WW85's 2013 FINAL JET's MOCK DRAFT (NO TRADES)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Apr 23, 2013.

1. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Not sure what you're trying to get at? I mean dont get me wrong, I dont have as big of an issue with Barkley as I do Nassib but how does having great talent around him give him the edge over Manuel?

2. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Mocks are just that...it's your opinion you don't need to defend it. Thanks for doing this as usual.

3. joe

joe Well-Known Member

boozer, while I agree that the #9 could be used on the pass rush (and then OG [imho Warmack] with the 13th), as far as the rest your post goes:

"Decastro was better than both the top guards in this draft.."
    Decastro was considered more of a 'technician' and who himself admitted that once he got into Steelers training camp that core strength was going to be an issue he needed to address. Decastro coming out of college was never on the level of Warmack nor Cooper both in terms of 'beast' as well as blocking in space. I can see the argument against picking an OG in the 1st round, but when that OG is beyond "just a guard" and you have an additional 1st round pick, you go for the sure fire 10-year starter at #13 who will probably have a number of Pro Bowls under his belt by the time he's through. No guarantees with any pick, but looking extensively at Warmack these past two years, this guy's as close to good money as I've seen in the entire draft. Not just your ordinary kid OG.

"unless that guard is going to rush ball into the endzone, throw/catch a TD pass..."
    No, but that rock solid guard is going to help pave the way to rushing the ball into the endzone (let alone provide the push on those drive sustaining 3rd down and a yard to go plays), as well as keeping Mark Sanchez on his feet. No OL equals no rushing attack, no pass protection, no nothing...esp. on an offense that's not light's out to begin with. It's like a house built on sand.

"..let's waste the highest pick we have had in a decade on a guard.."
    No, let's "waste" our #13 pick on a sure bet guard but that's besides the point. Just for the record, we've picked higher than #9 three other times in the past decade (and doesn't include the trade up to #5 in '09 to draft Sanchez):
    2003: #4 - Dewayne Robertson, DT, Kentucky
    2006: #4 - D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia
    2008: #6 - Vernon Gholston, DE, Ohio State

#83 joe, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  4. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Yes, yes you have. And you've shown time and time again to have a deep understanding of the game and the draft.

I totally agree with this too. Although I am not sold on Manual at 13, I understand why you want him.

5. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I think a lot of people didn't understand my POV. Do I think Manuel is a good value at #13? Absolutely Not!!! I think he has the most potential of any QB in this draft.

The NO TRADE scenario was an important part of my Mock.

I was trying to make a scenario what a GM might do to get the QB the covet if they can't trade back. I touched a lot of nerves by some that are short sighted and don't look at possible options.

Right now, I think Jordan may fall to #9. If Jax goes OT and I'm hearing Philly wants an OT & also are high on Star, which could make Jordan fall to #9. I don't see the Browns taking Jordan.

#9 Jordan & #13 Austin...would be my perfect scenario. (I think Eifert will be gone)

If Jordan doesn't fall, I would skip Cooper At #9 and go 9) Eifert & 13)Mingo.

6. Richiebsweet

Richiebsweet Active Member

Your mock would have been legit with a trade than just taking Manuel outright at 13 especially when everyone is reporting that Mornhinweg really likes Nassib.

The JETS will need to accumulate picks.

Regardless, today is the big day, and one thing that will dictate who the JETS take will be where Fisher, Joeckel, and Johnson go.

7. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

I'm not going to contest your credentials, but I will question the Manuel choice.
    I want the Jets to pick E.J., but not in the first round,
    No draft pundit has said that he's going in the first round.
    Personally, I think quarterback is lower on the list of priorities the Jets should have.
    Sanchez has regressed, but he still has that $8M cap number. Why make the situation worse with someone who could be project and another sizable salary.

I do like your choice of Jonathan Cooper. I've always thought that once Faneca was booted, the team's line play deteriorated.

I think if the Jets had made the investment in shoring up what's around Sanchez, he would be better. I think he has the talent to produce. I think once he got out of his comfort level, his confidence dropped.

8. laxin

laxin Active Member

100% with you. I havent watched any Dion Jordan tape in 3 months because of his rise. He seemed like a top 5 lock. I pray he falls, but it usually never happens.

9. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

It is simply unfathomable that any person who watched or follows FSU football would agree with taking EJ fuckig Manuel in the first round.

They played exactly one top 50 defense all season, at home, and he completed 54% of his passes with one TD and THREE INTs. Their 2012 schedule was a joke and they still lost two games despite a top 3 defense, bc the offense led by a senior QB was completely inconsistent.

The last overdrafted Jimbo Fisher system QB was ::drum roll:: Jamarcus Russell, and this kid on an equally talented team in a significantly easier conference wasn't even as good.

Highlight tapes, measurable, the combine. Who gives a fuck, the kid is a mediocre QB.

10. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

You want to continue being part of this community...tone down your F Bombs...it's not necessary. Thanks!