Zach Wilson - MERGED (All Zach Threads will be merged here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WoodyHarrelson, Dec 22, 2022.

1. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

Yeah, it hurts. I was secretly happy when he wasn’t great last year too, which is a crappy attitude for the kid. I have a tiny hope that Zach has been so badly coached and mismanaged that maybe he can be adequate. I doubt it.

cmcm750203 and BrowningNagle like this.
  2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Hey, bipolar is bullshit too. Just wake the fuck up and don't be so depressed /s

The guy you are replying to has no idea about adult ADD and is just trying to troll me. Pay him no mind.

Wut? likes this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I am glad to hear that not everyone is on meds for it. I took that stuff recreationally for fun and it wasn't any different than some of the illegal white powders I took recreationally for fun. I can't believe its legal

In my experience taking responsibility for your life and your actions that affect others can be more healthy & powerful for distracted individuals than anything else

4. bicketybam

Science be damned!

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Adderall is definitely a psychoactive drug.

I took if for 3 months in my mid 50's and it was like a smoother speed. The doctor upped the dosage on me twice from 5mgx2 to 10mgx2 to 15mgx2 as my metabolism adjusted to it and the effect lessened. When he wanted to go to 20x2 I said no and stopped using it. He dumped me at that point for obscure reasons. He hadn't been listening to me when I told him I was getting a high from it, saying it was just a secondary effect of the primary I needed. I think he just wasn't listening. He was also about 10 years younger than me so he missed out on the magical 70's experience that most of us got.

6. bicketybam

Were you diagnosed ADD? Did you brain function any better when taking Adderall? If not, you were most likely misdiagnosed. By the way, I don't take Adderall.

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Browning is not a doctor? Learn something new every day.

bicketybam and BrowningNagle like this.
  8. BrowningNagle

Ok that time I picked up on your sarcasm lol

Centiment likes this.
  9. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

Adderal and all the other forms are a serious and controlled medication that should not be fucked with. That being said it works amazing wonders for people who have been diagnosed, and if taken younger can re write pathways in the brain to help people as adults with it.

The bigger issue is that all kids will appear to have adhd in the screen time addicted and tik tol age we live in now. (Now who sounds like a curmudgeonly old fart!)

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm not sure I believe it's rewriting pathways in a positive way as kids age however as you point out it may be impossible to deduce that given our screen time oriented society.

11. bicketybam

Some people are just idiots. Don't feel bad.

#231 bicketybam, Jan 16, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2023
  12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Wilson to Westhoff: "Okay, Boomer."

BrowningNagle likes this.
  13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Never heard that Westhoff story before. Definitely embarrassing and a bad sign of Zach Wilson's work ethic and just overall respect for his elders. Thanks for sharing, @BrowningNagle.

I assumed (from all we have heard) that Zach Wilson lives and breathes football 24/7. That is part of the reason I have had faith in him to succeed. If he actually doesn't care and is just a spoiled rich kid having fun in the NFL, then maybe he has no shot to turn things around.

I'll continue to trust what Joe Douglas does with the QB position, but that story was definitely disappointing to hear Mike Westhoff tell.

14. BrowningNagle

It is the other side of the story on his work ethic that for some reason the media hasn't been sharing about Zach Wilson. They allude to it, praising Mike White for his work ethic in a backhanded compliment for example, but they don't say it directly about Wilson like Westhoff did there.

Saleh's comments the last week of the season about Wilson needing to take some time to reflect were directly addressing this. He was questioning whether Zach Wilson really wants this (NFL QB).

Maybe he doesn't, maybe he just wants to do something else with his guaranteed contract money and his inheritance and that's fine but you can't half ass it at this level

cmcm750203 and The Dark Knight like this.
  15. bicketybam

My uncle was a cardiologist and he didn't leave me squat when he died :(

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, that is almost more concerning than his on-field play in 2022. I remember pre-draft people were worried he had money so he wouldn't care enough or give enough effort. I was comforted by hearing how much he loved football and wanted to be great at it. It takes true dedication to be one of the greats though. Not sure Zach has that after watching him for 2 years.

Like I wrote, the Jets know more than us, so if they want to keep developing him and give him a chance, I am all for that. If they want to cut their losses and move on, I can understand that too.

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

You know why...

cmcm750203 and BrowningNagle like this.
  18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Mike Westhoff loves the idea Derek Carr landing with the Jets.

19. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I like the idea.

20. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

It was telling that when ZW was the starter, two WRs asked to be traded.

When White was the starter, the roster wore ' mike Fing White' t-shirts to the game.

So, it's not like Westhoff just made up the story.

If we had to hire a former fins coach as HC, it should have been no-nonsense Westhoff !

JohnnyJet and cmcm750203 like this.