Your Excitement Level for 2024 Season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Apr 10, 2024.

?

How excited are you about the upcoming season?

1. Gung Ho... Can't Wait

22.8%
  2. Moderately Excited

12.7%
  3. Cautious

36.7%
  4. Not Excited

22.8%
  5. Not Sure How I Feel

5.1%
  1. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Giggity giggity

2. Metstrife

Metstrife Active Member

On paper, we have reason to be very excited but it’s the Jets so, I’m cautious. However, I am beyond excited that after 37 years of following this team, I’ll finally be attending MetLife for the first time in October with my wife and kids. Can’t wait!

westiedog1, Brook! and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

I checked off "Gung Ho". Two things though, 1) Injuries are the great equalizer so lets hope we stay relatively healthy and 2) I really don't want to hear anything from Rodgers unless it's about a Jets win.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm hoping you are correct. If the Jets stay healthy, it could turn into something to watch.

The problem is, with the practice rules the way they are, it seems like every single team is plagued by injury and lives by the strength of its depth. We're adding to the whammy odds with a lot of players at-or-past 30 years of age in starting roles. It's not unlike last season. They are actually doubling down on last year's strategy with admittedly a stronger caliber of player. After the excuse parade last season when Rodgers went down, I'm not comfortable with that.

BacktoQueens and KWJetsFan like this.
  5. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

The Jets always seem to have a good off season (they get your hopes up) and then they lay an egg once the season starts. I’ll wait until the season starts before I make any more emotional investments in this team.

I’ve had my heart broken far too many times to trust this team. They have to prove it to me now after all these years of mediocre (and that’s being generous) performances.

JetFanInNE and REVISion like this.
  6. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Not all that excited. We're still being led by an absolutely incompetent duo in Douglas and Saleh. We're not going anywhere with either of them involved with this franchise, so 2024 is just a wasted year waiting for Woody to finally show these two the door.

Given that the only thing Saleh is good at is having teams collapse on him, I'm actually somewhat interested to see what kind of epic conclusion they have to the Saleh era this season. It'll be tough to top the 2022 and 2023 collapses, but these are the Jets, I have faith they'll find a way.

7. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

When Ashtyn blindside blasted Cam Newton his rookie year, I got super excited.......until the refs ruled it roughing the passer! :(

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

For certain, I hope that they will win the game that you attend and make you pilgrimmage and expense worthwhile.

Metstrife likes this.
  9. abyzmul

Now Cam Newton is getting blasted by reality.

10. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Nothing has changed that would earn excitement from me.

Still a play away from our brittle old QB being out for the season and any hope of even making the playoffs going with him, and that’s way more likely to happen than things actually going right for the Jets.

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

More excited to see the new home unis than the actual games.

ukjetsfan likes this.
  12. abyzmul

Ashtyn is turning the corner.

13. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

My excitement for the "off-season" is through the roof. As far as the playing season goes, just call me curious. If they start winning and look really good, then I'll get excited.

14. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

To be fair, the Jets finished well during the 2023 season with many injuries and little talent on offense.

15. jets_fan

True, but they had that awful midseason collapse that just tanked the season and made us suffer through some absolutely abysmal football. They did finish strong, but against the likes of some truly awful teams like Washington and New England. The respectable teams they played down the stretch absolutely blew their doors off (Miami, Cleveland).

dmw likes this.
  16. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Their offense was utterly putrid. This season almost has to see a significant improvement.

17. jets_fan

They very well may be significantly better than last year. I mean, there's absolutely no excuse for them not to be. I just can't get my excitement level there for this bunch. I managed to get excited for last year, which was the first time I had been in a while, only to be kicked in the groin yet again by this trash franchise. I just can't get there again, especially with the absolutely incompetent duo of Douglas and Saleh being allowed to continue steering this franchise further and further into a ditch.

westiedog1 likes this.
  18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

It's been a very wide turn.... 18 wheeler of fury...,

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

:DI don’t know. I thought I was done after 2022 but they traded for Rodgers. Then I thought I was done after last year, but Rodgers is returning and they have made some good off-season moves. You may be right though. :)

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  20. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

:)
    We are all Charlie Brown, lining up to kick the football, and the Jets are Lucy.

Yet every offseason I line up again :cool:
    I can’t help it at this point lol.

This JD era has damn near broke me as a fan, especially the incompetence last season.
    Made me more cautious but yet I’m still lining up again..

The Dark Knight likes this.