Wow... this team is bad all across the board.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Zach, Nov 3, 2019.

1. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

There's as much chance of that as Britain leaving the EU.

dawinner127 likes this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Why do you think Greg Williams could win 2 games?

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Sam is still basically a rookie?

By what metric?

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Roflmao! Effing Jets. Getting beat by a team that was tanking. Unbelievable! Only the freaking Jets!

5. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

he has played in about 19 games

NYJFOREVER and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I think the point is that he's barely played in 16 NFL games.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

So basically not a rookie.

So basically not a rookie.

8. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

And your forgetting my favorite part.

The strategy has been horrendous. But then on TOP OF THAT the defense isn't any good either and on top of THAT the defensive line is getting zero help from all these #1 premium picks and whatever little scraps of success are from unheralded cheaply picked up guys.

9. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Haha--probably not with this squad but he did well in cleveland, right?

10. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

bad decisions i am sure are at least heavily influenced by OL. Guy needs to be confident in the line and get some rhythm.

I just hope we don't lose Sam either to an injury pr PTSD this season. Perhaps some multiple TE sets? Right now that would be my biggest concern. He almost got vaporized on that one hit yesterday, where Bell seemed to be in a blocking assignment and looking the other way

11. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

What's the definition of insanity again?

Build an NFL offensive line and judge Sam from there, if he sucks we'll be right in the running for Trevor Lawrence.

ColoradoContrails and chandler like this.
  12. chandler

And truth be told if those D picks were good (purposefully said good, not great), we'd be singing a different tune. We at least could resemble a team that would be strong on one side of the ball

Darron Lee, Leo, Calvin Pryor, Sheldon, Dee, Quinton, Wilk (good when sober), Kyle Wilson. That's a lot of investment with little or no return

Jamal is the only one worth a damn and he was probably over-drafted; Quinnen too soon to tell

In that same period of time Sam was our only offensive first rounder, preceded by Sanchez (who at least got us to AFC) Keller, Mangold, and Brick.

I'm super frustrated at team and can understand wanting Gase fired. I think the losses are more emblematic of the roster though, no talent, no depth. Williams was doing very well on D -- especially under the circumstanes but he's now playing some PS guys as starting LBs, and crap CB play.

Even our good players (e.g., Sam and Jamal) are pressing too much, trying to make a bigger play out of things than the opportunity allows and things are imploding.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  13. chandler

Yikes!! thats expansion team bad

i mentioned in another post that Gase should be considering multiple TE sets at this point. He needs to keep Sam up right, and to develop some rhythm.

At this point that should be our first priority -- keep Sam alive until we can get some OL help

(frankly i was glad to see that JD was looking for elite OL in exchange for Jamal -- not that i would be happy to see Jamal go but we have a bigger crisis at the moment than Jamal's feelings)

14. chandler

not saying this will happen but there was a graphic yesterday on the way Aikman, Peyton, Marino started out

Certainly QB has the biggest impact on a team but even the greatest can't hide a team with this many holes

15. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

No doubt the OL hasn't helped. But, this is clearly not the same guy who finished last year on a mostly high note. The OL wasn't good last year either, but it didn't look this bad where rushers are coming into the backfield unblocked at times. The seeing ghosts comment was telling.

16. chandler

I would like to think that with some quality protection we'll see some more throws like Sam made to the back of the endzone -- TD that was called back.

I would also like to think that this is fixable and JD by all accounts is totally aware of the need and priority

Truth be told we don't have one OL that another team cares a damn about. Any team would feel that the guys on their squad are just as good or probably better. Not one!

Where the hell is Wesco? is out blocking TE that awful he can't get on the field and perhaps save a QB's life? Run him Griffith and Herndon

17. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I cant go week after week making excuses for Sam's terrible INTs.

Yes the o-line is bad and yes we cant actually runs Gase's version of the spread. But still - its second down in a goal to go situation. Throw the ball away!

It was too soon to start comparing Sam to Sanchez. Its not too soon anymore. Yes Mark had a much better o-line/offense around him. But Sam is literally throwing drives away with bonehead picks. Sometimes when he had decent time to throw.

It reminds of Sanchez when his play is good, still good, ya good...BOOM imploded. Mark would make three good passes and one bad one. In the NFL that one bad one is still too many. You need to have one bad one every tens throws - not every four.

Sam is not as bad as Mark. But he is starting to look like a new version - call it Samchez, which isn't a big improvement.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  18. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Well come on now... to be fair nobody could have reasonably expected a win against Matt Barkley. But still.... 2-15 is pretty poor.

19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

While he did exacerbate a bad play did you forget they had NO TIMEOUTS LEFT and that he was also looking to avoid what would've been a 3rd and 12? And ask yourself this: why was the MLB on that play allowed to come in completely free (just like the LB at the other end of the field later in the game)?

dmw likes this.
  20. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

well he's not a million miles away from it is he. He is also younger than 2 of the 3 first round QB picks from this year's draft

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.