Your Guide to Cheap Jets Jerseys

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by Double Zero, May 7, 2009.

1. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

I got a green Leonhard from tarajersey Took 2wks to come. Looks at fits great. Much better than I would expect for 38 bucks.

2. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Received my green Mangold jersey from yukijersey yesterday.
    It looks and fits great. The inaugural season patch on it looks perfect (The Jets patch is off a little)

It really is an exceptional deal for $38.

I was a little worried and heard that the quality varies but I am definitely going to order a couple more from yuki this year. Probably a white Mangold and a green Harris.

#1562 Section 336, Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  3. bbombers1985

bbombers1985 Active Member

How long did it take for the jersey to arrive from Yuki?

My main annoyance with these jerseys (I've bought 4) is that compared to true authentics, the numbers aren't supposed to be so shiny. Also, the sleeves and collars are not elastic.

4. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Who on here was connected to the people at these sites in some way? I know there was someone making suggestions to them, but I went back a few pages and didn't see it mentioned. I was thinking if whoever it was could get them to make one or two throwbacks to the early 90s style. You can get the 60s, or even the early 80s, but that early 90s style is nowhere besides getting lucky on ebay.

5. bbombers1985

bbombers1985 Active Member

Anyone have any feedback on the quality of the Inaugural Season patch on Tara's jerseys?

6. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Has anyone ordered a youth size jersey from tarajersey? I tried to order one but the sizes kept coming up as adult.

7. jerseyjetfan84

sthcool is the way to go. I just wish they would give you free shipping if you order over 200 bucks like other sites.

8. DaftGreen

DaftGreen Member

Awaiting my annual holiday order. Bought 12 jerseys from Tara, should be here next week. All gifts for people. Mangold, Revis, Keller, Tomlinson are all in route.

9. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

yeah I'm curious as well. Thinking about getting a couple my self with the extra christmas cash...

plus I got a Sanchez replica from Olympia sports for $65 but looks like garbaged in comparison to the tarajersey authentics...

for an extra 10 bucks I could get a second jersey in addition to Sanchez for crying out loud! why wouldnt I do it?

10. JGuz649

JGuz649 New Member

Thanks for the insight guys. I was actually cleaning up my closet and have so many jerseys of players who have been traded or drifted away in the NFL and can't see myself throwing more money at it.

I went to the Jets Packers in Oct and my friends sewn Packers jersey just trumped my replica! Time to change that :)

11. lakersmetsjets49ers

here's my take and an interesting choice of topics for my first post.

i've been buying and collecting jerseys since i was little kid, once i got older and started getting money i started buying authentics and mitchell and ness jerseys of my favorite teams and players and pretty much have kept my collection strictly to favorite teams and players since then.

i seen you guys talking about those fake jersey sites. now im not a jersey elitest and could care less about what the next man wears, some people are more into jerseys then others, i wouldn't wear a fake but who am i to judge what someone else wears.

what i'm trying to get at however is that if you do your homework and know what's legit and what's not, a good chunk of the time you can find legit authentic jerseys for less then the retail price of a replica. in the past few months i got a nike wayne chrebet authentic for $48 shipped on ebay, a nike curtis martin for $65 shipped, a reebok curtis marin for $50 shipped, a mo lewis authentic for $35 shipped, and a few others as well. yeah it takes time and you gotta be consistent with your searches but you can find legit authentics for very cheap prices if you do your homework.

12. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I feel like these legit authentic jerseys you're buying are actually fakes

13. lakersmetsjets49ers

i'd be happy to provide pics, if you'd be kind enough to educate my not so computer savy ass as to how to post photobucket pics on here. my jersey collections legit though, i know people tend to say they got this and that for cheap and when you see it in person it's fake so i can't even knock you at all for having your doubts without seeing pics because 9 out of 10 times when someone says they can get jerseys for cheap we all know how that usually ends up lol, but im knowledgable about my stuff jersey wise, i worked at a jersey store during the peak of the jersey fad in 2002-03 and trust me i seen everything jersey wise during those years. the truth is though you can find legit deals on ebay if you can tell real and fake apart and buy at the right time, ex buying nfl jerseys during the offseason, mlb jerseys during their offseason. most people assume all the jerseys on ebay are fake and the fakes cause the legit stuff to sell for way less since people assume the good stuff is fake as well.

scratch the providing pics part, unless you want em emailed to you, since i can't pm people til i get more posts, and i can't post pics til i get more posts, but i'd be happy to provide em.

also check this site out called jerseycentral.org it has a list of legit sellers, and what to look for when looking for jerseys. trust me when i say this, if you can tell what's real and what's not and don't mind looking up the same searches on ebay every week or so, you can find some steals on ebay.

#1573 lakersmetsjets49ers, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  14. sg3

sg3 Banned

tarajersey or jersey101 or yukijersey (the same place)

best place to go

39 bucks including shipping for a high quality knockout of the 215 buck reebok authentic. And when nike takes over, the hong kong version will probably be better than the nike indonesia version for 1/8 the price

searching ebay to get 12 year old reebok or nike "authentics" of deceased jet players (all except apparently one still costing more than the hong kong versions of current players) might just be the biggest waste of time and effort ever suggested

#1574 sg3, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  15. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

You bastard, you beat me out in that bid.! LOL!

I'm still waiting for another one to come along.

16. lakersmetsjets49ers

@MexicanJet the seller i won it from had both a green and a white size 52 listed, i won the green and lost the white one at the last minute. i won those back in september, i messaged the seller to see if he had any other stuff but he never responded back

17. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

You guys may want to look in this thread from today. Modells has a coupon code for 40% off and free shipping (over $49). Includes jerseys. I got a Reebok replica Cotchery jersey for $48, shipping and all. Normally $80 plus shipping. I think its good until 2/17/11. Might be a good chance to snag a better quality jersey for a good price.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=64749

18. lakersmetsjets49ers

oh yeah i forgot to mention, if your in the ny area check your local marshalls and tj maxx's. they had white sanchez and revis titans replica jerseys for $24.99 and revis pro bowl replicas from last year for $20 i found them at a few different marshalls

aj wright before they went out of business had favre authentics for $15 but they were 50% off on top of that since they were closing down so they came out to $7.50. even though it's favre $7.50 for an authentic is a steal, and you can take those jerseys to gerry cosbys by the garden and they can strip them and customize them for you with any player and name you want for about $50

19. sg3

sg3 Banned

replica jerseys with those cheap silkscreened numbers and letters aren't worth 20 bucks, no less the 80 bucks retail or the 48 dollar "sale" price at Modells with a coupon

tarajersey, yukijersey, jersey101 -- excellent knockouts with stitched letters, stitched numbers and close to authentic look

$39.80 including shipping by registered mail

I have a white Sanchez, a green Greene, a white titans throwup Keller and a Scott

all quality products, well made and much better than any Reebok 80 dollar replica on the planet

20. lakersmetsjets49ers

^

i'd take one of those any day of the week over a replica. trust me i agree with you that paying $80 retail for a silk screened replica is rediculous. however you look at it though deals can be had, ill say this as well, around this time next year expect alot of liquidation on legit reebok authentics and expect to see them in places like tj maxx and marshalls because once reebok loses the licence to make nfl stuff after this season, all that stuff is going to be marked down heavily. im not talkin about modells 40% off cheap, im talkin 70-80% off retail cheap. it happened when reebok got the exclusive nba contract in 04-05, all the nike nba stuff was liquidated, when reebok got the nfl contract in 2001 all the puma and nike nfl stuff was liquidated and it will happen again, but to your point about replicas, $80 for a replica is a joke, i'd pay $20 to have something to wear as a throwaround jersey but $80 is just rediculous.