Would you be open to a Sanchez / Jets reunion?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Superhippy, Nov 11, 2014.

?

To Sanchize or not to Sanchize?

1. Yes

21.1%
  2. No.

78.9%
  1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Sanchez just wanted to see one of his passes result in a lambeau leap

2. Richiebsweet

Richiebsweet Active Member

NO...POINT BLANK...HE IS NOT A FRANCHISE QB or WILL HE EVER BE!!! I witnessed four years of average play at best. There is a reason he was let go to begin with!!!

3. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

he may have found his niche as a back up. nothing more. late in game sub, injury replacement, but hopefully not long term.

4. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

People really jumped the gun the week before. We saw this time after time with him - one good game that gets everyone's hopes up that he's finally turning the corner, then an utter train wreck the following week. That's pretty much his trademark - doubtful it will ever change.

If people think the fan revolt against Idzik is over the top, you wouldn't want to see what would happen if they brought ole Marky back here and named him the starter...

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think people really need to take Sanchez for what he is at this point. He's a lower tier quarterback that can operate an offense and move it effectively at times. He needs a good running game and needs to rely on the play-action pass to set him up to move around and complete high percentage passes. He's going to turn the ball over, he's going to make you want to throw him on the bench but he's still a starter in this league that teams should look to replace sooner rather than later.

He's shown nothing more in Philly than he had in New York. He can look great at times and he can look terrible when he's trying to do too much and be the entire offense rather than operate within the confines of the offense. If he's thrown into a good situation with a coach who understands his deficiencies and plays to his strengths. I really think he's better under center in a play action setting then in a spread look like Philly's even though he's had moderate success.

That being said I do think he's going to hang around this league for a good 10+ years as a backup and may get some chances to start later on in his career. He's just not a guy you break the bank for because of his turn over problems and most importantly how he curls into a ball when things start going wrong. Brady's game vs. Indianapolis is a perfect example of a quarterback who is un-phased by mistakes. He threw two picks in the first half, one setting the Colts up to stay in the game. Aided by the running game, but still he came back in the second half and won the game. Sanchez doesn't have the winning attitude to rally the team around his mistakes and correct them as the game progresses. As I said, he just folds which is why he struggles when playing from behind at two scores or more. He'll hang around though and teams in the right situation may give him a chance to have some success as he gets older.

6. Voyevoda117

Voyevoda117 Member

Nah. We need to look forward, not backwards. Not sure who the future QB will be, maybe a FA next year or perhaps someone in the draft....but I seriously doubt it'll be Sanchez.

7. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

don't want him back at all. he's an average QB in a high powered offense. I'm not looking for average QBs...I want a star QB

8. twown

twown Well-Known Member

We football fans tend to think that schadenfreude is some kind of fancy, esoteric word. That's why we deserve -- and get -- blowhard dunces announcing our football games.

We thought John Madden was the best. A slobbering jackass? No way. He was awesome! BOOM!

And now we're stuck with the illiterate apes lined up behind him until the sun explodes. Yay for us.

9. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

4 to 1 against. Not too surprising.

10. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

i love how fast everyone jumped off the bandwagon

sanchez is what he is

a solid but unspectacular qb who is capable of filling in but isnt a long term solution