WW85's 2013 FINAL JET's MOCK DRAFT (NO TRADES)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Apr 23, 2013.

1. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Appreciate it. Richie doesn't have to agree with my Mock, he just doesn't have to be stupid about it.

I don't expect everyone to agree, I tried to take a different angle at this draft.

I'm tired of Mingo in all the expert's drafts.

In fact I'm all in on Mingo at #13, because he will still be available, #9 is too early for KeKe.

2. Windeos

Windeos Member

EJ might be the best QB in the draft but that doesn't merit taking him at 13 and best of all it doesn't mean he's going to be very successful just because he is the best of a bad bunch.

I'm fine with taking a QB in the later rounds but I'd personally wait for a much more highly touted QB group in 2014 than using a good 1st round pick on a the chance EJ turns into something.

We can't afford to take a chance with the #13 overall pick, our picks need to be nailed, we dont have the luxury of taking such a risk on a QB.

3. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

EJ is a risk, but the Jets need to take a risk at QB somewhere..

Ultimately i would prefer to grab another blue chipper like Star or Austin at 9, with Cooper at 13, and a QB in round 2.
    However, you've addressed the primary needs i'm looking for from this draft, so i wouldn't mind it. The wildcard of course depends on the success of EJ.

4. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

without trades this is a very solid mock. If we were to trade with SF, we could get Manuel at 31 or 34 I believe and use the other pick on someone like Eifert.

I had Jefferson in one of my mocks, he would be a perfect fit for this team and of course I love the Cooper pick, he's who I would want.

5. Richiebsweet

Richiebsweet Active Member

I've been a diehard football fan since 1998 and have watched the draft since then as well. 400 posts to your 11,000+ does not mean anything.

I said the outside the box comment because I thought it was funny at the moment but I guess I was wrong since you erupted like Ryan Leaf and clearly don't have thick skin or can take a joke.

I don't see Idzik taking a QB this early in the draft when the JETS have other glaring needs, that's my one of my points.

And my other point is that Ponder may not have entered the equation for you the moment you submitted your mock draft, but your reasoning just looks to ironic to the fact that Ponder was picked 12th overall back in 2011 and you want EJ to go 13th overall to the JETS and both players have ties to Florida State and both players played well in the Senior Bowl, that's all I'm saying.

6. Richiebsweet

Richiebsweet Active Member

I appreciate your insight WW85, I just don't agree with most of your picks or words like stupid and moron!!!

7. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

I think Manuel is a very real possibility at #13. I could see him going as early as #6 to Cleveland.

8. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

as do i

ive read that he's a blank slate with very few bad habbits to go along with his elite measurables

marty has done more with far inferior talents ... if we cant trade down, id have no problem with manuel at 13

solid mock, ww85

9. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Imo, and I don't claim to be the know it all here but...

Rex and Idzik aren't going to draft a 1st round project and wait an indeterminate number of seasons for that player to pan out. Rex is still the coach, I feel a good one at that to think that a Idzik will pick a 1st round project for 'down the road' and ignore the present needs for Rex to utilize.

Not many are giving Rex and Idzik the benefit of the doubt that they are looking to work to fix the problem now.

a QB in the 1st? Not going to happen.

10. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Not a Stephon Jefferson fan at any round, but like everyone else.

11. goat784

goat784 Banned

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I like Manuel but lower than 13. Schefter says Atlanta is trying to move up and he might be there at 30. I also believe Smith or Manuel would both be better than Sanchez and a much cheaper pick than he was.

#32 Don, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  13. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I know this is hard to do, but which QB would you say EJ Manuel most resembles in the NFL right now?

14. goat784

goat784 Banned

15. Don

Big Ben.......

16. vedmedv

vedmedv Member

EJ MANUEL IS ABOUT AS MUCH A FIRST ROUND TALENT AS SANCHEZ.
    NO QBs PLEASE. OG OR PASS RUSHER PICKS.......ABSOLUTELY.

17. goat784

goat784 Banned

Not close to Big Ben. Size wise sure but not play wise.

18. Don

I don't consider Big Ben that great a player.

19. Don

That was an ok statement until you said OG in the first round..were you kidding? Other than special teams, FBs and maybe kickers that is the least worthy position to spend a 1st on that you can find.

#39 Don, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  20. goat784

goat784 Banned

He's a much better QB then Manuel and better then a lot of starters in the NFL right now. As a person he's garbage but good QB