Would you want a coach like Tom Coughlin?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GlennFoley, Dec 4, 2006.

1. GlennFoley

GlennFoley Banned

What an embarassment this guy is..

Say what you want about Herm, but he didn't lose his mind everytime the other team makes a play..

Its one thing to go nuts after a bad penalty, but geez..

Get that guy out of NY please...

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Couhglin had incredibly talented tams in jacksonville and could never break through down there. He was always an overrated coach, his team quit on him his last year in jax and the Giants are close to doing the same. His teams are so undisciplined it's donwright comical to watch the next mistake and his rantings on the sidelines and desperation to gett he crowd loud at home are just fun to watch. I hope he's the giant coach for many years to come.

3. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I agree with junc....everyone loved to say how he took those young jags to the playoffs...did you see the talent on that team

4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Tom and his team throw each other under the bus every loss. They call eachother out constantly. There is no team Chemistry and Eli Manning ,while he has some talent,is not a leader, He hangs his head all day. I hate the bastard and hope he never wins another game. Chad is the best QB in NY,Jets are the best team.

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Junc and I have disagreed lately but I have to agree with every word on this. Coughlin is in charge of his own self-image and nothing else. This "team," and I use the term extremely loosly, has to be one of the most undisciplined, self-centered gang of hoodlums in the NFL. An extremely talented group of individuals who could easily qualify as subject-study matter at a convention of pyschologists and psychiatrists based on the way they interact among themselves.

6. baamf

baamf Active Member

and I'm loving every minute of it....

:smile:

7. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

Watching him last night i could only think that it must be hell playing for him. He was muttering and shaking his head at everything they did, if I kept seeing that as a player i would not want to play for the man. He is basically showing himself and his team up on mainstream TV.

And at the moment the Giants players seem to be playing for themselves rather than the team, all apart from shockey.

8. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Coughlin really screwed the pooch yesterday in regards to clock management. The Giants were inside the 20 with all 3 time outs and 2 minutes left and they took a TO for some reason which gave Dallas a little over a minute to work with after they tied it up.

9. allan1

allan1 Active Member

I think he's an unhinged red faced lunatic. I would take Herm back before Coughlin, at least Herms teams had a shred of class and discipline. Tom is a senile old coot.

10. GreenMachine

Like the discipline they showed in week 1 vs KC?

11. nyjunc

My God, that was one week! EVERY team has bad games but under herm we were always among the least penalized and we rarely had boneheaded mistakes like the Giants.

12. GreenMachine

How about Barton in the SD PO game?

13. nyjunc

One example and Eric still has some Raider in him. We were always near the top in fewest penalties and least amount of turnovers.

14. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Why would you care if he coaches in NY? And he's hardly the problem of that team.