WRs are indirectly involved in pass protection

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jerryjeudy, May 3, 2020.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its fun when sabremetrics guys that never played football really want to make a point.

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Well we don't have Elite talent at WR (yet) ..personally I want to see SD use all the TEs and new receivers we just got ..Herndon Mims Griffin Crowder Bell etc >>should be good for a couple of scores per game minimum

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I must respond. Hellloooo.

Anyway, the fun thing I learned from this thread was a new Britishism. I can't wait to use the word mardy on someone!

K'OB and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  4. jetophile

I MUST RESPOND.

K'OB and alleycat9 like this.
  5. alleycat9

haha i wonder what hes up to these days. i dont think it could be him, he was never much of a stats guy because they tended to disprove his theories.

6. jetophile

The Art of Arguing With Yourself 101. When I think of Days of nyjunc Past, I have a visual of Andrew Cuomo gesticulating in his own kitchen talking to the wall. I know junc inflamed a lot of people here, and I've said this before, but he never really bothered me. In fact, there are a bunch of people that bothered other people that never bothered me. Anyway, part of his modality was luring people in and then watching it explode. By the same token, no-one wanted to take responsibility for goading him into what they knew would happen. I've no doubt he got off on it on some level. I missed running into him at a tailgate years ago by about 5 minutes and by all accounts he was a very nice person. Could be a serial killer in real life, though. Who is to say.

If the new guy starts bringing up the genius of Mark Sanchez, you might have to re-think your position, lol.

alleycat9 likes this.
  7. alleycat9

he was brilliant in his own strange way. i remember someone suggesting he was a computer setup at unc working to annoy people. i looked him up hes still posting at jetsnation and i am sure just as absurd as ever.

he got me on 2 different subjects, herm edwards and mark sanchez and to his credit i couldnt let it go on either of those subjects. and he made me dislike them more than i should have. there were times i would log on and just wait to see what kind of absurdity he was spewing that day.

the best one is still in my signature, 27th ranked but top 10 best... :)

8. jetophile

Hah, one of the funniest things I ever ever read on here was at LEAST 15 years ago minimum. @The Waterboy might remember this. There was a poster named twinjetfan, who was 14 at the time. I specifically remember that fact. It was about tickets, and I wish to hell I could recall who it was now, but it was someone who rarely posted as it was. So said poster said something like PM me and I'll give you a ride to the Stadium. That kid was a whip, too. He goes, "Yeah, like I'm going to give some anonymous old man my personal information and accept rides from strangers in this age of pedophilia. Nice try." LMFAO.

The other one, and it was so innocuous, I don't why it hit me so funny, but I was shrieking. highflyer, that kid from Australia, he was in his late teens and was pissed at his sister because she ate his ice-cream. He started a thread about it (@FJF would be in his glory), but it was fabulous. "Who bought the ice-cream? I bought the fucking ice-cream." I actually switched out 'Morbidly Fascinating' for that for a couple of months. He carried on for two pages about what a bitch she was for doing it, that she was lazy, that even her breathing bothered him, that he bought that ice-cream with his paycheck, that she didn't even like that flavor, but she ate it, anyway. He came home from school all ready to eat his ice-cream, and the bitch ate it. I can't explain it, you had to be there.

I can rattle off a ton of 'dead' posters at will. Some really obscure ones. Good times. Yeah, nyjunc even managed to get under @jaywayne12 's skin, who has to be one of the nicest dudes to ever post here. And then he would get frustrated with himself as if to say what am I even DOING here? On this planet, in other words. He's so nice that he couldn't bring himself to tell him to fck off. He just deflected the infinite inanity and asked why God, why, God, why am I engaging this. Haha.

Anyway back to WRs. I wonder what Curtis Conway is doing these days?

alleycat9, FJF and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  9. alleycat9

all fantastic stories!!! this place has a TON of them. i was here pretty close to the beginning and can remember getting scolded by petro for posting the fighting in the internet is like running in the special olympics even if you win youre still retarded meme, he was PISSED about it and didnt want the forum to have garbage like that in it.

when things got really crazy around here for awhile i always thought back to that post many many years ago and how things had changed. ive always been kind of unwilling to be a real jerk or post things that are objectionable here because of that warning from petro.

10. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

False. Give me a list of the great undrafted LTs of the Super Bowl era. Or just OT.

I can think of one great one and one good one. That's it for me. Your opinion may vary,-- I'd like to hear it.

11. jetophile

Mardy bastard! Yay! My first victim! Wait, rats, you don't count. You're British. :/

K'OB and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  12. So wait..the argument now is that WRs can easily be found By simply signing UDFAs? Now we’re not even drafting WRs at all! Fantastic! Lol

I was responding to the notion that WRs can be found in later rounds of the draft(Not UDFA) & that the same is true about every position. Was never an OL vs WR argument.

Jason Peters,Lou Groza,Nate Newton,Brandon Moore,Brian Waters,Jeff Saturday,Austin Howard & Kerry Jenkins. Seems alil specific to just include OTs.

#92 KurtTheJetsFan, May 5, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2020
    J-Raw24 likes this.
  13. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

La'el Collins, Jim Otto, Jimmy Langer, Larry Little... quite a few actually.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  14. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

Halapoulivaati Vaitai was a 5th round draft pick and the starting LT on a SB winner, the 2017 Eagles

I’ve heard he’s also an incredible speller

15. TwoHeadedMonster

You're right, what a ridiculous thing to think.

16. so ridiculous that i gave multiple examples. But b.c that doesnt feed into OL being the only thing that matters we'll just ignore it completely.

How many True #1 X receivers have been signed as UDFAs? Z receivers? Slots?I'd like to hear it.

#96 KurtTheJetsFan, May 6, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2020
    J-Raw24 likes this.
  17. TwoHeadedMonster

Seems silly to limit it to just include X, Y, or Slot, so we'll just throw them all together, and pretend like they're the same, since the multiple OT examples presented by yourself and others are mostly OGs and even a couple of Centers... but sure, I'll play by these make-em-up-as-we-go rules:

Rod Smith
    Wes Welker
    Drew Pearson
    Victor Cruz
    Miles Austin
    Doug Baldwin
    Jermaine Kearse
    Wayne Chrebet

18. funny cause not one of those guys is a #1 x receiver. At least i provided examples of an actual Good LT. And you were the one who made it an OL vs WR thing & for some reason made it about UDFAs.If anyone making it up as they go along its you.

Dont bother responding.

19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Certainly plenty annoying in his own special way, but this guy writes like Shakespeare compared to PhillyStacks.

The Waterboy and Jerryjeudy like this.
  20. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

Thanks for the compliment

Jeudy’s play will speak for itself this season

If Becton doesn’t develop into at least a borderline pro-bowler year in and year out, Douglas screwed up

Because Jeudy is going to be an absolute sensation in the NFL