Your enthusiasm towards 2022 season (Poll)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, May 7, 2022.

?

Your enthusiasm level for the upcoming season

1. Very excited

43.5%
  2. Cautiously Optimistic

43.5%
  3. Neutral

7.1%
  4. Slightly Pessimistic

4.7%
  5. Not excited at all

1.2%
  1. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

I went with excited.

now excited does not necessarily mean ten wins and playoff contention.

what excited means to me is accumulating young talent with huge upside. It means watching that talent hit the field and make plays.

it means watching progression of second year players, especially Zach.

it means showing improvement on both sides of the ball and being competitive every game.

it means watching progression of saleh and the staff.

it means getting a few divisional wins.

it means improving the training methods to have far fewer injuries than last season.

the reality is we will be very young, especially our playmakers. There will be some mistakes and some of those mistakes will cost us games.

so that means this needs to be a season of progression with the feeling that the sky is the limit, whether that happens now or a season or two down the road is far less important that having us reach that sky sooner or later in the very near future !!!

2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I'm definitely hopeful for competitive football. My biggest question mark is Wilson. If he progresses the offense should be fun to watch.

Jets79 and Noam like this.
  3. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

Hope season over, now comes Hype season…look at all these shiny new draft picks ooooooo.

Buy tickets, buy green and white stuff, AHHHHHHH!

I vote neutral.

Again…if they don’t make the playoffs I’m done.

Cman68, Brook! and barfolomew like this.
  4. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I'm very excited, i think our rookies will be great, zach will be on fire and our vets will come back healthy

5. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

'99 preseason with SI picking us to go to the SB with the whole crew back from the '98 conf champ game team. That was the most excited I've been going into any season. 2000 season after the 4 1st round picks was pretty exciting too. I agree this preseason is right up there.

6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Well Five decades of waiting for another SB and here we are:/

I voted cautiously optimistic but really don't know why

My excitement grows with the following : the first Wilson to Wilson TD, Hall has a breakaway run downfield, Sauce knocks down pass in Red Zone or gets his first interception ( pick six??? Would be too crazy) JJ gets his first QB sack

The little things keep us competitive...maybe get a win!

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Very excited! This is basically me before every Jets season:
    [​IMG]

8. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

Very excited, but my expectations lie between 6-10 and 9-7 depending on how well the team comes together, how well young players develop, and how well the team avoids catastrophic injuries.
    I think the ceiling is remaining in the wildcard hunt into the last few weeks of the season. I would be surprised if the team made the playoffs.

9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Excited and enthusiastic arent the same as expectations... ... Finally have reason to be excited to see a team (hopefully on the rise, and players to watch), doesnt mean I'm expecting a playoff team though

Losmeister likes this.
  10. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I am always excited for the start of the season. The big question as a Jet fan is will I still care come week 4? As long as we can play competitive football, show progress on both sides of the ball and Zach can show progress particularly in getting the ball out faster I think it will be a great season regardless of the win/loss totals.

Jeff M and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I think I'm somewhere in between "very excited" and "cautiously optimistic" but I went with very excited.

Barring some quantum leap from Zach, we aren't competing for the SB this year but that doesn't mean we all shouldn't be excited about the direction this team is heading.

Not only do we have talent, but it's young talent. We only have 4 projected starters that will be 30+ by the time we get to Week 1 (Fant, Tomlinson, CJ, and Joyner). With the bulk of our projected starters (~13) being 26 or younger and most of our depth falling into that bucket as well.

So it's not like we might be a decent-good team with a 30+ year old Matt Forte as our leading rusher or a 30+ year old Brandon Marshall being our leading receiver. No, there's a very good chance that a 1st or 2nd year player will lead us in both categories this season which should give all of us a lot of excitement going into this year and optimism going forward. Even just being around .500 should be an exciting year for us IMO when you consider in the fact that most of our major contributors will be young guys that can grow and learn as they play.

Finally, yes, he was bad last season as a rookie but Zach's got a ton of potential. This year and going forward the success of our team will largely depend on him but they've also surrounded him with so much talent that even if he isn't good we can still be a competitive team. If he's good-great, we might be better than even the most optimistic of us think.

Jets79, ouchy, Jeff M and 1 other person like this.
  12. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I'm always fired up for Jets football. That enthusiasm usually dies down after September when I realize that the team sucks.

I have a good feeling about this team going forward, but until they prove it on the field, I'll be cautiously optimistic.

Jets79 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Last year they had bottom of the league talent. This year they are closer to the middle. Expect a competitive season. Looking forward to it.

cval likes this.
  14. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Sure we had a pretty good draft helped by the extra picks that we got from two players we traded away.

One of those players cost us the number six overall pick (which could have been used on Mahomes).

The other player cost us number six overall AND not one, not two, but a whopping three second round picks.

Our record over each of the last five seasons was as follows:

4-13
    2-14
    7-9 (how the hell did that happen?)
    4-12
    5-11

Many of the players that were responsible for this poor performance are still on the team.

The front office and coaching staff also have this blood on their hands.

The odds makers in Vegas have put the over under at 5.5 even thought the regular season now consists of seventeen games.

If you are excited about the possibility of winning eight games meaning that each week we have a chance to win if everything goes right then I can get on board with that.

However if you think we are taking the AFC East crown and making a run deep into the playoffs you might want to think again.

15. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Many of those players are not still on the team…

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. James Hasty

Most of the players from last year are one the team.

Many of the players from those other years as well.

17. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

you do realize that most of the players from last year were rookies or sophomores right? We have been cleaning the cupboards for awhile now so most of the team technically hasn’t been around for the many years you are talking about. One thing JD has done is moved on from past guys from others GMs or who don’t fit. He has literally only paid JFM and BB to stay and Q is coming up soon so he has a decision to make there.

18. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

2017 and 2018 starters.

Not a single starter remains.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Brook! and KY Jets Fan like this.
  19. James Hasty

I am not sure I realized that we got rid of all of them.

I guess Marcus Maye was the last man standing.

That is just amazing.

20. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Even going back to 2020, we only have 4 guys that are probable starters for this year (Mekhi, McGovern, Fant, and Quinnen) and 2 guys that could play "starter minutes" (Bryce Hall & Ashtyn Davis) that started for that team.

To say this team is the same as any of those teams is just lazy IMO.

If you wanna say it's the same as 2021, then I can kind of see that but even then it's a reach.

We'll, hopefully, have 12 guys that played less than a game for us last season (Mekhi, Tomlinson, Garrett Wilson, Uzomah, Conklin, Breece, Lawson, Jermaine Johnson, Sauce, Reed, Whitehead, Joyner) either be starters or major contributors.

#40 KY Jets Fan, May 9, 2022
    Last edited: May 9, 2022