Your First Football Game

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Brook!, Aug 20, 2014.

1. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Is @DimsAllmighty Drew?

As for my first game..It was either 1998, or 1999, a night game SF @ GB. I had a horrible migraine headache Terrell Davis style, but still had a blast. Pack won too which was exciting.

DimsAllmighty likes this.
  2. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

Some call me Drew though it is not my real name

3. NYJalltheway

Andrew is?
    Otherwise IDK why you'd create the username DrewAllmighty? :eek:

4. DimsAllmighty

Yeah Andrew is my name, but I'm curious where you have heard DimsAllmighty from?

5. NYJalltheway

Well i saw you posted in this thread...

6. DimsAllmighty

I apologize, but I read your post wrong. I thought you asked why my name was DimsAllmighty rather than DrewAllmighty. To answer your question I'm not DrewAllmighty. Was he a poster here?

7. NYJalltheway

Oh.. Yeah he was, for about 10 years now like myself, just a weird coincidence that you have the same name.

8. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

First game: Giants vs Jets, preseason 1986

First regular season game: Bengals at Jets, 1993

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Well, at least it was unique. I have the full list of all NFL games without a touchdown. If I recall correctly there have been 287 such games. There have been over 13,000 games total.

10. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Madden NFL 2003.

11. no psls

no psls Banned

I remember this game . My buddy had an extra ticket and sold it for $5.00 and a bus token . The guy who bought the ticket said that he could not get home without the bus token but my buddy took it anyway .

12. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

So how was the game experience for your boys? How was the tailgate? Did either of them change their minds? :D

_

13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

what is wrong with you? how can you let them become Giant fans? That is awful.

I took my son to his first game in 2007 when we stunk and my daughter to her first one last year. it's not about wins and losses, it's about tradition, about having fun. I don't force anything on my kids but being a Jet/Yankee fan is a family tradition and I exposed them to those teams and my son likes them and I assume as my daughter gets older she will too.

w/ my son it was at the old Stadium and they had the stuff for kids inside the bubble. Now they have that stuff outside the Stadium just inside the gate. I suggest taking him there, he will have a ton of fun.

for me, it was about spending the day w/ my Dad. My Dad rarely had time off and I know looking back he was tired and didn't want to take me but he did and we froze watching the Jets lose but I have vivid memories of that day that will last forever and I hope my kids feel the same way. they didn't cater to kids back then so it was all about the game but I was 8 years old and already loved the Jets and I wanted to see them live. I had a football game(pop warner) in the morning and didn't even know my Dad got tickets but we left right after my game, got stuck in traffic, froze, etc... but it was still a great day. No matter what you do your kids will appreciate you spending time with them.

stinkyB likes this.
  14. nyjunc

I disagree, life isn't always easy and the Jets help show kids what real life is all about.

I have that '81 GB game on tape. That was my first year watching and remembering the Jets. I love that team.

they will be playing there in 2 years.

1998 it was brutally hot vs. Indy but that was game 3, 2nd home game. 2001 we opened up against them 2 days before 9/11.

the SB III 25th anniversary celebration game where we wore SB III throwbacks.

15. JStokes

Nope- it was definitely the 2001 home opener. My wife was not diagnosed until December 1998 and she was undergoing chemo for that game--my first as a STH.

_

16. nyjunc

the '01 game was 2 days before 9/11. very hot day. I think Vinny fumbled around the Indy goalline and they returned it the other way for a TD. if we score the TD we pull w/in a TD but instead we went down 3 TDs and the game was over.

17. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Stokes

Still 3 days to go man. Take it easy. I will share everything once we go to the game. :)

Junc

Great story. Thanks for sharing. I hope Thursday will be a day to remember for my boys. I wish they were Jets fans but it is what it is. If they like their first game, I will bring them to Oakland game as well and see how it goes.

nyjunc likes this.
  18. JStokes

Ahhh read that wrong. I thought you were going to Jets-Giants, didn't realize it was the Giant -Pat game.

Well then another tradition that we men do is we teach our youngsters what cheating scum those Pats are and how they all suck moosecock.

I'm sure you'll phrase it differently but convey the essence of that lesson. :D

_

19. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Have a seat here son. It's time we have a talk, man to man. There's something you need to know about the world, a creed that you need to live by; Fuck the patriots. Tom Brady is a faggot. And Bellicheat is actually the anti-Christ trained by Satan. But don't just take my word for it son, here, read it from this fake internet encyclopedia: http://mirror.uncyc.org/wiki/Bill_Belichick

#39 74, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  20. nyjunc

I'd rather my kids be Pat fans than Giant fans.