Xbox 360 Review Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by ViLmAfAn5128, Jun 24, 2006.

1. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

No E3, god you're dumb. E3 is not Demopalooza, it's showing off what is the future of gaming, demos or not.

2. Tight

Tight Active Member

Your a fool, the future of gaming ? You think every year a next gen system comes out ? Next years E3 will be primarily demos. There would be no E3 without demos, playable or not. SO just give it up, you make absoloutley no sense. NONE

Glad to see you changed your avatar, did'nt mean to spill your secret.

#22 Tight, Jun 26, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2006
  3. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

No matter what anyone says there will always be fanboys. Take it from me, someone unbiased who has had an N64, PS2, and now Xbox 360, that the 360 is the best system on the market now and will likely win the next stage of the console war. PS3, while being a a blu-ray player in addition to high tech gaming system, is too much money. At $500 for the bare minumum and 600 for the full package (which is what most people would want anyways) its just too expensive. People will not spend 600 for a system that is not that much more powerful than the 360 and im pretty sure sales for the 360 will double those of PS3 this winter (especially if that rumored price drop is true) Software developers have begun to realize this and have shifted their future projects towards the 360 (Rockstar and GTA specifically). You can argue that the blue ray capabilites make it worth the price of admission, but it should be noted that blu ray techonology will be pitted against HD-DVD and its unclear which format (if any) will become standard in the future. Ps2 attributed most of its sucess due to the fact that it was the first video game system that also played DVD movies, but by the time Ps2 launched it was pretty clear that DVD was going to be the standard format for watching movies. Plus PS2 was a very reasonable $300 when it launched, so just because PS2 was the most sucessful console of the last generation doesn't mean PS3 will win out this time around. Unless you have to play Final Fantasy or MGS:4, then save yourself $200 and get a 360. I dont see the Wii coming out on top either. While the controller is pretty cool and it will be dirt cheap, the visuals cant even compare to the 360 or PS3. Hell, when I saw the preview for Madden on the Wii i thought it was for the PS2 or Xbox version. Go look at the previews of the games if you dont believe me. While the controller may be "next-gen" the system itself sure as hell isnt. Now the Xbox 360 has a bright future with exclusives such as Gears of War (best in show at E3), Halo 3, and a bevy of other sick games. Games like Madden and GTA that are coming out for both 360 and PS3 will look just as good and in the end save you $200 if you opt for the 360. Xbox live is already the largest and best online gaming community out there. And oh yeah, Xbox 360 is available right now. While i too was looking foward to buying a PS3, once I saw Sony's cards on the table I knew that PS3 wasn't worth my $600. Most of my friends who have had sony systems in the past have followed suit and have already bought a 360 or plan on getting one real soon. You can listen to all the bickering and bantering you want, but if you want to get a true next gen system with awsome games at a reasonable price, then there's only one choice.

4. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

Paragraphs man, paragraphs.
    I'm sure what you have to say is good but I cant get past the first sentence without my eyes bleeding.

5. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

work at age 13

6. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

:lol: :lol: Are you serious? You can't find anything to do (other than drug dealing) to make money? I can't believe these teens will be our future. :eek:hmy:

7. wildthing202

Xbox360 won't win crap maybe in America but it's a huge failure in Japan(not a surprise), the original Xbox had better numbers though those sales #s weren't that high either.
    http://www.videogamecharts.com/page5.html
    Go gamecube:rofl:
    http://www.videogamecharts.com/page3.html
    Gamecube not that far behind after first 7 months

People will pay the $600 for 1 thing, the Blu-ray player which most studios are supporting. People want the newest thing and the 360 is nothing more than Xbox 1.5. I mean come on they're still using the current DVD format, that's not next gen.

Nothing but a bunch of FPS is all mircosoft has and not all gamers play those.
    (is not be true but what games are hyped the most on the 360)

8. Tight

Tight Active Member

Please your going from bad to worse. I take it you live in America so please stop with the Japan shit. That site had us sales and u rather tell us about Japan ?

Btw blu- ray or not we had The best game at e3. Whats your answer to that, cause in the end, its the games thats going to sell the system not a dvd player. O and before I forget its not a first person :)

9. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

Ok thats Japan, im talking about the US here

Ok most studios are supporting Blu-ray but that still doesn't mean it will catch on. A lot of studios supported beta-max and divx formats too. And just beacuse 360 games are DVD format does not mean its not next gen. Go play Oblivion or GRAW on 360 and honestly tell me that the visuals are only half a step up from the current gen.

I believe the most hyped game for the 360 thus far has been Oblivion (already a strong contender for game of the year according to most), which is an RPG. Also pretty much all of the 3rd party games coming out for PS3 will be on the 360 so like I said, unless you have to play MGS or Final Fantasy there is no reason to shell out an extra $200 at this point. Hell I've already heard rumors of MGS4 being ported to 360 but you bet the farm that you will never see Halo on a sony or nintendo system (unless a buyout occurs).

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Xbox 360 is AWESOME.

Great system.

Totally worth getting with some amazing future titles.

Forget PS3 and Wii.

You are one of them. :)

#30 The Dark Knight, Jun 27, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2006
  11. Tight

Tight Active Member

Chadwick why are you wasting your time, this is the guy that said E3 is has little to do with demos. Hes obviously a rookie to this.

12. wildthing202

Where did I said little? All I said is that not all of it has to do with demos. Open your ears instead of your mouth. There are demos but all your thinking of playable demos instead of trailers such as FF XIII and MSG4. E3 is about the future of gaming and not just playing the first level of a game coming out in November. How old are you? Have you even watched E3 at all or are you talking out of your ass like usual.

To Chad it's a global game, that's why the PS2 won the last console war and the PS3 is going to win easily with those numbers.

Betamax is irrelevent to blu-ray unless your talking about things Sony invented.

Unless you like DoA then there is no reason to get a 360 might as well get a PC since it plays the same games.

13. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Oh Yeah!

Man, I had a full XBOX360 HTPC Thread before the last tgg.system crashed.
    All I have to say is that it's more than game. Your dad would be ecstatic when he sees that you can
    -Stream HDTV
    -Have Photo Albums
    -Stream Music

and So much more by just networking it to the computer. Definitely Worth every penny!

14. Tight

Tight Active Member

Your a hopeless case, from your earlier posts you make it seem as if the ps3 will be glitch free. Please stfu, youve gone from sony fanboy to bodyguard in less then 20 posts. NAUSEATING. I loved my ps2, just like my xbox, but at least I never had to buy 3 xbox's because of a stupid laser.

#34 Tight, Jun 28, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2006
  15. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

I know, but I'm not one of the stupid ones. :smile:

16. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

good news, my dad said if i work at his job for 4 weeks he'll get it, only catch, my mom has to approve, i have no problem with this, just that my mom might.

17. Sect120

Sect120 Member

At least you are getting a job.

BTW, The 360 is worth it. I am not sure how it is all going to turn out, but some of the selling points of the PS3 may never materialize. Blu-Ray like Beta Max has a huge chance of being dead before it gets off the ground. Sony pictures is the major studio pushing for it, other independent studios are looking at HDVD. it has to deal with the free market. Independent studios know that if they support Blu-Ray they will be held hostage by Sony, where as everyone can produce HDVD.

The graphics will probably be better (marginally) on the PS3, much like they were on the xbox. But at the end of the day, games will be produced at the same level of detail for both. So you won't be able to tell the difference.

All this for $200 more, it would be insane.

18. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

true, for me PS3 is not an option, My dad was considering me wait for that, until he heard the price, now, its 360 or nothing.