Zach Lost us 2 (Almost 3) Games

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

exactly like the colts played Curtis freaking Painter when Manning got hurt so they got Luck the next draft

FrontOfficeFanatic likes this.
  2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

#102 legler82, Oct 11, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    tomdeb and Borat like this.
  3. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Form your own opinions. You’d probably still be disappointed but at least you wouldn't blame other fans for it.

cval likes this.
  4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

The screen was a bad throw. The out in the first half he did on purpose because the DB was jumping the route and would have been a pick six. The screen he got Moses he was under extreme pressure and Carter was directly behind him for some some reason.

5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I am on same page 110%

I wanted Lawrence to be our pick and after Gase provided that stupid meaningless win was really disgusted. You said it best:

Ownership screwed this franchise by not intervening to make sure we landed the generational prospect
    2. Wilson's play is very concerning right now, particularly his interceptions and accuracy with short/intermediate

The Johnson dont care..and that poor decision making is just an example
    They get J Douglas , throw the Fans a bone, BUT all they care about are the Seats filled at MetLife...they absolutely suck.
    Gun to your head, I mean. who do you as an owner ? Woody or Jerry Jones or even R Kraft smh

Wilson has 12 more games to correct #2...way to depressing a thought if hes a Bust

FrontOfficeFanatic likes this.
  6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Stats Schmats..... if you watch them both play, theyre not close....... but to be fair thats the reason why Lawrence went #1

7. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

The kid had 65 yds passing with 1INT with 9 minutes left In the 4th quarter.

In no world Is that good enough for a QB. It's not enough to help win a football game for their fans and team.

He didn't singlehandedly lose this game. He was sure as shit part of the problem though.

8. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Again, tell me where he lost the game?

9. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I love how you defend the defense but give Zach zero leeway. The coaches are asking a rookie QB to do to much. Zach made a couple errant throws but he battled back all day and I would have loved to see him on a final drive if the defense held.

10. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

There have been a few flashes, but he has mostly sucked so far. I'm not making any predictions about his future performance. He's still a new rookie and he didn't play against the best competition in college, so there's more of an adjustment for him than some of the other rookies. I think he has tremendous talent and drive and smarts and could still become a top 5 QB in the NFL. Time will tell.

NYJetsO12 and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  11. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Trying to determine who was responsible for yesterday is a fool's errand. The D played poorly and failed to get stops at critical points. That's true, it was undoubtedly their worst game to date. But they had also been on the field for virtually the entire first half. Now a lot of that's on them, and some of it is on the refs for their BS RtP call which negated a stop, and quite a bit is on the O too for putting them back on the field immediately in the first half. To expect them to keep coming up with stops while the the other part of the team are nothing but disfunctional is both unfair and unreasonable. The D have taken a lot of pressure off the underperforming O so far this season, I'm going to cut them some slack for an underwhelming showing against a guy who will get strong HoF consideration.

12. legler82

The man literally said:

You Wilson super defenders crack me up. SMFH

Pepsiguy5 and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  13. legler82

There are way too many moving parts on a football team for the blame to ever be on one person.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  14. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I don’t think it’s about zero leeway….but he sucked. Badly. 60 yards into the fourth quarter. A pick too. Too many three and outs. Yes the defense sucked and couldn’t get a stop when we needed it. But our offense did absolutely nothing this game. I’d have to check time of possession stats but I know it was way lopsided.

Zach owns a huge part of that. Yes we had another drop or two, but he’s just not taking the easy throws, he’s inaccurate as shit, and he throws too many picks. He’s a rookie. From BYU. It’s a huge step up. I see talent there and I hope he puts it all together sooner rather than later, but you have to see that he was a huge part of the problem yesterday, no?

15. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

For sure, he has sucked this season with a few flashes of brilliance. And I agree that it's a huge step up from BYU to the NFL. A bigger step up than for some of the other rookies. I also agree that he has the talent and I think he also has the brains and the drive to be very successful in the NFL.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  16. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Face it, he was terrible against the Falcons.

blackssmagic and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

that was a bad throw by Wilson but I disagree with the analyst, that wasnt going to be a touchdown or even a 1st down. There was a safety on a full sprint towards him. It was a missed opportunity for a nice 8 or 9 yard gain in the redzone on 1st down true, which was needed. But it simply wasn't going to be a touchdown. AND 1 measly play on the 32nd ranked offense doesnt mean the coordinator knows what he's doing

Acad23 likes this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

His post says nothing about the defense.

Wilson looked bad. He threw for 70 yards under what the bad Falcons defense gives up every week. He was a hundred+ yards under that before the last garbage time drive for the long field goal.

He threw for six yards on one of the two touchdown drives after a 70 yard kick return.

blackssmagic and KY Jets Fan like this.
  19. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I didn't see yesterday's game as I was making the long drive back from Va Tech where I saw the Notre Dame game. What a finish and great atmosphere. Go Irish!

Back to the Jets and before yesterday, if you watch all of the games (even the win against Tenn) Wilson has missed some really easy throws that, if completed, would've iced that one without overtime being needed.

He is good at rolling out and throwing on the run but to be an above average NFL QB he needs to be much better at consistently nailing those 10-20 yard throws from the pocket. This remains to be seen.

Ralebird and blackssmagic like this.
  20. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

There's no way you can pin this loss on any one person, this was a collective fuck up. You can list five people and make an argument for all of them to be the reason we lost.

Zach was bad, no questions asked. So was the OC, the head coach (slow starts), the defense, the receivers (Davis drop, Elijah brain fart)... I mean the list goes on and on.

Edit: Gonna add the GM here because what fucking GM doesn't give a rookie QB a safety blanket at TE? Griffin is a turd, Kroft is average at best when healthy and Daniel Brown is one of the worst players I've ever seen play football. We find new ways to ruin QBs with every QB we have.