Zach Wilson (MERGED) - All new Zach threads will be merged here after a day

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Oct 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If Orlovsky should hide under a rock for posting those stats, where should Zach hide?

Jojo and REVISion like this.
  2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets could plug in an average NFL QB and they'd get a huge boost over what ZW is giving us.

I think taking another look at White is the way to go. We know what ZW is giving us and it's not enough without extreme support from his teammates.

JETFUEL1580, fggrimes and NYJetsO12 like this.
  3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Wasnt he benched for other QBs?

4. HomeoftheJets

Minshew's got 41 TDs to 12 INTs and a passer rating of 93.9 despite playing for the Jaguars, where Trevor Lawrence looks mediocre. Thinking Zach has a better shot at being a stud than Minshew is just favoring Zach because he was drafted high. Put Minshew on a team that surrounds him with good pieces, and he I could see him playing like a top 10 QB and winning a Super Bowl. Far more than I can see Zach doing that.

#1264 HomeoftheJets, Oct 31, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
    KY Jets Fan, REVISion and NYJetsO12 like this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

Tua had 16 TDs, 10 INTs, and a passer rating of 90.1 last year. Comparing him to Zach is an insult.

Jets79, Amaru and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

dude…LOVE your avatar! I actually have that jersey…love that movie!

mattyd99 likes this.
  7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

You know what Cman. I totally agree with Joe’s take. Between the ref,the play calling and the dumb penalties there was too much shit to overcome. Zach is far from capable to manage 40 passes under that pass rush and his mental errors under pressure . 15 runs was absolutely the wrong strategy, and we puncture ourselves in the balls. Speaking of balls, Saleh needs to grow a pair and jump all over the OC, his staff and Zachfora dreadful game plan and execution.

8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I've heard the idea of signing Carr floating around the internet including here. Maybe he could be our Alex Smith for a few years? This is assuming Zach doesn't get straightened out.

Amaru and NYJetsO12 like this.
  9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Its that he's never been told his shit don't stink. Time for the Golden Child to grow up and take responsibility and realize there's consequences for his actions and that means he sits his ass down for a game or two. He really needs to understand he's not in BYU anymore. He's not BMOC either. He's one guy out of 53 and although he's perhaps the most important one, he can't be bulletproof.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

We don’t need to compare him to anyone, the only comparison is that most of the QBs brought up have in common, including Jones, is a damned good OC/HC that knows how to develop young QBs and create a strategy that maximizes his strengths. We don’t have that, much the contrary.

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Agreed. I'm tired of watching them treat Zach as if he's an 18 year old HS senior that can't be held accountable and will melt at the slightest criticism. I'm also tired of MLF being bulletproof because his big bro is besties with Saleh. It time for Saleh to be the HC of the NYJ's and start holding everyone in the bldg. accountable included Zach and MLF. Time to stop being the pal and start being the boss.

Tell Zach in no uncertain terms to get his shit together PDQ or he will be replaced regardless of his draft status. Tell MLF to get his head out of his ass, drop the pride and start developing game plans that fit the personnel and not the other way around or else He'll find someone that will. The team... Its all about the team..

#1271 Cman68, Oct 31, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
  12. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Everyone is being deluded by the pretty points given to Zach. The zip, deep ball delivery, dodging defenders….yea it looks pretty

….WHEN IT WORKS. and rarely does.

This kid is the worst of all our recent QBs by a longshot. He has everything around him to succeed, and he’s throwing loafs of breads to DBs under any real pressure. come on guys, you can’t sign me up for that. we deserve better. MW won’t do that. He may throw an INT over the middle or underthrowing a deep ball, but atleast we can run an effective balanced offense with White. That’s all we need to win.

Saleh/JD need to man the F up. and bench this kid.

I told you all he was Year 3 at best, based on his performance during last season. He’s soooo way behind running an NFL passing offense - he needed to sit for a couple of years to really understand NFL offenses and defenses.

13. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Zach has played 5 games. Plenty of football left to equal or top those numbers.

ColoradoContrails and Borat like this.
  14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Lots of posters don't like Joe Beningo but he goes back a long time like myself and frankly his observations are spot on.

If Saleh wants to change the perception of the Jets of a no account Franchise that Beningo alluded to he's doing a terrible job not telling both Zach and Franklyn Meyers to take a seat after playing like dumbasses

papapump likes this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It would be a cool “ F You” to Raiders fans too if we won with their QB

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  16. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Still better numbers than, Zach Wilson. Which Is saying something....

K'OB likes this.
  17. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I like Minshew also. If Zach continues to play bad, he could be an option next year. However, I do not look at him and see top 10 SB winning QB. Apparently no one in NFL does either, because his best offer on open market was 2.5 mil back-up role. We might have to settle for something like that next year, but I want to see more than 5 games play out this year before we do.

18. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

This is one of the maddening Saleh traits. He doesn't believe in reprimanding players he feels they are grown men and realize their mistakes. Well, clearly it's not working JFM has twice now had a pair of brutal RTP penalties that altered the scope of the game. Zach continues to scamper around like a scared deer and fling the ball into the abyss. I'm hoping that Zach hit bottom yesterday and will wake the F. up.

NYJetsO12 and papapump like this.
  19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Agree. Doesn’t mean he is done for good if you bench him, but you need to send the message that certain mental errors are not tolerated. Every QB can get intercepted, but careless throws up for grabs are far from that.

20. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Not with this crowd, all I keep getting hit with is numbers don’t matter
    When does Zach get blamed for his incompetency? Just curious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.