Your Excitement Level for 2024 Season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Apr 10, 2024.

?

How excited are you about the upcoming season?

1. Gung Ho... Can't Wait

22.8%
  2. Moderately Excited

12.7%
  3. Cautious

36.7%
  4. Not Excited

22.8%
  5. Not Sure How I Feel

5.1%
  1. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I put "not sure how I feel."

I'm kind of burnt out on the whole thing and the OFFSEASON hasn't really started yet. Deep down you just "know" JD is going to do something stupid on Draft Day, deep down you know that this patchwork injury riddled o-line will fail us, deep down you know that with the line failing Rodgers will get killed and Taylor not long after that... Deep down the Jets are going to be the Jets. It's who they are and have always been to a greater/lesser degree since 1970.

I'm burnt out on winning the offseason only to get obliterated in-season. I'm burnt out on watching this team consistently get smoked by the teams they "should" beat and, every once in a while, hanging with teams they have no business in the same stadium.

The "only" thing I'm sure of is, when football starts, this team will do something within the first quarter of the season that "tells" me they won't be making the playoffs for the 14th straight season. Sadly, I'm not completely buried and covered...there is the tiniest fraction of a glimmer of random hope that they actually look competitive and the rest of the league isn't laughing their asses off behind closed doors.

JetFanInNE, NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  2. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I voted not excited, not because I’m a Grinch, but because it’s too early. I’m excited for the draft right now. I’ll be excited for the season by the time it rolls around.

NCJetsfan, stinkyB and mezzavo like this.
  3. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

To be honest, at this point, I could care less what the Jets do. With this much uncertainty they are almost 100% assured to fuck it up. HOWEVER, the rest of the draft is very interesting. I'll be tuned in to see what Minny and Denver do. Both need QB's BAD and neither have reached out to "us" for Zach Wilson which means they will be looking to wheel and deal. Should be an interesting top 5 or 6 picks!

4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

So the loser shoe drops and then the other total loser shoe drops. Not much waiting involved.

Where is the blunted or flat affect choice?

5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Didn't we go 1-3 last year?

We suck until we don't... :confused:

NCJetsfan and Cman68 like this.
  7. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I’m pretty excited for 2024, on paper.

twown and The Dark Knight like this.
  8. bmfc1

bmfc1 Well-Known Member

If it weren't for the owner or the QB (and I'll leave it at that), I would be excited for the season because I've been a Jets fan my entire life and this could be a very good team.

9. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

The excitement will vary dependent on draft and off-season moves however always happy for Jets season to start and share football experience with my kiddos. My excitement is a bit high this year to see how A-rod does!

10. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

Jets completely fucked up the 2023 season.

How can we expect them to right the ship? Still have the same, more banged up old fart QB, front office didn't change much, and the same dispassionate fool for an owner.

I voted "Not Excited".

NCJetsfan and bmfc1 like this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I've lived through lots of years where the Jets had a much better chance for success than this year and got my hopes up only to have them crushed. How well they do this year is entirely dependent on a 40+ year old QB and whole new OL that has 3/5 of manned with major question marks over whether they'll be able to play the whole season. The odd of at least one of those two weak links breaking is very high, but if they stay healthy they could win a SB. When I balance all of that out, I'm left with C\"Cautious" at best, but for now I voted "I don't know how I feel because it's too early and too many things can happen).

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

How can one be excited based on Jets' history alone? Then when one factors in Woody Johnson, Hackett, Saleh, JD (a GM likely to think that the team is better than it is, and rather than doing what he should and finally fixing the OL, is more likely to ignore the future, go all in, and draft a TE and a WR ir two, and ignore the OL), an oft-injured LT, an oft-injured RG who is coming off yet another season-ending injury, a RT who is coming off a torn pec, a LG who may be an asceding player or his better than normal play could have been due to the better coaching and players around him on the OL in Baltimore, a #2 WR who is coming off of a torn ACL, an almost 42-year-old starting QB coming off a torn Achilles tendon, and a 34-year-old backup QB who is oft injured, how can one be even hopeful, much less excited?

#32 NCJetsfan, Apr 12, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2024
  13. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

I always thought 'gung-ho' meant to be over excited in the face of all reason. It does in fact mean to work together, which makes it slightly less exotic.

At this point of the season when optimism is high, because we have not played yet, I am very much all-in with the program.

This reaches its' zenith at the start of the season - last year until 4 minutes into it.

I then reach a point, as we all do, when I accept it is not working out for another season.

So, in answer to the question, right now I am pretty happy with the whole thing, because I am naturally positive, love The Jets, do not take it too seriously and look forward to it. As I hope we all do.

#33 UK_Chilts, Apr 12, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2024
    NOVAJET likes this.
  14. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

My excitement level is numb

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I’m Gung Ho.... One last time.... :)

NOVAJET likes this.
  16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Until 2025. Your optimism is like death and taxes. You staring into the jaws of a run away tiger: "It's OK. I heard mauling isn't really a bad way to go."

The Dark Knight likes this.
  17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

This season is shaping up to be 2015 2.0. Maybe we can make the playoffs if things break right, and even win a playoff game or two. But we aren't real Super Bowl contenders, and we'll probably be tanking in two years from now. Possibly by then I won't be a Jets fan anymore.

18. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

Team has a lot of potential if things break right. However, I don't feel too confident due to so many question marks at key positions. Will Rodgers return to form? Can this offensive line unit get through the season without any major injuries? Can the team rely on any receiver not named Garrett Wilson? The defense has been extremely fortunate with injuries the last couple season, can they sustain that run of good luck? That much uncertainty doesn't typically lead to positive outcomes, but I'm hoping for the best

19. twown

twown Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I dont think Ashtyn Davis should ever be considered an excitement generator....