Zach Benched

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BleedJetsGreen1981, Nov 23, 2022.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Disagree. But it doesn't matter. He just needs to improve from where he's at now.

2. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Probably has more to do with the fact that we were down 2 scores in the 3rd quarter in 2 of those 3 games but sure, go with this narrative if you wish.

papapump and Nyjets4eva like this.
  3. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Sam had no OL.....no WR's....no RB's......Adam Gase.....and some nobody as OC.

Sam Darnold throwing to Ja'Marr Chase or Kyle Pitts ? I'll take that in the 2 New England games, thank you very much !!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Jets69 likes this.
  4. Aceman16

Aceman16 New Member

No...this EXACTLY means the team is done with Wilson

5. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

We’ll it will be interesting to see…I 100% believe JD will bring in someone … likely a vet who can step in and start more so than another draft pick unless someone drops to us … but I’d be surprised if they cut bait with Zach … I think they’ll give him one more chance … though if they can find a trade opportunity that would not shock me to see them trade him.

SOJAZ and Patriot like this.
  6. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

So did Sam Darnold ... that's what happens when you have terrible offensive coaches that don't insist on players reverting to fundamentals. Browning Nagle too.

7. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

There’s just no reason to think that unless you are actively rooting for him to be finished here. The odds just lengthened on him being our answer at QB, but he’ll get another chance.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  8. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Ok perhaps the best 2023 QB free agent is Lamar Jackson. I wouldn't expect the Jets to get him. Then there is Brady, which would be epic. But being realistic, don't laugh but what about Jimmy Garoppolo?

I think Saleh might be comfortable with Jimmy G.

NYJetsO12, Cman68 and Jets69 like this.
  9. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

We said this before, Ravens gonna franchised Lamar. He’s too good and besides MD/Baltimore are crazy over the guy.

10. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

My jersey curse strikes again, I'm batting 100 on this... Jerseys I've purchased: Darnold, Adams, Bell, Wilson & Moore.

I was thinking about buying one for Christmas present to myself, wondering whose career I'm going to ruin next :D:D

NY Jets68, ouchy and Nyjets4eva like this.
  11. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

FinnishJET likes this.
  12. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

I'd suggest Allen or Tua would be a good start.

13. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Finally got around to watching Nania's all 22 breakdown. Holy Crap. I knew it was bad, but that was just a downright brutal showing by Zach.

Bad reads. Bad throws. Terrible mechanics and decision making. Jets should have won that game.

I still blame Saleh for not benching Wilson in the second half. Really no excuse not to.

NY Jets68, SOJAZ, Acad23 and 7 others like this.
  14. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

The only analogy I see, is that we have drafted our very own Ryan Leaf.

A #2 overall pick with tremendous physical talents and every other issue under the sun.

So, what do we know:

1. We will not see Zach again this season, at least as long as the team remains in playoff contention.

2. This is the true test of Joe Douglas. Can he man up and admit a major error ?? Will he move on in the off-season to assure that this team has at least adequate quarterbacking next season ???? Can Mike White be that guy ??? If not, we must get an adequate veteran who is not totally washed up.

3. Zach cannot be the answer any more based upon potential, if he can earn it fair and square in summer camp against legit competition.........great, if not just cut him loose so he will no longer be an albatross. Let's stop the illusion that Zach will develop. if that was going to happen there would have already been some amount of forward progression.

SOJAZ and Br4d like this.
  15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Sometimes people see what they want or need to see. I think that is probably the case with ZW.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Maybe this is what Zach needs to get a chip on his shoulder.

JetFanInNE and KY Jets Fan like this.
  17. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

you dont.

papapump, Br4d and Lon Chaney like this.
  18. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Interesting comments on Zach

abyzmul likes this.
  19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

After the first Pats game the Jets moved Mike White up to the #2 position. This was a big move because it suggested for the first time that the #2 might actually replace ZW if things soured.

We had the Bills game where ZW got it done with a huge assist from the defense.

We had the bye week which represented a real chance for ZW and the offense to learn enough to not get curb-stomped by the Pats in round 2.

The second Pats game was worse than the first. Then ZW stuck his foot in his mouth.

I wouldn't treat the Mike White promotion as anything but a temporary repudiation of what ZW was as of the end of the 2nd Pats game.

If White plays well though it's all over for ZW and the Jets.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Honestly I don't give a fuck if nobody in the locker room likes him as long as he wins games. Yeah, it's easier when it's a nice guy, but the things that matter are ability and competence and consistency and clutch ability. Not popularity contests. If Zach was playing even halfway to his ability, we'd be talking about playoff seeding and not who our QB starter will be in 2 weeks.