You are a GM...what will you trade for Revis?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Don, Jan 23, 2013.

1. AlmightyRevis

AlmightyRevis Member

That's probably all he'd have left. I love Spiller, but the shelf life of RBs just does not compare to a CB. Ask the Redskins how that Clinton Portis for Champ Bailey trade is working out

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

And we only have Revis for 1 more season, so ...

3. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Its not impossible to resign him. For 12 million or less I'd be surprised if the Jets let him go. If he wants a 15 million contract I doubt he gets it.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Is it me or do most of the people against trading revis have revis in there screen names?

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Just a coincidence.. :lol:

6. Milliner is your Mommy

A lot of fans put their best player in their screen name. Besides I'm not against trading him if we got great value but thats not going to happen coming off of an injury. A 1st and a 3rd people were saying yesterday. That would be a huge mistake.

7. laxin

laxin Active Member

What makes you believe he would "settle" for 12 million? He's proven to be never happy. He wanted to be the highest paid CB, what makes you think he wont want to be the highest paid defensive player? Or at least close to it?

I fully expect upwards of 15 million... If less, I would be shocked.

8. Milliner is your Mommy

What makes you think he would get paid more than 12 million. Everyone here is whining about the cap hit you don't think other teams are just as nervous about it. 15 million is a ton to pay any Non QB player. Just because he wants to be paid 15 million doesn't mean he will get it.

What makes me think that is the fact that he is coming off an ACL injury where he just missed an entire season. He's not old but he's not exactly early into his career at this point. If he wants to get a decent length contract I highly doubt anyone gives him 15 million.

9. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

In pro sports, there's always one team that will blow the market out of the water for the best FA available. And Revis/his agents have ALWAYS been about the money.

10. Milliner is your Mommy

But Al Davis is dead and the Bills already gave up too much money to Super Mario. I can see teams giving Revis 10-12 million but 15. Thats a ton of money man. I don't see it happening. Not impossible but I dont think its probable. At least for our sake I hope not.

11. laxin

laxin Active Member

Im sure a team with a big need at CB and a lot of cap room would pay him that. I dont think many thought Mario Williams would get 16 million a year simply because he's not elite (although very good), but he got it.

He's held out twice in his career because of money issues. In 2011 he held out because he wanted to be the highest paid CB. Now, its time to renegotiate and why would he change his MO? I mean I hope he does, and I pray he asks for something in the 11 million range.

12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

If we trade Revis, I expect the following:

1. He does not go to an AFC east team.

2. We get at the very least a mid-early round 1st plus a 2nd and perhaps a player.

Nothing would kill me inside more than seeing him in a Patriots uniform, and we all know CB is a BIG need on the Patriots. Spiller + a 1st or 2nd wouldn't be bad, but I'd rather not have to face Revis twice a year. He WILL win games for whatever team he lands on. It's only worth doing that if the team that gets him overpays.

#552 Barcs, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  13. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

There's always Dan Snyder. Or Jerry Jones. Or the Dolphins use some of the $50 million of cap space they currently have. Or another 'mystery team'.

14. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

LOL at anyone thinking they can get Spiller for 1 year of a cornerback coming off a torn ACL.

By the way, I find it hilarious that before the year started all you Jets fans laughed at me when I said Spiller was a player and was better than any RB on your roster, and now you all are saying he's one of the best RBs in the league. LOL.

15. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Honestly, I think the one way Revis himself can make this right is by......

Firing his Agent.

16. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Not me, unfortunately. I'm stuck with a shitty ass player.

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Weren't you the guy who told us the 2012 Bills could have the best D-Line of all time?

18. TexNYJ

TexNYJ New Member

Texans would give us Ben Tate, TJ Yates, and a draft pick

19. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

What CB in the NFL makes $15 a yr now? Last year the highest paid CB was Champ Bailey and he made $12 mil.

I feel like the biggest reason people want to trade Revis is cause they think we can't afford $17 million/yr. Guess what? No team in the NFL will offer him that much money. Asking for something and actually receiving it are two diff things. That's ludicrous to think he'll be paid up there with the best QBs in the game.

20. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We will never get fair value because of this injury