Your excitement level for 2022 Season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jul 24, 2022.

?

Jets win total for 2022 season

Poll closed Sep 18, 2022.
  1. Above 5.5 Games

83.9%
  2. Below 5.5 Games

16.1%
  1. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I'm in the early part of Stairway to Heaven. I'm intrigued, feel like we're building towards something exciting, but I need to hear a little more.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  2. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Excited and wish I could attend one or two games. I'm in Florida so perhaps when they play the Dolphins I can attempt to go too a game.

3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I chose over 5.5 because of this offseason. There's plenty of talent now. More than we've seen in years. The odds of a player or two (or three) making a giant leap forward are in our favor now. The difference will be in how long it takes for our rookie talent to shine. Perhaps next season will be the playoff contending year. Not sure but I think this team can surprise, maybe right away.

ColoradoContrails and westiedog1 like this.
  4. LogeSection2RowJ

"Perhaps"??? DO IT.

Many of us up here have done it, and you live there. I've gone twice, one good one bad. I was there opening day '95. Hot as hell, Chrebet's Jets debut. Boomer at QB. We got crushed. On the flight home I read Miami Sports writers making fun of the Jets, especially Chrebet who no one ever heard of. They referred to him as "Sherbert" going as far as saying that it doesn't matter how his name is pronounced or spelled since he won't be in the NFL long. How wrong they were. This only cemented my lifelong belief that Dolphins fans are primarily (but not all) douchebags. My second visit went much better. December 1998, the Sunday Night ESPN game when Chad Cascadden picked up a fumble and scored a TD. We beat the Dolphins and more or less cement our place at the top of the division. After the game, all the Jets fans staying at the Ft. Lauderdale Sheraton gathered downstairs in the sports bar of Don Shula's Steakhouse to whoop it up. It was glorious.The entire decor was Dolphins stuff, ALL of the patrons were drunk giddy Jets fans. I actually felt bad for the bartenders, until I remembered my 1995 visit.

JETFUEL1580 and Brook! like this.
  5. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I’m very excited about this season. Mainly just because we’re so close to football being back!

Even if this team isn’t a SB contender, there’s a lot to be excited about on this team IMO.

We have a young nucleus on both sides of the ball. Young guys with high ceilings to boot. It’ll take them some time to fully hit their stride but once they do, I think this team will be solid.

I went over 5.5 on the poll, I think they’ll finish the season around the 7-10 mark. Super optimistic scenario (Zach makes a huge leap, the rookies come out of the gate strong, etc.), I think they have a shot at 8-9 wins and an outside shot at the playoffs. AFC is tough this season though. Super pessimistic scenario (the exact opposite of the above situation), they finish with 4-5 wins and we’re probably considering taking Stroud/Young in the draft.

6. jetsknicks1

jetsknicks1 Member

I voted the over. With JD & RS, we finally seem to have some adults in charge, they have a plan and are going about it in a smart, professional way. I’m still not sold on Wilson being The Guy but he definitely has the talent around him now to show whether or not he is.

westiedog1 likes this.
  7. LogeSection2RowJ

Watched ESPN for 45 seconds today. The over the top love for Tua got me to grab my remote.

8. WilsonJetsFan

WilsonJetsFan Well-Known Member

Becton looks great. Lawson is back. Last year's rookies now have a lot of playing experience. Enormous FA upgrades. Huge draft. Lots to be excited about.

There are always some injuries in training camp. As long as we don't lose key players, we have every reason to expect a big improvement over last year.

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

You really should write at least 20 posts a day as soon as the season starts. Just saying.

WilsonJetsFan likes this.
  10. WilsonJetsFan

WilsonJetsFan Well-Known Member

LOL, will do.

Brook! likes this.
  11. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

I chose the over. Cautiously optimistic.

12. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

The question is Saleh just a Herm Edwards retread or a real head coach? Can they finally develop a QB? Cautiously optimistic. Sure miss those 1998-2010 teams, its been a dumpster fire ever since.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

When Florida bartenders rank their favorite (most generous) customers, "drunk giddy Jets fans" will be near the top of the list. Drunk, morose Jets fans won't be far behind.

14. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

What exactly is the point of your post? If it was humor, you missed the mark.

15. JETFUEL1580

Maybe it was just a blank statement

16. bicketybam

Void of thought? That makes sense.

17. Ralebird

It's funny that you don't know what bartenders like most is people who tip well and New Yorkers are known for being good tippers. No need to feel sorry for them when they're busy. You need to get out more...and take care of your bartender.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  18. JETFUEL1580

Well you are correct there about the tipping. Only when visiting another place though.

19. bicketybam

Funny. I bartended for a year and a half. You old fucks were the worst tippers.

20. Ralebird

I guess you worked in the wrong place. Nobody said the White Claw and Paloma drinkers were typical.