You are a GM...what will you trade for Revis?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Don, Jan 23, 2013.

1. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

If DR is not traded, Jets will get 3rd pick as compensation, right? So anything more than the 3rd is already a win.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I'm sure you meant 3rd round pick.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I want some 2014 picks for this guy also. If we can get a 2014 1st rounder from the Browns, I'm in.

4. PuMa

PuMa Banned

Don't like that media is blowing this up

5. Don

No chance of getting any 1st for him coming off the injury. I would be happy with a second from some second tier NFC team.

6. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Yup. I've seen posters put up offers that even Tom Brady or Rodgers couldn't bring their teams in a trade.

Whoever takes Revis is guaranteed only ONE season just like the Jets. Following his history, it's obvious he'll cut no hometown discounts to his new team. Too many people thinking with their hearts and not their heads when it comes to trading Revis & evaluating his value.

7. boston_jet

boston_jet New Member

I will honestly cry if this happens.

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Name me the last team that won a title because of a lockdown corner. No one is giving up offensive talent for Revis. It's just not happening. I cringe when I read some of these proposals.

9. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

I agree with what you're saying to an extent, but the Jets don't have top pass rushers, nor do they plan do sign an exp one. Why not resign Revis (assuming we don't break the bank for him) and allow our youthful line to develop. We'd have a DOMINATE defense, instead of hoping and waiting for pass rushers to eventually develop with average cornerbacks (assuming Revis leaves).

10. Don

Because he wants top QB money and we need to spend that on a top QB before we spend it on a corner.

11. CurbYourEnthusiasm

I like Cro a lot, and always thought he was above average and defended him ad nauseam on these boards, but you would be sadly mistaken to think he'll play to the level of production he did last year.

12. CurbYourEnthusiasm

Right now he's in no position to ask for top QB money coming off an ACL injury. Other than speculation I haven't seen any reports where he'll be asking for top QB money either. If this is in fact true, then yea, you prob trade him. He has no leverage right now until he proves he's healthy.

13. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

well u have to look at the franchise tag compensation for guidance. using a 1st and 3rd for somemone who is tagged i think thats where u start....

would anyone here settle for a first and a third. of course we would.

now u have damaged goods here so that cuts ur leverage. so a second rounder this year and 3rd rounder next year with that kicking into a second with certain performance levels.

unfortunately its gonna be hard for the jets to demand a first. however - the first round this year isn't stacked with corners so that could help the jets cause.

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The main point about this story to me is not whether to trade Revis or not.

The main point is why is Woody the one deciding to shop him? Weren't we supposed to see the football guys making this kind of decision?

I have no problem ftr with a process where Woody reviews the cases made by the football people. But to say "This is where we should go" without having the football people thoroughly vet it first?

It tells me Woody has learned nothing.

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

oh woody johnson is shopping him?

he is starting to sound alot like jerry jones. although while jones is an asshole he still knows a tiny bit. which is a ton more than our idiot leader does.

can someone get glatt on the phone, if anyone even knows who he is and tell him to tell woody to fuck off and stop letting his name get involved in football matters.

16. Don

He might, he will be entering his contract year next year too and don't forget he was as good as he was because Wilson was on the other side. Just like Revis is as good as he is because somebody/anybody is on the other side. QBs just don't need to throw at the top CB when there are 6 or 7 other places on the field that they can throw to.

17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

And of course you will have the usual suspects here who defend everything the Jet organization does and doesn't do defending the notion.

I don't have much stomach for this right now. I think trading Revis as a concept always depends on what they get for him in return, and Idzik as a player in that equation is too little known to bank on him getting good return.

The focus should right now be on replacing Sanchez. It's probably too early anyway to get a good sense on where Revis is physically right now. Last I heard he sounded pretty vague about his current condition. How can he be shopped without more info along those lines?

18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Why would anyone be sadly mistaken to think that? If you're going to make a blanket statement like that at least provide some backup.

19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Here's the thing, I know for a fact that I don't care if they trade Revis or Sanchez or any other member of the team. All I care about is a competent football operations that's moving the Jets forward. If the guy can't stand the heat and has to hide behind the owners skirt he lacks the kind of integrity that a football operation needs to move forward. You can't have players, coaches, media or the fans buying into cover. In today's world you are going to get found out you might as well take ownership up front.

Look how I actually view this. Woody has hired another lackey the Jets are screwed. Woody needs to go away. He made his hire now live with it.

#379 Biggs, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  20. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Yes, I did. :beer: