Your excitement level for 2022 Season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jul 24, 2022.

?

Jets win total for 2022 season

Poll closed Sep 18, 2022.
  1. Above 5.5 Games

83.9%
  2. Below 5.5 Games

16.1%
  1. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm a 57+ year Jets fan so I know better than to get too excited during T.C and P.S., but if they avoid key injuries, they should win 6+ games at least. If some of the "unbeatable" teams have some injuries, or struggle unexpectedly, they can contend for a playoff spot. This is the most optimistic I've felt in over a decade.

Noam, cval, KingRoach and 6 others like this.
  3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I posted months ago I want this Coaching staff gone without 8 Wins

That's on them

I don't have to predict anything ..just sit back a see what happens

4. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

This is the highest my expectations have been since 2010.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  5. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

Tired of getting pumped for this team for it to be over by Halloween. Ill believe it when I see it. I EXPECT, this team to be far more competitive than last year , and win games.
    Win fucking games already, seriously. Its ridiculous, especially when they haven't even been competitive.
    Time to play like men, and win games.
    Don't cry about Billy running up the score...STOP HIM, FOR ONCE.
    WIN FRIGGIN GAMES ALREADY...

Cman68 and REVISion like this.
  6. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I would be pleased if we won 7 games. Hoping that Zach improves and shows flashes and doesn't start seeing ghosts. Without a franchise QB, we aren't going anywhere. Our defense also needs to be much, much better than last year.

7. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I would be pretty thrilled if we won 5 games. I just don't see where those wins come from. 2 to 4 seems much more realistic to me.

8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I'm excited about the season every year. This season I'm excited in a curious way because I really am not sure how much we've improved. I'd expect a bare minimum of 5-6 wins to feel like we're on the right track - and even then we'd have to be competitive in the bulk of our losses. If I thought it was only realistic to win 2-4 games then I would be saying burn this MFer down.

9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The expectations for the Jets are embarrassingly low by most of the national media and many of their fans. We know winning is not easy and that this is a young group, but the NFL is set up for every team to go (8-9) or (9-8). That is what the league wants. If you don't have the talent or the coaching, you end up winning much less, like the Jets in recent years. Now I think they do have the talent. We don't know about the coaching, because it was hard to evaluate the 2021 team. I'd say anything less than (7-10) would be really disappointing to me.

cval, ColoradoContrails and ouchy like this.
  10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If what you believe is true then: 2-14, 4-13, 4-13 and burn the house down.

Teams don't build a winner by going on that 3 year run with the same management following the 3rd season.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

thrilled with a 5-12 season. That's a pretty low bar

12. Br4d

So the problem with anything short of 8 wins or so is that it is not happening in a vacuum.

None of the other AFC East teams is noticeably in decline. So if we limp along in 4th place again the expectation will be exactly that same moving forward.

The Jets are running out of time to make a real attempt to get Zach Wilson going. The more time they waste trying to get him to run the Lafleur offense competently the longer the residual after effect when they finally have to replace either him or Lafleur and try to get up to speed again.

I'd be telling Lafleur to mold the offense to fit the talent and not expect Wilson to be able to run an offense he has shown no competency in.

13. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

I think we win 6 or more if ZW is even average. We have improved in many areas and it will show!

14. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I only see 7 games on the schedule where we are not heavy underdogs. Going 4-3 in those 7 games seems unrealistic to me and a best case where everything went right scenario. The test for me this year is not going from completely noncompetitive to winning but rather playing close games and being in games in the 2nd half and 4th quarter. Maybe, almost 60 years as a jet fan has burned it in to me but I don't take anything for granted. Yes, the team looks much better but I will not expect us to win games until I see it with my own eyes. Until then I will look at the schedule and expect 2 to 4 wins and believe that 5 wins would be a very unexpected accomplishment against this ridiculous schedule. I could see us being a much much better team but still going 0-11 to start the season and I think the odds of us going 0-11 is much higher than us winning 6 games.

At least for me the measure of progress this year is not wins and losses but playing competitive football and player development.

15. BrowningNagle

which offense would he be competent in though?

16. Br4d

I think you have to go back and see what BYU was doing the year that he broke out.

My guess is that it is an offense that tests the edges vertically on a regular basis, both on the ground and in the air. You run the ball on the perimeter often enough and with homerun threats (which the Jets appear to have) that the defense has to bring the CB's up to support the run defense. Then you let Wilson take shots down the field on the sidelines primarily after the defense has been drawn closer to the LOS.

This is not your typical run to setup the pass where you want to pull the safeties up and get 8 men in the box. The reason is that Wilson hasn't shown particularly good ability to pass over the middle of the field. The heat charts of his successful throws at BYU were very hot down the left sideline, hot down the right sideline and cool in the middle of the field short, middle or deep.

You have to rollout Wilson a lot to the left and some to the right because that helps bring the edge defenders up also and he has a good set of wheels and can become part of the homerun threat if you do that and the defense ignores him.

17. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Did you watch the games last season?

18. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Zach struggled last year with play action because it took to long for him to figure out what was going on after he had his back to the defense. Some of Zach's best throws last season were over the middle including the last game in Buffalo.

19. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

I learned long ago that getting too excited only leads to disappointment. Hoping for a much better team performance this season, but again, as I have preached all offseason, on paper is one thing, go out and show us by winning some games for once. Beat Baltimore to start and continue winning games regardless of who you are playing. Do not cower in front of teams like Denver last year and NE especially. Go kick some of these teams asses. Then I will believe.

The Dark Knight and Noam like this.
  20. BrowningNagle

7-20 that day

He completed a 16 yarder over the middle to Crowder and a 5 yarder to Cole who caught and ran with it.

The rest were at the sideline or incomplete. I guess you can hang your hat on that Crowder pass