Zach Wilson (MERGED) - New Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Come on now, you can make a video why you wouldn't draft ANY QB, and most likely will be right, since only a few of them hit anyway.

2. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Still fuming over the Patriots game. Has anyone mentioned how a Belichick lead team tried so hard to give away this game? Among the non-Belichick anomalies:

• Two Dropped INTs by the Pats Defense
    • Two Missed Field Goals by Folk
    • EIGHT penalties committed for 55 yards, which was more than half the yardage gained by the Jets Offense
    • And with all due respect to the defense, there were a BUNCH of missed tackles that more people would be talking about if the Patriots offense took advantage of them

#62 HackettSuxTNG, Nov 21, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
  3. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

But he broke down the reasons and the reasons were spot on notice how he says Wilson always throws late? How did the Jets scouts not see this after watching game film on him? That is exactly his problem in the Nfl! He cannot proccess the field fast enough.

Jets79 likes this.
  4. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

I'm truly curious to see what the defense thinks about Wilson's comment in the post game, when asked if he thought they let the defense down, and said no

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Personally I thought that was worse than his performance.....is the dude that out of touch?!?

papapump and Jets79 like this.
  6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I had this line of thought too, until I saw some snippets of film, the reports (multiple) of the defense being pissed at Zach's lack of accountability, and some Jets defenders liking tweets ripping Zach.

Saleh is going to be forced to bench Zach.

SOJAZ likes this.
  7. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

This is how next week has to be handled IMO. Let Zach be the starter but he should be on an extremely short leash.

He gets the first quarter/half. If he looks like he did yesterday, White starts the 2nd quarter/2nd half. If he can't handle being benched when he's playing poorly, he doesn't have the mental fortitude to be an NFL QB anyway.

Look at what Flores did with Tua and Fitzpatrick during Tua's rookie year. That doesn't seem to have affected Tua's career trajectory too much because now he's playing like a top 10 QB in Year 3. There's nothing wrong with benching a young QB who is struggling and it doesn't even necessarily mean Zach's career is over but Saleh would be doing a huge disservice to this team to not give them the best chance possible to win every game and Zach's just not it right now.

Huge week for Saleh's tenure IMO. He's talked about changing the culture here since he showed up. That applies to him just as much, if not more, than the players in the locker room. Don't be afraid to make a statement and bench Zach if his play warrants it. Send a message to the locker room Bob.

#67 KY Jets Fan, Nov 21, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
  8. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

There arent many excuses at this point for Wilson. He has great talent around him, solid coaching... This is not like Darnold who had no talent on offense, or Sanchez who had Turnstile Hunter playing tackle.

Wilson needs to get right quick or take a seat and prepare for the off season

9. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Posted this in the primary Zach thread, but worth being re-shared in many threads:

JetsFan, NY Jets68 and MoWilkBeast like this.
  10. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

You're 100% correct but the Jets are never going to admit Zach is a bust. The fact is Zach's worse than Sanchez ever was....

11. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

That goes for every drafted player, let alone QB, who doesn't make it though. They all have talent and upside. They all have flaws and a floor. Can the talent overcome the flaws is the key question that needs to be answered and often there's no solution other than let them try. If your solution is to only draft players who have no negatives then good luck finding them.

REVISion and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. george sakell

If saleh does not bench him he is slapping the whole Defense who played their hearts out in the face and will lose alot of respect in the locker room, Zack Wilson being "braindead" in the post game confrence like he is on the field is his best play on Sunday and may force Saleh to bench him Sunday not to lose the locker room. What he said was a blessing in disguise.

13. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

The Jets literally needed their QB to get the team into field goal range once in the second half in order to win the game. Thats the least a team has ever needed out of their QB, and he couldn't even come close to giving them that.

14. george sakell

Yes thats the crazy part the only thing thats shaky is the oline, so you can't fault him for half the sacks, but you can throw him for the other half because he always throws late. But Garrett Wilson will one day be a 1300-1500 yard receiver, Corey Davis has already been a 1000 yard receiver. Elijah Moore will probally be a 1000 yard receiver and Denzel Mim's is clearly a good player. You got 4 good-great receivers, 2 very good tightends and michael carter who can catch and run the ball in the backfield. He was given alot of good offensive weapons and Mike freakin White who also sucks got almost 500 yards without Garrett Wilson and 2 good tightends. Even Josh Johnson had better games than any Zack Wilson Games. You can Blame MLF all you want but the problem is Zack Wilson. Anyone still defending this scrub is high out of their mind. Anyone who says players were not open Sunday is high out of their mind, because you can clearly see every receiver cursing and livid at one point or another on Sunday, they couldn't even contain it. Bill Belichik basicly said "Zack Wilson you suck balls and I dare you to beat us in the air" and when Zack Wilson choked even throwing on 2 yard passes BB was proven right.

SOJAZ, Acad23, azhar80 and 1 other person like this.
  15. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Let's mix in some humor

16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Again, most QBs fail, so this type evaluation would be correct in retrospect most of the time. However, Zach showed enough talent where he was consensus #2 pick, including 49ers wanting to draft him, and execute poll showed that as well. Now it looks like Fields would have been a better pick, and I liked him too, thinking he should have been #3. At this point though - it's about the future. We picked the consensus guy, and it is not looking great, unfortunately, but we need to move forward in the best way given where we are now. Pointing out someone though pre-draft Zach would suck is not saying much at this point as this would be true for majority of QBs.

17. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

but how much more do we need to see? He can’t make basic fucking dump off throws and he misses open receivers by either not seeing them or missing the throw over their heads or bouncing the ball yards ahead of them way too much.

and now his complete and total lack of accountability shows that he is exactly the spoiled entitled rich kid that he’s been….get the fuck out of here.

there are way too many signs here. GWs comments about attention to detail are concerning…we’ve heard how he “really works hard” and crap like that…so was that all BS?

we now have three WRs complaining…,that’s not a coincidence that’s a fucking problem.

he should not be getting a pass…why is he the only one not accountable?

I’ve seen enough….all the BS talk about improvement is just that…BS. The stats show no real improvement and the sample size is getting bigger and bigger.

dude has cost us both games against the Pats. Both. With a truly terrible performance yesterday where he got fucking lucky with two dropped picks.

dude sucks. He shouldn’t be having games like this at this point. He made the Pats look like the damn 85 Bears.

18. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Were at that part of QB development where Justin Fields turns into Lamar Jackson and a Zach Wilson turns into Josh Rosen.

19. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I used to buy into that logic, but after seeing how good this team is as a whole, I don't buy into it anymore. JD has put together quite the squad - sans QB. If they're all aware (which they HAVE to be by now), that Zach is dragging this team down; then they be looking to put the team in the best position to win - with said roster.

I for one will have no qualms if White/Strev/Flacco (White most likely being the next up) come in and do a better job than Wilson. It could potentially save the locker room, and possibly kill their playoff drought in the process. If they made the playoffs and broke this 11 year rut, I don't think anyone would bash them over picking Zach and putting him on the bench. They don't even have to write him off, just sit him down to watch (ideally, he never sees the field again). That's a lot of "if's" I know, but Wilson cannot be the best option on this team right now.

I feel like I'm preaching to the choir here, but I just don't see the need to force him into a starting role anymore. It just doesn't make good football sense, and I know JD has realized this.

SOJAZ likes this.
  20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Anyone remember Luke Falk? Yesterday was easily as bad as him at his worst.

Jets79 and dawinner127 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.