YOUR "TOP 5 BUSTS" in 2014's NFL DRAFT (NO QBS)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Apr 3, 2014.

1. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

I could totally see it. Good GMs, and Ozzie is a good one, draft BPA to replace aging players 1 or 2 years down the road. They'll get at least 1 year out of S.Smith, maybe 2.

2. njjets93

njjets93 Active Member

Uh,,Amaro played for Texas Tech and Manziel played for Texas A&M... Raiders and Aggies dont play well together.

Amaro had phenomal stats at TE in an offense run by both a walk on freshman(Mayfield) and a true freshman QB( Webb).. He was one of the strongest TE at the combine, one of the biggest, and had a 40 time .14 sec off of Ebron. Amaro put the Texas Tech offense on his shoulders many times last year and drew double coverage all the time. He is a hard nose driven kid. The only way he is a bust is if he gets hurt. I hope he falls to us in round 2.

3. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

BS. Double coverage my ass. I've watched film on him, and 90% NO ONE was covering him. His passes were within 5 yards of the LOS and there wasn't a single DB/defender anywhere near him.

5. njjets93

njjets93 Active Member

NC, I think your watching those videos with columbian blue glasses. The only legit knock on Amaro is his line of scrimmage blocking, and that is an unknown because he wasnt asked to do so at TT. HE is bigger and stronger than Ebron, so he should handle it. NC , I too like Ebron, my point is Amaro wont be a bust.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Columbian blue glasses? lol What's that mean. I'm an old fart, so if that's some new expression or drug reference it went totally over my head.

With regards to Amaro, he may be bigger and stronger than Ebron, but there's more to blocking than that. There have been a lot of big, strong guys in the NFL that couldn't block because they were soft mentally and lacked the desire. Amaro may have the desire. I just don't like him because he looks very stiff to me when he runs, not athletic or smooth at all. I like his size and hands, and he may be a great kid. If the Jets take him, I'll root for him, but I'd much rather have ASJ, Niklas, or Fiedorowicz.

7. freemantoon

freemantoon Active Member

benjamin, amaro, evans { just have a gut feelin about him}, dennard, and barr.

8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

i think Benjamin will be a bust.

Lee and Ebron will not live up to their draft selection.

9. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

A slightly different take on the top 5 "busts" of the 2014 draft:

1. Lauren Hanley (g/f of Johnny Manziel)
    [​IMG]

2. Lindsey Duke (left) (g/f of Blake Bortles)
    [​IMG]

3. Sarah Savage (ex g/f Manziel)
    [​IMG]

4. Kacie McDonnell (g/f of Aaron Murray)
    [​IMG]

5. Katherine Webb (g/f of AJ McCarron)
    [​IMG]

NCJetsfan and HardHitta like this.
  10. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I think Amaro is gonna be a pretty good receiver. A lil surprised so many people think he's gonna suck.

11. Great post.

I'm not specifically a "Benjamin guy" per se...but I think the hatred on here is vastly overblown & there are alot of things to like about him as a prospect.

He's got elite size,catching radius, fluid movement, & body control. For all the talk about his hands/concentration issues, he sure caught alot of important balls in big moments..and his numbers really take off in the 2nd portion of this past season. Alot of FSU followers believe the light went on for this kid & that's when things really took off.

He's far from a finished product & yes..of all the top WR prospects he stood the gain the most from another year in school. Boom or bust type? Absolutely. But make no mistake..the upside on this kid is immense & he stands to be a match-up nightmare for alot of years

12. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Ha-Ha Dix
    Brandin Cooks
    Kony Ealy
    Dennard
    Bradley Roby

13. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I too think Amaro will be a star in this league.