Zach Wilson vs. TB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bicketybam, Jan 2, 2022.

?

Zach's Grade against the Bucs

1. A

53.4%
  2. B

43.1%
  3. C

1.7%
  4. I am a Troll

1.7%
  1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

What are your thoughts about Zach's play today against the reigning Super Bowl champions? There is some debate on the 4th and 2 call so let's not focus on that. How did he execute the game plan and how did he do throwing the ball against one of the better defenses in the league?

Has he changed your mind? Given you hope? Confirmed what you've been saying all season?

boozer32 likes this.
  2. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Efficient and definitely a game to build on. Should be a good confidence booster. No egregious errors.

3. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

He played a good, solid game. Looked like a field general out there. I was bummed that the CS let him down on securing a big victory.

4. bicketybam

I thought he played really well and made some top quality throws. He was victimized by a few crucial drops. He still has a lot to learn though.

He's been getting better and better and the saying "he's the worst passer in the league" doesn't apply as of tonight. I love what I saw out of him today.

SOJAZ, NCJetsfan, Borat and 3 others like this.
  5. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Every week we keep on saying this was his best game.....4 weeks without a interception. He is definitely doing exactly what I wanted. Progressing as the season goes on, & with a makeshift offense. Can't wait to see him next year with Healthy weapons.

SOJAZ, NCJetsfan, PJ4Ever and 6 others like this.
  6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I added a poll. Also tried to make life easy for trolls.

7. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Played well up until the point they started applying pressure, hopefully he can continue to get much better,

But the bar is so low for this franchise for hope, a mediocre performance looks like a HOF performance to us

8. bicketybam

Was it a mediocre performance?

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We're just so desperate at this point that when a young QB has a decent game late in the season we fall all over it. It's happened with all the rookies the Jets have tried at QB since Chad. A decent to even great game late and we're sure the guy has turned the corner. Then we get into camp the next season and nope he's the same guy.

This time is likely to be a bit different only because the Jets drew the Bills as season ender and that game will mean something so the Bills will not be resting.

My guess is that none of us are going to be happy with what we see out of Zach and the offense next week and for a change that will not be about Zach and the offense but more about a Bills defense that has feasted on everybody this year.

10. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

One error was calling his # over sweep to Berrios with 4th & 2. But learn from it & move on.

11. bicketybam

Can't be any worse than your MVP Mike White's performance.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Exactly.

Although it could be worse if the coaches decided to throw the ball into the teeth of that defense. They're not going to do that though. I predict a markedly different run-pass ratio than the one the Jets tried in the first go-round.

Belichik after all passed exactly 3 times against this defense instead of exposing his rookie to it.

13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Considering the supporting cast and number of key starters missing and key game injuries I say he played admirably well and instrumental in almost getting us a victory. One 4th down call from a massive victory.

SOJAZ, NCJetsfan, Borat and 2 others like this.
  14. bicketybam

In a fucking windstorm.

You are making this easy. Thank you.

PJ4Ever and FJF like this.
  15. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Which is Wilson's fault...how?

bicketybam likes this.
  16. bicketybam

Just wait. You'll be told.

17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It was not a flawless game. But IMO even great QBs rarely have a flawless game. He did a lot of things right, and overcame a lot of the starters missing, and losing his main WR, a TE, and his LT early and still performed well. But it was the little things that impressed me: how calm and in command he looked even when chased from the pocket; how he threaded tight windows against a top defense, how he didn't let some terrible drops rattle him. He certainly didn't play like he was in awe of the QB on the other side. As Budjet noted, this was the 4th week in a row that he didn't have a T.O. and looked better than the week before. This is exactly the progression he needed to demonstrate. Anyone who ignores this consistent improvement simply has their minds closed.

If he had his starting lineup, and a true #1 WR and TE, I have no doubt they win easily today. Zach has things to improve upon, and is by no means a finished product, but he's well on the way to proving his FQB potential.

SOJAZ, NCJetsfan, PJ4Ever and 9 others like this.
  18. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

He is making steady progress. Lets face it, the Jets had the practice squad on offense. Zach did more than I could ask. Looking forward to when we get TE and #1 WR .

SOJAZ, NCJetsfan, BudJet and 3 others like this.
  19. bicketybam

That's a very fair take.

20. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

What’s a TE? You mean like Mickey Shuler?

NCJetsfan likes this.