook! and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Right on Edge

People on TGG have blinders on for Kirk Cousins but going that route you lose out on maybe 10 years of productivity from a young FQB...all the bright upcoming stars Wentz Goff Mahomes WAtson etc are DRAFTED

Sometimes I just don't get how no one sees the Forrest cause Trees are in the way..but the trend is to aggressively grab your guy if you are down on the list

The Talent is there...so grab it!!! Don't wait till someone steals it from ya or hope it falls in your lap!

16. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Why? What evidence is there to show he’s actually learned anything? Until proven otherwise he’s a mediocre talent evaluator who is more HWS base as opposed to if someone can actually play football or not.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. xxedge72x

To be fair, it's very very rare someone of Kirk Cousins caliber shakes loose. Last time that really happened was Drew Brees and that worked out great for NO.

Not saying Cousins is Drew Brees but the Jets really should do their diligence with him and at least be among the players. The Jets are too QB challenged not to be.

That said, I think our best options are in the draft. I just don't want to leave the draft both without the right QB and also without Cousins. If that somehow occurred, just fire Maccagnan immediately. This year specifically, that would be an unacceptable failure of epic proportions.

Edit: Alex Smith is probably a better comparison for Cousins than Brees.

18. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Because he drafted the prototypical QB and the kid has been terrible in preseason and has yet to see the field in 2 years. Taking Allen would be like taking Hack but 45 picks sooner.

I don’t think Mac is that dumb. It’s a dice roll, just like Hack. You can’t take that risk at #6 overall. You gotta go with the kid that has proven himself among the league.

19. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

As much as I love Rosen as a passing prospect , Mayfield is starting to win me over with the “intangibles”.

The Jets need a culture change player like him on offense. It seems like he commands the huddle and locker room and he will toughen up some of these softies we have like Robbie Anderson.

Irrespective of all of that. Mayfield is the most accurate passer available.

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  20. xxedge72x

Mayfield on offense and Adams on D would be an absolute treat.

NCJetsfan likes this.