You Again Today Saw....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Wahoo, Nov 17, 2013.

1. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Rex has to go? lol. Come on man.

What this showed me today is that I have no confidence in Geno moving forward. I'm not saying he should be benched. But he has to prove that he is going to be the guy for us at QB. Investing 2 more years in this guy after this wouldnt be wise unless he significantly improves his play down the stretch of the season.

If he continues to inconsistent, I say we go QB early next draft and let it play out.

Rex isn't the problem at all.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

+1 on this.

I think the coaching staff is doing a pretty good job keeping the Jets competitive on an alternating week basis given who they have to work with.

The Dave and Busters thing was stupid though. Like with a capital S. There is no team in the NFL that is so good that they can skip full preparation for an opponent. The Jets certainly aren't there.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Rex is a pretty lousy head coach during the bye week. At least that's what his record suggests.

4. titan999

titan999 Active Member

We pretty much know what Rex is- a very good defensive coordinator who is pretty clueless about offense, but does seem to be a guy who folks want to play for. You can make a solid argument that his teams, overall, have consistently overachieved their talent level, especially when you take into account the fact that the Jets have mostly had inept QB play. Yes, Sanchez is terrible, and Rex's apparent love affair with him was frustrating, but it's not like the organization gave him great options at backup QB- a geriatric Mark Brunell and a terrible player who is no longer in the league in Tebow.
    I would not say that I am a big fan of Rex, nor do I think he is a great head coach, nor would I shed tears were he relieved of his position. In my mind, a coach who is so clueless about his offense that he didn't realize that his top receiver was benched by his OC in a critical season finale two years ago can never be considered a top coach. I do think that MM is a well-regarded OC and that I would not mind seeing what the Jets look like with MM helming an offense with a higher level of talent. I am still very much on the fence about whether Geno Smith is our long-term answer at QB.

5. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Who started that piss poor QB game after game?

6. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

That's because he gives them a week off every year. How about getting a game plan together. 2 weeks of study and game film watching may have helped.

7. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

who was available and affordable and would have been a significant upgrade?

8. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

We can't do worse than Rex, the defensive genius. "Powerhouse" Buffalo only put 37 points on Rex WITHOUT its 2 starting wideouts. Yeah, let's keep Rex--he really knows his defense. He has a 290 lb. DL playing linebacker, Rex gets beat over the top constantly, and Rex thinks a 35 year old safety who went unclaimed by the entire NFL will vault us into the Super Bowl. I thought Cincy putting 49 on the jets was bad, but the anemic Bills putting up 37 looks worse. But we HAVE Rex the defensive genius don't we?

9. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

The defense wasn't exactly prepared to play either. They were getting torched with bombs all over the place.

These kind of no-shows are exactly why Idzik SHOULD be withholding any talk of an extension until after the year. If they crash and burn and go 6-10 then there's no way Rex can come back.

10. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

And who were the freaking Bills All-Pro pass catchers streaking up and down the sideline all day?

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Rex should file a formal complaint with the NFL after being forced to play a division rival after an extended period of inactivity. :up:

12. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Ok, I'll give you the teams are equal in talent. If so, and the Jets had an extra week to prepare, what or who would you hang this loss on?

13. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Guys before we claim the sky is falling, it seemed like everyone was unprepared on all sides of the ball. That's because Rex has always given the team a real vacation on their bye week and they always come out looking bad. Blame Rex if you want, but overall its worked for him. He quite possibly could have 1 losing season for the team in 5 years. Thats amazing relative to Jets history. I really look for a bounce back game next week. If they get blown out again, then well, have at it.

14. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

My problem with Rex isn't that they lost it is the blind loyalty to Geno and Miliner. PLayers want to play for the guy, the defense still shows up, but he needs to stop being so confident in Cro and Miliner playing man to man. They can't be on an island. Smith should have been pulled at the half. After his fumble, his int, his second int. He set the bills up alllll day. Then in the postgame Rex says Geno is the starter. Competition all year until Geno implodes and suddenly he is the guy?

15. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Dude Geno was getting killed out there. How do you expect a rookie QB to play well with no pass protection? Not to mention our garbage receivers don't really scare anybody.

Milliner should be benched the rest of the year though. He needs to learn and probably heal up some more. His problems are definitely more cerebral than physical.

16. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

im not a rex supporter and wanted him gona last year.... that said.

are you really going to call for his head for losing this game? 5 wins in just 10 games for a team talent wise that has no business winning 5-6 on the YEAR.

this team is awful. we are bottom 5 at almost every position. our best player is nick folk

17. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

playing on the road

18. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

One loss? He's 1-11 after the last 12 Jet wins.

19. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Come on, man. I think you would agree that supposedly playoff teams have to beat mediocre opponents on the road, especially with an extra week to prepare

20. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

The problem with having this rant today is, our QB gave us no chance to win. ZERO. I don't care who the coach is. If your QB can't complete a pass, puts the ball on the ground, and constantly gives the ball to the other team, you're not winning the game. This was a 3-0 game and we were about to forece a punt and then there was Douzable with the bonehead penalty, followed by the parade of turnovers.