Would you trade a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Stefon Diggs?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by footballfundamentals, Oct 4, 2019.

1. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

Correct. Need to have all options on the table for Sam's development. Bell I thought might be wasted on this team and I would rather rebuild the offensive line. Adams I believe will not be on a losing team long term (who can blame him). Robbie Anderson is not a #1 receiver and neither was Quincy. But if you can add a talent like Diggs for a 2nd or 3rd rd pick, I would do it.

2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Something tells me the Vikings will ask for at least a 1st round pick for Diggs.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. jets21027

jets21027 Active Member

I agree!, with him crowder bell and Herndon you have some weapons for sam

4. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

What the heck did they sign Crowder for then?

No I wouldn't do it. He's nothing special doesn't seem overly big or fast he's a JAG.

I will tell you who I would trade for but it'll never happen because the Jets like to coddle their draft picks & the awful contract the Vikings gave him. We sure could use Kirk Cousins right about now.

5. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

You've had more dumb ideas than anyone on this board put together. But now you want to trade draft picks for Kirk Cousins? LMAO okay.

6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

3rd rounder for me. which will be near the top of the round.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

4th rounder at best this year, 4th round next year, conditionally upgraded to 3rd round depending on Diggs' performance. That's the best I would offer. Not that Diggs isn't good, but right now, the draft is all important.

PennyRoyal10 likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I totally disagree. Why trade a 2nd and a 3rd for one player when we have a bunch of holes and little depth, and especially when our OL is in serious need of upgrading, and we also need an edge rusher and CB? It's not like he alone will make us a winner next year. It's supposed to be a VERY strong and deep class of WRs. Even if we can trade back, why not have 7 picks instead of 6 or 5? Trading multiple picks for Diggs would make zero sense imo.

#28 NCJetsfan, Oct 5, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    tomdeb and SOJAZ like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That is the only way I would trade for Diggs (Leon and the Jets' 3rd).

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Leonard Williams straight up

11. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

As much as Williams is underperforming, not particularly needed, and Diggs would do a lot more for this team, I'm afraid it would hurt us long term. Reason being that losing Williams would likely result in the Jets feeling like they need to immediately replace him and they would draft yet ANOTHER defensive lineman in the first round.

12. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

They're going to replace him anyway, this idiotic organization continues to waste pucks on dud DL, year in year out, the last 3 moron GMs draft them every year, I doubt the new bozo will be any different.

tomdeb likes this.
  13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Why would you want Cousins? Seriously, how many Super Bowls has that loser won? That's right, zero. Eli Manning has two. We should trade for Eli. I'd give the Giants our first rounder, our second rounder, and your account. The second rounder is so they'll take your account.

Jets69 and FJF like this.
  14. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Totally agree. Keep draft picks and trade DOWN next year. The jets have so many holes in their roster you could throw a dart at the map. I would even trade 2019 1st round pick Q. Williams for a package--he will never do much for the jets as long they keep playing a 3-4. MacIdiot never understood that in a 3-4 you need some rush linebackers, not DT after DT like L. Williams, Q. Williams, N. Shepard, Foley Fat, etc.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Keep the high draft picks and keep using them to draft defensive players who become are insignificant after a couple of seasons. Who needs WRs anyway? Could have had WR Amari Cooper for a First Rounder last season, but instead the Jets would up drafting another dud(e) who will probably end up having little or no impact to this team.

16. WarriorRB28

I wouldn't trade for that contract.

Good football player but severely overpaid.

We're starting Falk, staring 0-4 in the face and you wouldn't want Kirk Cousins behind center instead? Too bad about that contract.

17. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

I'll bite...What draft pick would you want to give up for Cousins? I'll assume a 2nd or 3rd since that's the theme of the thread... doesn't that seem like alot (even given a better contract). And for what? Over Darnold until he obviously comes back as soon as he is cleared? Or even in a few more weeks? Or even until the end of the season?! Darnold WILL come back, and you want to trade a 2nd or 3rd for a season on the fringes of lost. I just dont get what your point is by saying the Jets coddle draft picks and to what end you want Cousins.

18. WarriorRB28

If Cousins didn't have that contract oh yeah a second or a third round pick no problem with that.

When did Sam Darnold become Peyton Manning? Dude can't even stay in the lineup for a full season.

I believe in competition. Iron sharpens iron.

19. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

When did Payton Manning come into this? So let me get this straight, to push Sam along (iron sharpens iron right) you are willing to give up a 2nd on Cousins that could be used on a weapon for Sam to, you know... help his development? Sound logic.

20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

What I want is Eli Manning. 2 Super Bowls > 0 Super Bowls. Simple math.