Yahoo Sport: Former Jets RB LaDainian Tomlinson sees no future for Mark Sanchez as a

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

Thanks!

Any specific quotes on players though? All I see there is a shot at the front office guys.

L.T said: "This is the best opportunity I've had to win the championship."

An AFC Championship loss is a loss regardless of it being a 5 point loss or a 9 point loss but according to the way you see things what he said turned out to be the truth.

What has he specifically said about Chargers teammates?

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

he was chirping all offseason, I will look for more articles later but for now:

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...n-diego-chargers-philip-rivers/1#.UidVmGzD-70

3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Wow. you really believe this? you've landed in hobbes territory

[​IMG]

4. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

I remember that one but L.T isn't saying anything bad at all. It is Rivers and Gates talking about feeling less pressure when he left. I'm looking for any quote talking about a specific teammate like he talked about Sanchez.

So far I can only find stuff that seems like the truth.

5. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

A few weeks ago, there was a write-up i which Boomer also said that the Jets should cut Sanchez, just like he suggested the Jets should've done last year with Tebow, around the same time too.

What bad habits, specifically, did Sanchez develop as a result of last year's Offensive roster? Please state them.

6. nyjunc

he is a bitter guy, was the same way when he left SD.

7. nyjunc

I don't even think what he said about mark was bad, I think the headline makes it seem like it is worse than it is.

8. reisb4

reisb4 New Member

Exactly.

Can't remember who it was, but some ex-pro said after Jets game that Sanchez had to put ball in perfect spot for it to be caught and not picked off. Why? because there was no separation and no offensive weapons. He then said most QBs can be off by a little bit and it not cost the team.

Either way with whoever at QB, I hope the WR/TEs can get open or else repeat of last season or worse.

9. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

You realize he did all of those things in 2009 and 2010 (his best year) when you no doubt will acknowledge he was a gym rat, right?

Eating a hot dog? Wiping boogers? Really--that's a "lack of focus"? Have you ever seen the crap and ball-busting that goes on on an NFL sideline? That stuff was nothing but it just happened to get caught by the cameras.

And a young single multi-millionaire banging models? Oh my! I guess no other professional athletes do that. Besides, no one has ever alleged his dating habits ever affected his preparation.

Truth is, he's always been a hard worker and dedicated to his craft--it's just that the hard work never paid off.

Lack of focus is just a bogus red-herring IMHO.

I think it was the Baltimore game, quite frankly--he lost his nerve after that game. He should have been a gunslinger and he became a clam.

_

10. reisb4

reisb4 New Member

Yep, I was kinda looking forward to seeing him sling it in the West Coast offense. Oh well. Maybe later in season or on another team.

11. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I would buy that argument if the 2012 interceptions were the exception and not the rule with Sanchez. 3 out of 4 seasons 18-20 interceptions. It wasn't just last year. His lines were almost dead on to his career averages. Last year Sanchez was just Sanchez, he just didn't have an elite crew around him to camouflage his weaknesses.

Sanchez is essentially a Trent Dillfer or Steve DeBerg type of QB. He'll stick around and be a journeyman, he'll make some spot starts here and there. Maybe if he lands on a team devoid of a QB, like Oakland this year or the Cardinals last year, he gets a real shot to start. Maybe he gets lucky at some point and lands on a team with a good running game and top end defense like Dilfer did and get to the playoffs a few times over his career.

But when a QB has been the same QB in 3 of 4 years as a starter you can bet 99% of the time that's all he'll ever be.

12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

L.T. should look in the mirror, 4th and goal from the 1. The great ones score no matter what, Schotty took heat for the call, but L.T. has to score there.

13. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Small sampling of examples. I don't really have a problem with any of that except the pattern says something, it becomes a bad trend. You think Mark has had control of "his" huddle? You think the offense looked/s up to him as a leader?

The Jets haven't had a solid, vocal leader on the offensive side of the ball since LT left. We need a Field General. Sanchez is Private First Class.

14. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

You keep saying that but I am still waiting for the quotes. The only ones you provided are just him speaking the truth. You thinking that his opinion about Sanchez as a QB is only becasue he is making excuses for not scoring on 4th and 1 is.. as you like to say... asinine.

L.T should have scored there for sure. Schotty shouldn't have put the ball in Mark's hands on 2nd and 3rd down from the Pitt 1. Mark should have completed a pass on 2nd or 3rd and goal. There is plenty of blame to go around. L.T had one shot. Mark had two. If someone deserves more blame for not scoring, it goes to the guy that had two shots at it.

Stop blaming L.T just because of his opinion on Mark Sanchez. Especially when it is one that this front office agrees with.

#94 Testaverde, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  15. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

LT was a great running back, but there is nothing wrong with Junc's original statement. 4th & 1, AFC Championship game, one game away from the Super Bowl; you have to punch that in when your # is called. Steelers D wanted it more. That's on #21. In a position like that, with the game on the line, the great ones get the job done.

#95 JetsVilma28, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  16. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

I agree that there are no excuses for L.T not scoring in that situation. That is not what we are talking about. Junc's original statement was that L.T's opinion on Mark Sanchez is only an excuse because L.T couldn't score. Everything is wrong with that statement. Anyone who believes that is nothing more then a Mark Sanchez fanboy.

17. JStokes

Can't say I disagree with any of that--I just don't think he "lacked focus". I don't think he became the leader he needed to be because he never progressed after 2010. I think in 2009 he was fine as the rookie taking a back seat and I feel in 2010 he was starting to gain control of things. But in 2011 he faltered badly and 2012 he was an abject failure--but there was a LOT of fail to go around in 2012.

_

18. jets4life2007

jets4life2007 Banned

Whatever, T-Cup! LT should just stop Hatin'!!!

19. JStokes

I have to agree with junc on this one--he has always come off as a bitter guy--he was very critical of SD on his way out--maybe it was the contract, maybe it was AJ Smith or being released, maybe it was Norv--but he did not leave on good terms. The memory I have of him as a Charger was him sitting on the bench with his helmet on--even his McFarlane toy is in the position :grin: It just seems to be the same about the Jets.

How did the front office agree? Like it or not, if Sanchez were healthy he'd be the starter this Sunday.

_

20. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

If your going to blame LT for 4th and 1 when everyone in the stadium knew that run was coming then you have to blame Sanchez for the 2nd and 3rd incomplete passes when the Steelers were geared for the run.

Just saying, that series right there, all 4 downs is what doomed the Jets.