WTF is Miami Doing?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Falco21, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I get they are rebuilding, but they are literally leaving ZERO pieces in place to build around.

They have to draft and trade for an entire team at this point.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ins-engaged-in-talks-to-trade-rb-kenyan-drake

2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The only lost by 1 point last week. They're getting nervous.

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

We'll probably split with them. Lmao

Royal Tee likes this.
  4. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

That’s what I don’t get. This isn’t Madden Franchise Mode. Even if they draft a couple of studs in the first round, they literally have nothing to build around. Their offensive line is by far the worst in the league. Even with some weapons I don’t see how they can bring say Tua in and he will be successful.

JetFanInPA likes this.
  5. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

That's what confused me about the Laremy Tunsil trade. It's not easy to find a franchise LT and they had one who was only 25. If he was in his 30s or something maybe it makes sense, but trading away a cornerstone player that would be a huge piece of the future was fascinating. Somebody has to block for Tua

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The plan is to use all their assets to build a stacked team in a couple years from now. Trading away present value for future value. For it to work, they need to:

1. Draft well with their haul of picks.
    2. Get a franchise QB.
    3. Not get their franchise QB killed behind a bad OL.
    4. Hope Flores can coach or quickly replace him with someone who can.

We'll see if it works out for them.

7. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

It won't. The organization is run by a moron. A stable organization doesn't trade away young cornerstones like a LT and a CB to ensure a tank job in order to draft a QB. Think how ridiculous that idea truly is. The Dolphins were bad before those trades. They would of found a way to get one of the top QBs coming out. Now to " ensure " they get their QB they have convinced themselves they need to lose every single game and completely start over. So basically they probably plan on drafting a new LT with the pick they got for Tunsil and possibly a new CB with the pick they got for Fitzpatrick. Makes a lot of sense huh ? We all know the draft is really a crapshoot - nobody knows if the new players drafted will be as good as the players they traded away.

The whole situation is tacky and makes the NFL look truly ridiculous. That two point conversion " attempt " at the end of the Redskins game was laughable. The play call looked like something out of high school. If the Dolphins really wanted to win wouldn't you think they would simply kick the XP and take their chances in OT ? They were home and they had momentum. The Redskins aren't exactly a powerhouse. Embarrassing. I even saw a report the other day that the Dolphins were also planning on tanking in 2020 because they like Lawrence out of Clemson better than the QBs coming out in this draft. There's no proof of course but believable based on what we're seeing, no?

I know we complain about the Johnson brothers but can you imagine being chained to that franchise ??

I bet of all of these first/second round picks the Dolphins select more than half of them will wash out.....

NCJetsfan, Woodhead and BacktoQueens like this.
  8. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Helping me win fantasy by letting me stream defenses who are playing them?

9. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

On that note, pick up Steelers defense if you still can.

10. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

They've been one of the worst run organizations in sports for quite awhile now.

11. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

That might be a tough call. I don't even know who will be playing QB for the Steelers so the Dolphins will have that much more time to luck into scoring points.

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

They’re like the jets of the afc east.

Jake and mark82 like this.
  13. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

So true.
    And somehow we hired their failed sloppy seconds to run our team. :eek:

Ralebird likes this.
  14. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I was looking at what he did in Denver with Manning. The hope was that if Darnold is who we hope he is he could've come close to duplicating that success here then with a Gregg Williams defense on the other side ...

I was expecting the Jets to resemble the 2013 Denver offense.

Darnold is saying the Jets could be unstoppable once they get everyone healthy.

We'll see.

15. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

I actually agree with the decision to "Tank for Tua" at all costs. Not that Tua is a can't miss future HOFer and won't struggle early, but I feel like starting at rock bottom is the best for Miami. Think they have 1 playoff win back in the early 2000s since Marino retired. Mostly because they have been pussies about drafting a QB early and the one QB they did draft early was a TE in college and look how that worked out. Passing on Rodgers was a mistake. Passing on Ryan was a mistake. The fools in the medical office telling Saban to grab Culpepper instead of Brees was a mistake. I may be forgetting some.

At some point you get sick and tired of 10-6 at best and a first round exit. Perhaps the most exciting team since the Marino years was that wildcat offense year, and they got destroyed in the 1st round by the Ravens who were actually a real defense.

They got lucky with the Mika Fitzpatrick trade which now might actually be a top 10 pick along with the #1 pick.That's probably the pick that is best utilized with a trade down for more picks. Getting Tua is nice, but you will need guys to protect him.

Also, agreed with the decision to go for the 2 pt conversion in the Redskins game. You give yourself maybe a 10-20% chance to convert and win the game there. And like a 45% chance to win in OT and 5% to tie. So it was the right call actually.

16. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

It's possible but the Jets are a much better team. I know that may be hard to believe after last night but I don't see how Miami wins unless Fitzpatrick has a career night or something. What would you set the spread at? I think the Jets would be 8-9 point favorites at home and 5-6 point favorites on the road.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  17. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

They wanted Tunsil gone. He was repeatedly late for practices, missed meetings. They got 2 first and a second for him.
    With the draft capital this year they can draft the QB of their choice )or trade down a few spots and add a boat load of picks) the WR of their choice, one of the top tackles and still draft a RB and 2 more WRs before entering the third round with 3 picks. They are also loaded with picks for the following draft.

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

its not gonna work. tanking is easy but there is no easy fix for winning. I don't care how many draft picks they acquire - they are a long ways from being competitive and they aren't getting any closer by doing what they are doing

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

OH- and one of the Dolphin players spit in some imbred Buffalo fan's face.

I am unsure who to side with on this one. On one hand: dolphins, on the other: dumbass bills fan.... such a tough decision on where to place my outrage

20. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Call it a draw!

BrowningNagle and stinkyB like this.