Wow Schotty..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by raphac, Nov 30, 2011.

1. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

(top of the screen) Holmes and Plax.

Holmes makes the turn towards Plax (decreasing the amount of space between the two WRs -- that's a shocker) and the DB is in between them, while the other DB backs off to guard anything deeper. If Sanchez had thrown that ball to either Holmes or Plax, the 1 DB could have broken up the pass; therefore, 1 DB was able to cover 2 WRs.

#141 The Uniform Bomber, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  2. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Something totally different... Ok.

What?

Cue Hobbes to tell us that every team can run the pats offense without Brady.

3. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Anything but what he is doing now. Ya know, having 4 WR's run the same pattern. Having WR's run patterns 2 ft apart from one another. Having a play in your endzone where only 1 WR is a viable option. Seems to me Schotty runs the WCO be it a severely retarded version.

I'd rather see the Wing T or Sanchez run a spread drawing routs on his hand then this crap.

4. ukilledkenny

I take issue with those types of plays too.

That doesn't mean the whole system is bad, it isn't despite the tgg hall of fame coaches panel who says otherwise.

5. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

It IS bad. Lack of results in the 1st qtr tell us that. It's a systemic failure when the early game results are that consistently bad. Who knows how good this offense could actually be if they got out to some early leads?

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

yes b/c they run that play all the time and the play out of the EZ was designed to decieve the D, it didn't work and the pass shouldn't have been thrown. if we send 3 guys out the D would pick up it's a pass a little sooner.

7. ukilledkenny

Ever since I joined this board there has been one person who needed to go in order for the offense to be great according to the mob.

Those guys always go away eventually but the offense has never become great. Very odd.

I still can't believe that an angry mob of jets fans knows something that the people who get paid to actually decide if the system and coaching are bad don't.

8. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Why are you being cryptic about it? Just say it. You have a mancrush on Brian Schottenheimer...or you're related to him.

9. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Matt Cassell did.

10. Hobbes3259

That's been my point all along.

2 Wr's on long routes from the I formation. (Holding the ball too long 4 seconds or more)

If you go back and look at the last game, we had pretty good success with 3+ Wr's but he refuses to embrace the reality of the modern passing game. (including some nice runs)

We'll see what he does Sunday, against edge rushers.

11. Hobbes3259

Except we ran it unsuccessfully from almost the same spot a couple of series prior to the int.

And in the first iteration Greene actually got out of the backfield ans Mark wa able to ground the ball behind his feet.

the second time around we ran the same play, and Barnett Crushed greene at the goal line.

Another symptom of Schottyitis. It didn't work from the same spot, lets run it again!

12. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Jets sent five out, and there were seven backs defending. Including one whose number I could not read at the top of the screen. I don't know what you are talking about.

13. Big Blocker

This is a ridiculous post. Argue your case on the merits or show us you have none. I am voting for the second choice based on what you have spewed out here to date.

14. Big Blocker

I have no problem throwing in a deep route with max protect from time to time. Many criticize the Jets for not throwing the deep ball. Remember the time Ferguson got beat against Buff? It was for a deep route, but Sanchez had to throw it away. The reality is when you want to go deep, and you want your Qb to have time to throw it, you need more pass protection. BFD.

15. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I don't know how to explain it any more explicitly. If you don't see it, then you don't see it.

16. Hobbes3259

Yeah.....all is right with the world.

17. jets2884

jets2884 Active Member

janesports Jane McManus
    Schottenheimer on extension: "I love it here. I love working for Rex." Said he hasn't pursued other options, wants to remain with #Jets.

18. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

lmao...that's cause his BS has been uncovered and no one wants his ass.

Between the lines it says, I know this is the only job I can get right now.

19. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

It looks like he had a slim shot at best - obviously we'll never know. If you think that that in some way justifies the stupidness of the play design, I don't know what to say.

20. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

We'd probably have one win because he'd throw at least 3 picks a game with the amount of pass attempts he would need to achieve that.