Yanks vs Sox, 5/23 Game Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by AMJets, May 23, 2006.

1. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

You realize that you're saying every single run that Brosius would score would either tie the game or put the Yankees ahead. EVERY SINGLE RUN. You're also saying that every single one of A-Rod's 65 extra runs would come in a blowout situation.

Bottom line junc, you're just saying the same thing over and over again because, as usual, you fail to ever admit that maybe, just MAYBE, you were wrong. It's something that people on this board have known about you for a long time now, and we're seeing it yet again. I don't have a problem with you saying that you would rather have Brosius in a big spot, but you can't say that the Yankees still win 95 games with Brosius over 162 games. The chances of that happening are less than 1%.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I admit when I am wrong(the few times that happens) but there's no way to prove who is right or wrong, all I know is brosius came through alot mroe for us than ARod has and we managed to 'squeak" into the playoffs every single year w/o ARod from '95-'03 and managed to make and win a few WS. To say we couldn't make it w/o him is preposterous. Just b/c you can't back up your argument about ARod do't turn this into a personal attack. The bottom line is the guy is supposed to be our best player and in big spots he plays like our 7th or 8th best player. I'd rather have a guy who costs a fraction of ARod's salary who will come through as much, if not more, than have to rely upon a guy who does nothing but choke in big spots.

It boggles my mind how you can bash Joe who has done nothing but win here yet you back ARod who has done nothing but struggle in big spots and been a major reason why we haven't won in the past couple of years. ARod alone broke the curse! for that reason alone you shouldn't be backing him the way you are and bashing Joe.

3. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

I don't even need to read that post to realize my point was 100% correct. Thank you, junc. You make it too easy.

4. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Even the people who "agree" with you about rather having Brosius then A-Rod couch it in the fact that A-Rod's money would be used to get a top flight pitcher or the like. You make no such distinction and blithely declare that the Yanks would be better off with Brosius replacing A-Rod. Which is of course ridiculous.

5. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Just a note that I picked up from tonight's pregame show: Wright actually left the game last night with a groin injury and is questionable for his next start.

6. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

I mentioned that before. I'll give Torre a break for last night, God knows he needs one after these past few years.

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I have talked about that in other posts, I didn't bring it up here b/c it seemed like it didn't need to be posted BUT even straight up I'd rather have a guy like Brosius who is not counte don to be our best player and makes a fraction of ARod's salary.

Good one, first personal insults then bad jokes. Maybe if your argumetn was a little stronger you wouldn't have to resort to those?

Yep but ARod is just the greatest and no one should ever question him!

Did Torre help us win last night or did he make the game close? I'm trying to figure it what he actually does besides lose games for us?