Would you rather still have Sam or Zach?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, Sep 12, 2021.

?

Would you rather have Sam or Zach?

1. Sam

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  2. Zach

83 vote(s)
    96.5%
  1. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Time to move on boys, this ship has sailed.

azhar80 likes this.
  2. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Sam looked great, his head coach made some interesting decision, which kept the game closer than it shouldve been. Sam was accurate and had good command of the offense.

I love Wilson's heart, and athleticism. However I feel like, I must've felt the same way abt Sanchez and Darnold until they took such a beating that they were not the same QBs any longer. Wilson let the ball fly even with pressure in his face, was refreshing, and the throws were pretty accurate.

OLine is the issue again, and seems like that is what decides whether a QB becomes a franchise QB or a temporary QB. Hopefully we fix our line and keep Wilson upright. I'd like Wilson to take off towards the sidelines, to get the Dline honest.

stinkyB and Royal Tee like this.
  3. jago

jago Active Member

this.

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was until someone brought Namath into the conversation.

papapump likes this.
  5. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Or everyone, other than Cimini, that read that post took it the way it was meant - answering the initial question that was asked (Would you rather still have Sam or Zach?) using the Namath and Zach stat as the only 2 who have thrown for 250+ and 2TDS in their 1st game as part of the argument.

bicketybam likes this.
  7. Ralebird

Tell us why your stat is in any way part of the argument. And what did Cimini say?

8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I like Zach’s intense personality more than Sam’s laidback personality for a starting QB. I think they are both talented QB prospects with Zach having an edge in physical talent.

For the Jets though it’s a no brainer, new staff that now has a QB on the same timeline and resetting the rookie QB salary cannot be understated.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. Jets-N-Terps

Cimini (you) somehow took my stat of Zach and Namath being the only 2 jets quarterbacks throwing for 250+ and 2tds in their 1st game as Zach being better than Namath. It took a lot of darnold love to read it that way, but you did.

I'll lay the other stat out for you and why it has anything to do with the Zach vs darnold argument as simply as I can so you can understand (unfortunately I can't write it out with crayons or finger paint on here) - 250 yds and 2 TDs is a decent game for a rookie in his 1st start. That was better than Darnold in his 1st game with the Jets. Just another reason I'll take Zach over darnold.

10. Ralebird

Explain the "Cimini (you)" comment please. [This should be good.]

Then tell me why you think that Namath is at all pertinent to the topic of Wilson vs. Darnold - that's what this thread is all about. Do you believe that a single game quarterback statistic from 1965 is at all relevant to one from 2021? If you really think that a single game performance is in some way significant in your comparison wouldn't you be better off showing what the two guys you're comparing did rather than bring in a third? Maybe you want to talk about Sanchez, Smith, Todd, O'Donnell and Dorow too?

11. Jets-N-Terps

Explain the Cimini/Ralebird: https://forums.theganggreen.com/search/90017061/?page=2&q=ralebird+cimini. Lots of evidence. This "argument" is more ammo.

Again, no crayons or finger paints for the 2nd part, but here we go...Joe Namath was good. Let's establish that to start....before we go any further, I need you to grasp that concept -> Namath = Good.

He had a good 1st game (especially for 1965.) Zach had a good 1st game, too - VERY good by Jets standards as he was the ONLY other quarterback in TEAM HISTORY to throw for over 250 yards and 2 TDs in his 1st game. He did it despite all hell breaking loose on the o-line. His "golden boy" new receiver dropped a 45 yard dime, the running game was horse shit, and his left tackle went down. He was sacked 6 times and hit I don't know how many other times. He stood in there, made throws, and actually made it a game. We saw a kid who not only belongs, but if you put him on the panthers and we still had Darnold, they win by 20+.

