Yep that's our D for yah. The great 3-4 when Jenkins go down we're screwed

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by buddapaw, Sep 22, 2008.

1. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

One play that I almost forgot about was the dropped INT by Barret on the second drive. That would have been huge

2. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

That is my point exactly

3. rillo

rillo New Member

What should have we done? Nobody else on the D-line can get double teams.

4. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

The system doesn't work for us, The Patsies have at least two space grabbing monsters in the line we only have one. The system sucks for us.

5. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Ding ding ding!

That imo is the play of the game. Think about it, rivers throws 3 passes, 2 ints and his confidence is shot, jets up 7-0 in SD territory, Favre at the helm, my first play call would have been a deep pass on the right sideline to LC.... go for the jugular... figure we have to come away at least up 10-0... game is totally in our hands...

Then I blame barret for that disaster of coverage on Chambers... I just have decided to blame him, because he's always been toast, and it's just easier that way. Besides something about re-watching the play, tells me it was his assignment, but to be honest i dont know for sure...

6. 43Chubby

43Chubby New Member

Agreed... On 1st and 2nd passes... Is where Jenkins makes a difference.. He changes about 20-25 plays are different when he plays...

7. StreetFighterJet

StreetFighterJet New Member

When we run a 3-4 I don't ever want to see a 3 man rush... WHATS THE POINT?!!?!?!

8. JetTalk

JetTalk New Member

Pass rush was about as ineffective as it could possibly get today.I don't remember Rivers seeing any sort of consistent pressure...in fact I actually think Mr. Gholston had the only solid hurry of the day. Without Jenkins this D has a huge problem handling the run...instead of their center being knocked backwards, hes 5 yards deep into the linebackers. Eventually this D has to make a stop on 3rd and long.

9. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Ordinarily, one player does not make that much of a difference, that is 100% true. However, against certain teams, the exception is the rule. Against the Chargers and their o-line which is quite good, Jenkins loss could mean all the difference in the world. When he was in for the first series that middle went no where. That means the Jets weren't getting killed on the LOS. Without Jenkins, the O-line of the Chargers killed the LOS and look at the result. Against a team without as good an offensive line, Jenkins loss would not have killed the Jets like it did tonight.

Fact of the matter is the Jets were not good in any facet of the game save for special teams and probably would have lost with a healthy Jenkins. It just would have been a much closer game imo.