Zach Wilson - MERGED (All Zach Threads will be merged here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WoodyHarrelson, Dec 22, 2022.

1. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Just a friendly reminder ZW was undefeated in 2022 against teams not named the Patriots or led by the one that got away.

#201 KingRoach, Jan 14, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
  2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The Jaguars game doesn't count?

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  3. KingRoach

Who knows how that game ends if he finishes. (But I did make an edit above)

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah he definitely had a good shot at leading that comeback.

jets_fan likes this.
  5. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

And the Lions.

6. KingRoach

It was a moral victory, I can’t count that

cval likes this.
  7. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

He was just toying with the Jaguars, making them think they had a comfortable lead. Did such a convincing job of it that he fooled Saleh and a whole stadium full of Jets fans too.

94Abraham and Nyjets4eva like this.
  8. KingRoach

I was there and that’s exactly how I remember it.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I promise I’m not being a smart ass. I love this mentality. Every player on the team needs this mentality when it comes to someone taking their job.

I think Wilson cares and tries. I just don’t think he’s a natural leader. Unfortunately, in his draft position, you need to be a natural at it very quickly or your team is going to float away from you.

chandler and LAJet like this.
  10. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I’m going to make that dude’s life hell in practice every day.” well he made our lives hell for two years and counting.

IIMeanDeanII and Jets79 like this.
  11. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

found this on another site posted by a guy that is a good football mind.....and thought you might find it interesting...

Apart from his size/build/injury history at draft time I thought the Adderall issue with Wilson might be significant. If you've ever experienced Adderall it's a powerful...influence. he got a waiver form the league, forget what it is calledbut he got one. What I find very interesting and disturbing is the second paragraphy where MW goes to jets TC .....

Mike Westhoff was interesting, as always, when interviewed on a recent podcast. Westhoff talked about about how, when he went to coach special teams in New Orleans, Drew Brees would constantly ask him about what Dan Marino's daily practice habits in Miami were.

Westhoff in visits to Jets training camp offered to share some of his observations of Brees and Marino with Zach Wilson, but Wilson had no interest in listening to Westhoff.

I do not doubt that Zach Wilson trains/works hard behind the scenes as a football player but his ability to learn, to not be dismissive about learning from others...it's a question mark.

Ralebird and BrowningNagle like this.
  12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

That's an interesting piece of info for sure. And while this is going to come off as another "excuse" for Zach, as someone who was diagnosed with ADHD and didn't find out about that until I was in my late thirties, it resolved a lot of questions I had about my own struggles with learning. And based on that, I know that I always found it hard to resolve what seemed like conflicting or contradictory information, and so I always tended to try and take the best guess at what made sense to me and then tune out the "noise". The comment that Saleh made about not retaining Beck and Cavanaugh because they wanted to "reduce the noise in the QB room".

What this tells me is not that Zach won't listen to good advice, but he can get easily overwhelmed. They need to find the best QB guru they can and let him work with Zach if they want to have the best chance of turning him around.

cmcm750203 and SOJAZ like this.
  13. bicketybam

I wasn't diagnosed with ADD until I was 26. In the meantime I finished in the top 10 of my HS graduating class and I finished college with a 3.9 In my combined majors.

14. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

It's brutal. Watching them play in met life was brutal as well. Trevor just looked so good compared to zach.

Cman68 and BrowningNagle like this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I never said that having ADD or ADHD was a bar to success, but that it can have an impact. In some situations it's actually a benefit because it enables the person who has it to be hyper focused on things they are interested in.

rscherwin, NY Jets68 and bicketybam like this.
  16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

glad you brought it up. It was an eye-opening story from Mike Westhoff. Here is the link, it starts at 19:40 mark

the guy nailed it succinctly though: Wilson didn't pay any attention to Westhoff talking about what Marino did to be great, even when Westhoff was volunteering it. Whereas Drew Brees sat with him for days trying to better himself

---

I've said it before idk why Wilson gets the media treatment of being intelligent or hard working. Geno Smith though they were more than happy to blast him as dumb & lazy and Wilson is just as dumb and I hear stories like this about how lazy he is

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  17. BrowningNagle

No reason for adults to be taking that shit just IMO

maybe a kid in school to keep them focused, but very limited as its a scary drug. Adults are just abusing it. If you are a grown man and you need medicine to focus, its just time to grow the fuck up. (im not a doctor, just my opinion)

18. BrowningNagle

It really hurts to watch Trevor Lawrence. It really, really hurts as this Jets team would be awesome with him

cmcm750203 and Wut? like this.
  19. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

I mean it’s not as simple as not being able to focus. Not every person is in meds for it, and it’s not just about being able to pay attention is school. Some people can be crippled by it as well. You sound just a curmudgeonly old man. Lol.

20. bicketybam

Beyond an ignorant take. Jesus Christ.