Your successful weight loss stories. What kept you going?

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Brook!, Mar 16, 2018.

1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I actually like nutrisystem. It makes calorie counting easier.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Brook! likes this.
  2. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

I’ve struggled with my weight for a long time. I’ve tried all the fad diets and I just give up on it. Most recently, I’ve started exercising and eating more healthfully and approached it more from a sense that I need to do this because heart disease runs in my family and not from a losing weight aspect. The problem for me is that I obsess with the number, don’t see great results and just give up. If I focus on my health, I feel that it serves becoming healtier and losing weight at the same time.

Good luck everyone!

#62 Carpetbagger, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    RPOZ51, zace and Brook! like this.
  3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Exactly, you cant focus on the number. How do you feel amd look? How do your clothes fit? Those are much more indicative of what you are losing in terms of weight

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

286? Holy mother of fuck, that’s one fat human.

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Yeah. That's what lead to diabetes and fatty liver and cholesterol medicine and that was when wife kicked me out of the house for my drinking habit. First I took drinking under control and now it is time to get back to under 200 lbs.

6. Carpetbagger

Exactly. I just try to make good food choices, cook as much as possible and exercise at least 3 times a week and I feel and look a lot better. I work a lot and have a long commute, so it is hard, but I need to do this so I don’t have heart disease like my dad and grandfather

stinkyB, RPOZ51 and zace like this.
  7. Carpetbagger

Seems like you’re doing better. Keep it up!

Brook! likes this.
  8. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Oh, it's not all frozen. Some is refrigerated, some can easily be stored in the pantry. Some you eat as is, some you microwave, some you can bake.

Brook! likes this.
  9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Starting a low/zero carb regimen today.

Brook! and RPOZ51 like this.
  10. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

Brook,

I'm 53 years old, and ripped to shreds, i workout 6 days a week, but what comes into play much more than the workouts is the diet. what you eat is going to be close to 80% of how you look, you cannot outwork a bad diet. i have a girl who is a great nutritionist, i can hook you up with her, she's dirt cheap at $150 for her program, if you do her program you will transform. if you stray from it you wont.
    losing weight just to lose weight never works, people like to starve themselves and then that weight just comes rumbling right back. what you need to do is burn fat, not lose weight.
    No bread, no sugar (unless naturally in a piece of fruit etc) no pasta, and dont get a salad with ranch dressing or anything similar, you're defeating the purpose, if you're gonna do that have a burger instead and enjoy the meal haa haa!
    seriously, burn fat, eat right, exercise, you're gonna feel a whole lot better, its totally doable, and once you flip the switch you get addicted to it and you're kicking ass daily.

#70 TommyJ, Mar 20, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    Dierking and Brook! like this.
  11. Cman68

first full day on new regime.. Not missing the carbs so far but had mad cravings last night..

Br4d and Brook! like this.
  12. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

no carbs are a tough way to go Cman, i do not envy you. you actually need carbs, just good ones though like a sweet potato or oatmeal etc.
    eat the carbs early by 2 or 3 pm and then no carbs for dinner and youll be fine

Red Menace, Brook! and stinkyB like this.
  13. Cman68

thanks for the advice Tommy. I'll keep it in mind. I did this a long time ago and it worked but when you get older, habits get really hard to break. Wish me luck!

Brook! and TommyJ like this.
  14. Carpetbagger

The first few days are difficult, but it gets easier and you get used to the new way of eating. Also, try doing natural sugars like fruit, if you get cravings for sweet food.

Brook! likes this.
  15. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

no luck! just kick its ass, its not easy.

Cman68 and Brook! like this.
  16. Cman68

I actually get a two fer on the low Carb diet as I'm Type II. I don't eat much processed sugars so the only sugar I get is my body converting Carbs. I can loose weight and lower my A1C in the process.. Win/Win!

Brook! likes this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I went on a very low carb diet briefly last year (see..lack of sustained motivation, like brook) and it worked damn well for me even in that short time. I was amazed at how much it worked which is a shame I didn't keep it up. I lost like 25 lbs in a month and I wasn't even working out.

it wasn't so much the cravings that were killin me, it just made me so damn tired. the lack of carbs drained my energy. Plus I like beer. So I quit. Life is short. Even shorter for fat guys

Brook! likes this.
  18. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

I had the same experience. I lost a lot of weight on the no carb diet but i was miserable. I started eating carbs on the weekends(key is to not completely overdo it) and that was much more sustainable.

19. Brook!

So the no-carb diet. Were you guys able to maintain it?

20. Brook!

Hey TommyJ

I will give her a try. What does she do? Skype meetings etc? Tell more about her program maybe some other folks might want to use it. Did you use her yourself? What was the things you liked most? $150 is nothing. I will pay that. Tell more please.

21. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

she's just a badass nutritionist whom many of my friends have used and had great success. No carb diets are suicide, you just end up imploding down the road anyway and you eat bad carbs because your body needs them.
    My friends name is Jen Fisher, she's a bikini competition body builder and her program is all about macros, so with her you dont need to give up the foods you like, you just have to stick to her portions and times of eating. she does a 40% protein, 30% fat 30% carb balanced meal, i think 5 or 6 times a day. i swear on anything that may be holy, in 6 weeks if you stick to it you will be blown away. the cool part is its a one time fee. you can use the program forever. she's $$$$$, email me at atomiktommy@gmail.com
    and i'll set you up with her. id never tell you to do it if she didnt get results with my friends. we workout at the same gyms in newport beach. she's fuckin cool as a cucumber too and you can reach out and ask her questions all you want. she gets interactive with you.

Brook! likes this.