Yahoo/Manish: Smith thought he should be and would be the No. 1 overall pick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFan, Apr 30, 2013.

1. L3JET

L3JET Active Member

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, Funny, but Rodgers still plays like the guy who sat out the first 23 picks of the 2005 NFL Draft, becoming angrier and angrier as each team passed him by. He makes frequent reference to his multiple draft snubs, and that’s no doubt part of what fuels him now. It’s a bit of a cockeyed attitude! I love how these media guys have selective memory...

2. BleedGreenDaily

Rodgers also handled the situation much better. Also when Geno was asked about Aarons tweet he responded, "Yea I knew that" instead of thanking him for encouraging words. Just little red flags other teams saw, but like Tebow the Jets "had a plan".

3. foreboding

foreboding Member

Music City Miracle. 13 years ago. Yeah, we suck.

If you are going to tell me the Bills are the epitome of front office mismanagement in the last 13 years, do not bother I agree.

I have come to this conclusion, the failure of an organization is 100% due to a lack of leadership. Starts with the owner, the GM and the coach. We have had some damn poor leadership ever since Ralph let Bill Polian go.

However, I like Nix alot and while the Gailey hire did not work out (we could not attract any coaches because we were a circus for too many years then), he has kept, or rather returned the organization to being classy and respectful. It all started when Ralph finally relinquished all control to Russ Brandon, the Bills CEO.

However, if Marrone does not work out, we are looking at more years of futility. At least now the team has talent, Buddy picks some good players.

4. BleedGreenDaily

I wanted EJ on the Jets! But we went with the guy I feared...

5. foreboding

foreboding Member

I truly thought, up until maybe the last week of the draft that EJ would get picked first by the Eagles or maybe the Browns. In my mind he was by far the best of the bunch, because while none of them were world beaters, EJ has the panache and all the intangibles you would want.

Eagles, Browns or you guys were grabbing EJ if we did not pick him when we did.

Plus in Buffalo, and NY, you need strong QB's with big hands to can handle the wind and snow and rain. Trent Edwards and Fitz were terrible in bad weather.
    When the Bills visited EJ to have him throw it was raining sideways and blowing hard. The Bills were dissapointed because they were not going to be able to see him throw. EJ said, lets go work out anyway. He blew them away throwing in that junk, that was the final thing Nix and Marrone needed to see.

#125 foreboding, May 2, 2013
    Last edited: May 2, 2013
  6. L3JET

L3JET Active Member

Who asked him that question? Please provide the link of that interview. Just little red flags other teams saw? Could you please elaborate? Do you have access to internal information of other teams in the NFL? Do you have quotes of other team exes bag-mouthing Geno Smith?

Tebow? Who's Tebow? Does he play for the NY JETS?

7. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

No way in hell will they draft Manziel or Bridgewater now, not after drafting Smith. They will not take a QB next year in the 1st round no matter even if we had the #1 pick. We are already f$$ked.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

How could you possibly know this?

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

If they have the #1 pick, that will have meant ALL of their QBs didn't look good and will select a franchise QB if one is available. Don't be silly.

Idzik comes from the same organization that gave Charlie Whitehurst a monster contract, then the following year traded alot for Flynn, gave him a monster contract, yet drafted a QB in the third round that same year and played him.

If you think spending a 2nd rounder on Geno Smith means they will ignore the QB position for the foreseeable future, especially if they become the worst team in the league you have lost your mind.

10. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

If Smith is still unproven by the next draft, and there's a can't miss Luck or RG3 type
    prospect available, if we can select him, I'd hope Idzik would.

11. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Kind of like there was no way the Colts would draft Luck with Manning on the roster.

If Geno sucks, and the Jets get a top 5 pick, a 2nd round qb does not preclude Teddy or Johnny. And like I have said, if the Jets get a top 5 pick, Bill Cowher is going to be the coach, and he will do whatever he wants.

12. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Yep, I heard a lot about that, good for him. No way Geno would of taken that chance. He would have fired Mother Nature from raining on his day

13. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I've seen n dealt w/ so many pos fans in my time as a Jets fan...but this post takes the cake. Are some of u ppl this fuckin serious????

14. L3JET

L3JET Active Member

Funny stuff...

*yawn* now they need to see how he performs with boos raining down on him from the stands!

They conduct a workout in Florida. And these geniuses thought that would translate how he would be in Buffalo in Dec?

Maybe the Bills "brass" can call on the weather gods to ensure its 80 degrees and raining every Sunday wherever the Bills play.

#134 L3JET, May 2, 2013
    Last edited: May 2, 2013
  15. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

The Panthers took Jimmy Claussen at pick #48 in 2010, then took Cam Newton #1 overall in 2011. Why do you think there's "no way in hell" the Jets wouldn't follow a similar path?

16. foreboding

foreboding Member

Where do you live?
    I can tell you the wind and rain down here can be brutal and strong. Not cold no, but it sure beats seeing someone just throw in the sun or in a gym.

17. L3JET

L3JET Active Member

I live in Florida, and I can tell your describing a hurricane! It's summertime, we usually just have some quick storms that blow right over within an hour... LOL

18. foreboding

foreboding Member

You mean like the last several days when it is raining off and on all the time?
    I also live in FLA, and you and I both know there can be some pretty hard downpour and wind here.

Whatever, it means whatever it means. I am glad they saw him throw in less than ideal situations, wouldn't you be?

19. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

None of this shit matters because the Jets wont be picking in the top 5, probably not even top 10

we're not a team lacking talent, we lack consistency and depth

hopefully everyone can stay healthy and gel

20. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joe Willie White Shoes
    "But what gets me pissed is how Jets fans are handling the drafting of this kid. The negativity from the fans is incredibly troubling and puzzling. Why go after this kid? Why label him a bust and question everything he does after one week as a Jet??

Any fan who hopes otherwise is nothing more than a selfish asshole who would rather point to a post they made this week three years from now and say "i told you so" than see the Jets succeed. What the hell is wrong with you people??"

You just took the second sentence of my quote above and proved that are the perfect example of the selfish self absorbed asshole fan who would rather be right than see the Jets win. You would rather be right about Smith than have the Jets win and make the playoffs!! This might be one of the most idiotic, stupid posts I have ever read in my life. The Jets have had tons of asshole players that were adored by the fans, but this kid has a couple of bad articles written about him by a bunch of hacks and the fan base turns on him in an instant. Unbelievable. I am embarrassed to be associated with fans like you. Please root for another team, like maybe the Pats.