Now let's look at the the other side (sans crayons and finger paint again.) Your boy, Sammy's 1st pass was a pick 6. Even the most optimistic jets fans (of which I was one) knew right then and there it was the same fucking thing we've seen over and over. We took the wrong fucking guy. Everything good after that was lipstick on a pig. For further evidence, we can add seeing ghosts, getting mono - how many other starting quarterbacks in the nfl have ever missed games because of mono? NOT ONE. Then we have Darnold's poor footwork, awkward looking throws, that laissez faire attitude, mind numbing interceptions, Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson going after him (not relevant to the argument, but still aggravating) and there you have it.

I will take Zach Wilson over Sam Darnold.

And by the way, I enjoy this type of banter back and forth Ralebird. You probably aren't Cimini, but it is fun "poking you in the ribs" about it because it seems to get a rise out of you. Please don't take it personally or get too upset by it. In the end we are all on the same side here.

12. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

Sorry folks, it is way too early to say if Zack will be a franchise QB or not. Remember the media and fans (myself included) gushing about Sam after his first game in Detroit? I distinctly remember all of the experts including Mike Francesser saying Sam was a sure fire franchise QB and a can't miss player. Look where we are now. This organization has the label of "where qb's go to die". All I am saying is there's no doubt Zack has the ability, but let's just take it easy until we can prove that we will not get him killed and / or ruined before he can develop into that player we have craved forever here. If things continue like last game, he might not even survive until week 3.

stinkyB and Ralebird like this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

You're right. If Zach gets injured - god forbid a career-ending, or career-shortening one - he likely won't be a FQB. But after that caveat, do you really believe that short of that type of injury he won't be? Did you see last week's game? Did you watch any of his body of work up to now? If you still say he's not going to be a FQB, IDK what yardstick you're using for that designation.

14. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

The yard stick I am using is the last 50 years of frustration. Chad Pennington. Mark Sanchez. Sam Darnold. All of these guys (and more) were ruined by the NY Jets, and through no fault(s) of their own really. I have no doubt that Zack has the goods, the only thing standing in his way is getting killed, I agree with you on that one. As Qb's get pummeled, their confidence to stand in the pocket wanes. That is my worry about Zack. This is what happened to Sam here. And yes I did see last weeks game. Zack threw the ball all over the yard in garbage time - last weeks game was over in the first half. I want to see Zack protected and not getting beat up on every pass play. I want to see Zack bring us back on the last drive of a game to win. That was something Sam never accomplished here.

15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

He is using the SOJ's one pal ;)

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I don't know how you consider a game that went down to the 2 minute warning one that "was over in the first half".

And as I said, if Zach gets seriously injured -and I share that fear with you given what I saw last week - all bets are off on his becoming a FQB. But he's the best I've seen on the Jets since Namath. Premature to claim? Maybe. But I'll stand by it, and admit if I'm proven wrong.

NCJetsfan and K'OB like this.
  17. Ralebird

What a buffoon! You can't explain a single word but think that searching for a phrase and posting the results means something? I might be giving too much credit to some of the posters involved in that but surely most were being facetious in what they posted about Cimini. Congratulations on being dopey enough to not only believe that nonsense but to repeat it for all to see. You should be very proud of the group you've joined, even if you're now trying to walk back that assholery.

"Joe Namath was good" - Well, lah dee fuckin' dah! A buffoon one minute and a freakin' genius the next!

My "boy" Sammy? Where the hell did you get that? When have I ever been on the Darnold bandwagon? And there's no need to search for every time I posted something that contained the word Darnold - just show where I have been a staunch supporter of Darnold and happy with his overall performance.

It is perfectly proper that you state you will take Wilson over Darnold - that's what this thread is about but directing those comments at me, who has not opined on that choice is a bit bizarre. Comparing either of those two guys to Namath, or now to Allen and Jackson, is even odder. But go ahead - do you.

#77 Ralebird, Sep 16, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  18. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

So you use past regimes to predict the future and then say Wilson played in garbage time, all while they were teeing off on him in the second half. Just a typical woe is me Jets fan with a shitty take.

19. Jets-N-Terps

Sounds like we struck a nerve there Cimini.

20. Ralebird

Nah - looks like you struck your head.