You are a GM...what will you trade for Revis?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Don, Jan 23, 2013.

1. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

People seem to be looking at this whole thing kind of strangely in in my opinion... Revis won't get to Free Agency I don't think after the 2013 season, he is either going to get an extension or going to get traded, and whichever it is it's going to happen this offseason. Revis may or may not really be speechless, but he is as professional as they come in the NFL so I doubt they really hurt his feelings except maybe that it came out before they had talked to him about it. But again, this was pretty obviously going to happen and I'm sure it didn't escape Revis' agent, and therefore not Revis either. I really hope Revis stays, anyone who is truly a fan of the game knows what an asset he is and how awesome it is to have a player like him on your team. I think a Revis deal could get done, the truth is we are only really tight in the next couple years, particularly this year. If we are rebuilding, that means something will be done about the bulky contracts as soon as it is possible. A bunch of the heaviest ones will be gone this year, and next year more will go. Revis is no Pace, he's not even Cromartie in terms of how much we are paying for what we get. The smart thing would be to extend Revis and trade Cro this year. Cro will command a decent number of pics after his pro bowl season, and he has shown that he is more professional, plus he has two years left on his contract so teams won't be worried about re-signing him right away. It would have been an awesome luxury to have both of those guys for the 2013 season, but we don't NEED both of those guys, so keep the once in a lifetime quality player who was drafted a Jet, in his prime for years to come, and has the love of the fan base. Revis literally will hurt the cap this year by being traded, and with all of the purging of big contracts we won't be in trouble in a year or two when it's supposed to help us. Cro won't net as much as Revis would but you end with more value when you compare keeping Cro and the Revis pics to keeping Revis and the Cro pics.

#521 MaximusD163, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  2. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

That's true. Also a contract extension comes in to play. I think I rather have picks tbh.

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Judging by this post, you will not be missed. Now I really want Revis traded.

4. AlToon

AlToon Member

Play the NFC teams against each other. Eagles. Giants. Dallas. Saints. Falcons. Bucs. Rams. Acquiring Revis is the difference between making or not making the playoffs. 6 of those teams didn't make the playoffs this season. Jerry Jones will fall over himself to get Revis.

5. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

If cleavland can sign him, and offers their first this year (6th overall) and a third next, do you take it?

6. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't want to because I really like him but I would do it because it's the best thing to do for the franchise. That is assuming that they aren't willing to meet his salary demands and thus risk losing him anyway. If his salary demands are reasonable (which I doubt they are) then I would rather trade Cro for less and keep Revis, personally.

7. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

yes you do. and you take mingo with that pick and you have another stud LB to go with harris

8. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

That's really tempting. If you speak to Revis and you think you can get him for reasonable CB price, don't make the trade. If Revis' agents are demanding the moon or that's the feeling you get, you make that trade and don't look back.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Spiller averaged SIX YPC (same as Adrian Peterson) this year on 207 carries for over 1200 yards and also had over 40 catches and over 400 yards receiving. He only has 388 career carries. I think Spiller and a 3rd might even do it for me.

He could totally be our Shadee McCoy.

10. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

ok i am 99% against trading revis

but if you give me spiller for him, im down. spillers a franchise RB and would be awesome in the WCO

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

if i am taking picks for 2014 i want 2 picks. so maybe a 3rd and 5th

12. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Yea.... Watching him play is just amazing. Bills fans are such retards for even thinking about trading him.

13. laxin

laxin Active Member

I would do that in a heart beat. He might be able to somewhat salvage Sanchez and this offense. You turn Revis into Spiller and Markus Wheaton (3rd), I would without a doubt do it. Grab the Honey Badger in the 4th and call it a day :up:

With that said, I highly doubt we trade him within the division

14. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Long as we don't trade to Pats, I'm good.

Buffalo/Dolphins have to play the Pats twice with Revis. Maybe for once, someone else will win the division.

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Spiller as a check-down option would be pretty sexy. That said we've seen what happens when Mark Sanchez tries to throw a screen pass.

16. laxin

laxin Active Member

With Spiller (or any other player) you have a known quantity. With Spiller you give away a known quantity for a known quantity + picks. He is a beast and would save this offense. He's a top 5 RB talent wise and production wise if used correctly. He also has minimal tread and can probably play for another 5 years at a high level.

17. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Trading Revis will never be worth it no matter what, Yea lets trade him in the division for CJ Spiller lol icant belive someone even suggested this garbage. This would make the bills better then us for the next 10years

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

He also has a very cap friendly deal through the 2015 season so we'd have him on the cheap for 3 seasons assuming we didn't renegotiate prior to the '15 season.

I wonder if this is actually a feasible scenario for each team. I'd love to land Spiller for Revis.

19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Giving the Bills a cornerback while taking away their best running back makes them better than us for the next 10 years, when Revis will be 37? SOJF

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Even Buffalo is not stupid enough to trade Spiller for Revis.

Who in their right mind would trade a budding, underpaid superstar to a division opponent for a player coming off an ACL tear that needs his contract reworked and has shown he's going to ask for a king's ransom in return.

It's not even worth discussing.