Wow...Bravo Geno!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsruby, Aug 14, 2014.

1. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

I wonder if he'll be inducted the same year as David Clowney...

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Or Brett Ratliff.

_

3. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Geno can be great. He has all the physical tools and now he is dedicating himself to be a student of the game.

Good sign

4. VaBchJet

VaBchJet Active Member

Our passing stats were the worst in the NFL last year and we still won 8 games. I like this guys take on our situation, it's a long video but he lays it out very well.

5. ozzieny

ozzieny Member

I didn't realize he could read - Oh wait he's just watching film...no wonder.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It doesn't have to be an "assignment per se. I'd be very surprised if at the end of the season, coaches can't give the players evaluations of their play that season. If they can't do that, then the NFL is effed up. They can simply point out the areas of weakness, where they need improvement, or areas where the player might want to focus their efforts if they want to get better. If coaches can't do that, how are they ever supposed to help their players learn and improve?

7. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

WOW...did you make that up all by yourself?

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't get through 5 minutes of that 52 minute video, mainly because the guy is annoying. Got some Cliff's Notes?

9. VaBchJet

VaBchJet Active Member

He quoted some eye opening stats about our passing game, worst in the NFL. Turnover differential was also the worst in the league, 15 total with 2 fumble recoveries. Kansas City and the Rams had 15 fumble recoveries a piece. We sucked on both sides of the ball and amazingly won eight games. Worst completion percentage, worst QB rating, etc. Most of that was on our rookie QB and our QB's were sacked 47 times if I remember right. Abyzmul stats (Pun intended). If you fast forward to the Strengths and Weaknesses sections that's were the stats are revealed.

10. VaBchJet

VaBchJet Active Member

If Geno can just pick up his game just a little, this season can be a good one.

11. ozzieny

ozzieny Member

Amazing how gullible some people can be. Just amazing.

12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

He's a 2nd year QB that clearly had all the physical tools and is turning himself into a film buff. What exactly is there to be gullible about?

13. Barcs

Barcs Banned

How dare you suggest that Geno will be anything other than a bust!

14. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

Im not a Geno hater.. I m just curious as to what everyone thats excited sees in him so far? To me the offense has looked terrible and we only move the ball more as we slowly remove the starters and the other team's go full on into there second and third teams. i know its preseason, but i haven't seen one good drive yet out of the first unit.

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The media was just quoting rex, last time I checked Rex was not part of the media. Geno is portrayed as dumb and average and given no kudos for anything has done. End of story. The media got on its knees for Mexi

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I do see some improvement. Appears he is getting the ball out faster, he's making better decisions with the football so far. Also it appears he's gotten used to taking snaps under center.

Penalties have been a problem this preseason. Surely we could have scored if not for some penalties.

17. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Steve Serby NY Post
    http://nypost.com/2013/12/30/why-you-should-resist-the-temptation-of-geno-smith/

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I didn't get all that excited, he looks calmer and steps up in the pocket more confidently. Still have yet to see him display the ability to play from under center effectively.

19. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

I was one of his biggest critics last year but I've been really impressed with how much calmer he is in the pocket. He's also using his feet more to escape the pocket which is a great thing. As far as the offense as a whole we didn't have our number 1 receiver or tight end and the playcalling has been simplistic in nature. All you can really take out of these games are how he looks under center and in the pocket if hes still forcing throws and so far he's been on point.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I haven't seen anything to get excited about from Geno yet this preseason. Hopefully this weekend he shows us something.