Yahoo Sports - Proof that Brady taunted the Jets. Now, so what?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dthomas53, Jan 13, 2011.

1. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

this ain't choate academy son. check yoself be4 u wreck uself

u mad i be using da abbrevs?

2. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Nah, why would I be mad? You just look dumb. I'm ok with that, I was just wondering if you had a reason for typing like a retard.

3. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

Brady was just hit with a taunting penalty for doing next to nothing in Dec

4. BG66

BG66 New Member

Thats right, the Jets are not NFL players they are TV stars. We have to worry about thier feelings, their ego and making sure the lighting is right. What a bunch of pansies....oh mommy Tommy Brady scored on us again and guess what he did next....what did he do little Rexy?? He.... He...He ....he ...POINTED......"sob" its ok Rexy just you and that Revis guy come over and rub Mommys feet.

#204 BG66, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  5. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

So to reiterate: Fuck Tom Brady where he breathes and shit where he sleeps.

New England delenda est.

6. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I have (like many jets fans) done a lot of thinking about brady.

one of the things that struck me was, I wonder if people would dislike him/resent him so much if it werent for the fact he was a 6th round pick - there seems something "unfair" about the pats being so lucky in getting a HOF player at the most important position on the field with a flukey 6th round pick - and it clearly was more luck than good judgement.

if brady had been a high first round pick like manning then it would seem "right" that he be as good as he is, you would expect it - but because he was "just" a sixth rounder there is an inherent sense that its somehow unfair that he is as good as he is and there is a sense of it being unfair ("you spawny bastard") that a divisional rival enjoyed such good fortune.

7. PatsSBowl

PatsSBowl New Member

It was the luckiest pick in history. Would he even be in the league now? What if he landed in Indy or Green Bay? He never would have seen the field.

8. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

Pats had intended on picking him, just figured withhis limited playing time they knew where he stood on other boards. Noone knew how good he would be but the had him on their board prior to draft day so wasn't total luck that they got him, just how good they could develop him.

9. perfectpackage99

You want to shut up this guy, put him on the ground repeatedly, hurt him, that'w when dildo Brady will likely stop taunting. Nothing will make me more happy then to see Brady on the sidelines with the JEts up 34-14 with 3 minutes to play.

10. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I remember reading a while back how that pick was a toss-up between Brady and Tim Rattay, who went to San Francisco a few picks later. And, it wasn't the delicate genius of Bill Belichick that "found" this gem in the 6th round; it was the quarterback coach, who worked out both of them chose Brady over Rattay. So, one guy puts in the work and makes the smart choice - and I believe that coach died soon after - and everyone in the Patriots' front office has been wearing the "genius" label ever since.

EDIT: Yeah. As the story goes.....

11. PatsSBowl

PatsSBowl New Member

I don't know of anyone that credits the Pats or Belichick for having any idea that Brady would develop into a starter, let alone a superstar. They drafted him as a back-up and he earned his way to be the second quarterback in the pre-season in his second year. I credit Belichick for recognizing his improvement and potential that year. We can't thank Moe Lewis enough but you could tell that Bledsoe was on thin ice with Belichick after going 5-11 in 2000 and 0-2 in 2001. It was just a matter of time before he was pulled in favor of Brady anyway.

12. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Heh. Are you serious?! Belichick, Pioli, and the Patriots, generally, get credited constantly with identifying a "gem" in the 6th round. The point here is that, at the time, but for one dead guy, it was a toss-up between Tom Brady and a UFL backup quarterback. If Dick Rehbein were alive, there's not doubt we'd hear credit tossed his way more often.

13. PatsSBowl

PatsSBowl New Member

I agree with you about the circumstances around the draft but I honestly can't think of anything other than tongue and cheek stuff regarding a genius pick. They almost didn't want him, agreed.

14. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Is here the only Pats Bowl you'll be getting this year.
    [​IMG]

15. dubagedi

dubagedi New Member

Let me know next time someone on the Pats gets in a guys face and starts doing the dougie during a regular season game. No wonder Braylon Edwards is friends with Lebron.

16. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Braylon Edwards and LeBron James hate each other.

17. dubagedi

dubagedi New Member

You are right. Still, though. I fucking hate both those people and they are from Cleveland so they might as well be the same person.