Wow...Bravo Geno!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsruby, Aug 14, 2014.

1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

As has been discussed already, off season contact is prohibited as I am sure assigning work for the off season is also prohibited by the CBA.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You'd think that Geno would do anything that's reported as positive on his own during the offseason, and you'd also think that the Jets' CS would have the forethought to assign him to do anything that could be reported as positive.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

whatevs ... still no jets west virginia

JetLifeLo likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It could easily have been done before the off season began. I would be shocked if coaches don't meet with younger or struggling players or communicate with them in some fashion and "suggest" what they'd like to see them work on during the offseason to help the team.

5. abyzmul

A player taking initiative is basically useless because the coaches should have told them to do the things that they are taking initiative to do, no matter what those things may be.

FJF likes this.
  6. abyzmul

Rex Ryan should have had the foresight to teach Antonio Allen the cornerback position, that's his job as a coach.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

rex told him to watch mike ditka film. thank god he was smarter than that.

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess coaches can't circumvent the non contact clause by giving assignments to the player during contact periods to do during non-contact periods. Call me crazy, that just seems like an ignorant but logical assumption of what the CBA wouldn't permit.

9. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

I have a lot of faith in Geno and I think he is going to be our qb for awhile. At least I hope so lol I just spent some money on his jersey

#69 NYJETS4life24, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    DMSMaven likes this.
  10. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Surprised nobody mentioned this part...

But in all seriousness, that was one article worth reading every time. He is the most crucial part to our team having success in this next season, and for the next few as well.

11. abyzmul

I guess we know what Rex's next tat will be...

12. joe

joe Well-Known Member

I understand the no contact rule. That said, the article mentioned that Geno "pulled tapes" so I'm assuming he didn't even interact with the quality control coach, but he could pull from the vault totally on the QT from Florham Park?

As for the sleezy, racially-coded "gym rat vs. naturally gifted" inferences, why stop there? Beyond (rightfully) lauding Geno for his gumption, why not patronizingly praise the 'industrious' lad for being "a credit to his race?" …. smh .. : (

13. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Garropolo already looks better than Geno.

The quick release and pocket awareness are impressive.

I also love the natural instinct of when to throw the touch pass versus when to fire it through a needle.

14. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

I hope he's not another top tier QB...

15. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

A lot of posters in the Draft Forum thought he was the best QB in the draft before the draft happened. I'd be interested in their thoughts now that he's a Patriot.

_

16. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Haha this is doublethink.

17. Superhippy

Superhippy Well-Known Member

If any Jets fans at this point are surprised that Geno is a really hard worker that takes alot of personally responibility when it comes to his own play, then you havn't been paying attention. Remember last year when he came out and personally apologized to the defense for his poor play. That's all I needed to know right there. I have never heard of an NFL QB in my life that has done that before. I have heard guys say that they need to play better, but to personally apologize to the part of the team that is playing winning football while his play is causing them to lose showed just how much character Geno has.

I am a South Florida Bulls fan too, and followed Geno's career closely when West Virginia was still in the Big East. His progression from his 1st full season starting to his 2nd was incredible. He went from an accurate safe game manager to one of the best (and most underrated) gunslingers in all of college football. The dude threw 98 TD's and 21 INT's his entire college career and had 2 4,000 yard seasons. He also led WVU to 70 points in the freaking Orange Bowl.

Geno just needs to limit the turnovers, it's that simple. His completion percentage, yards, and yards per attempt are all way ahead of where Sanchez finished his rookie season, and Geno had worse receivers, much worse offensive line, and a little weaker running game to go with it. If Geno can go from 21 INT's to about 12 or 13 which would be average, I could easily see him ending the year with 3800 yards and 20 TD's.

101GangGreen101 and egelband like this.
  18. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Exactly. Shame on you. Of course Bellacheat knows. He's got his head so far up Brady's ass, he can't not know.

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Garropolo ballin in the preseason lock it up - this guy is going to the Hall of Fame.

20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I was yelling like all hell to get that guy. I have a feeling he's gonna be a very good quarterback