Zach Wilson: Year End Grade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jan 9, 2022.

?

Your Year End Grade for Zach Wilson

1. A+ to A-

0.9%
  2. B+ to B-

19.6%
  3. C+ to C-

53.3%
  4. D

23.4%
  5. F

2.8%
  1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think that’s fair and good Office reference.

There were definitely times early in the year where I said that guys gotta catch that fucking ball (*cough* Corey Davis). But it’s also no surprise that the list is mostly young struggling QBs outside of the two flame throwers in Herbert and Stafford.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The guy at the top of the list was a young, struggling, flamethrower.

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

It’s the unfounded confidence with which Robert declares someone a winner or loser. No reasoning. Just because. That’s how I feel about people claiming Zach stinks and that’s why there were drops or there were drops and that’s why Zach stunk. Im just trying to be Erin liking my new group and my old group.

You can watch that video and find balls not perfectly placed, but NFL receivers should catch most if not all of the drops highlighted here. This doesn’t even include the Ty Johnson 1-2-3 strikes you’re out from the Saints game. That was so bad he got deactivated the next game so clearly the coaching staff wasn’t blaming Zach on those even if one of those passes was behind Johnson.

#243 BroadwayAaron, Jan 16, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

EDIT: I posted this before I saw there was already a thread on it. So solly.

This article is probably a bit biased... but it's worth perusing.
    Zach does need to target better... too many of his throws are slightly.. or way.. off.
    But as we've seen... and what this article points out...we have a lot of drops... and it ain't all on Zach.

Zach Wilson’s NFL-leading mark in key stat sends a clear message to Jets
    Zach Wilson led the NFL in a stat that no team wants their quarterback to lead in, sending a clear message to the New York Jets.

Wilson led all qualified NFL quarterbacks in a category that no team should want their young quarterback to lead the league in: drop rate.

According to Pro Football Focus, Wilson had 12.7% of his catchable passes dropped, which was the highest rate in the NFL among 35 qualified quarterbacks.

Not only did Wilson rank No. 1 in the category, but he was in his own stratosphere:

• Zach Wilson, 12.7%
      • Jacoby Brissett, 9.6%
      • Sam Darnold, 9.3%
      • Trevor Lawrence, 9.3%
      • Baker Mayfield, 9.0%
      • Matthew Stafford, 8.0%
      • Justin Herbert, 7.9%
      • Ben Roethlisberger, 7.8%
      • Justin Fields, 7.6%
      • Daniel Jones, 7.6%
    Now, as I have written about before, it’s important to note that a high drop rate can be an indicator of poor accuracy on the quarterback’s part. Many “drops” come on imperfect throws, so, naturally, inaccurate quarterbacks will create more opportunities for their receivers to drop passes.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2022/01/15/zach-wilson-nfl-lead-jets-message/

5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

How unpopular to criticize the the number 2 pick..yelp

When he has that game against Tampa where the passes are zipping and catches made I start to believe again

Next game Iam back to the Doubting Thomas

I do believe your suggestion to tailor ZW made to order receivers could be the answer!