Would you accept Micheal Vick?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ralphw, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

First of all, there is nothing wrong with a few of the QB's on your strange list... second of all, perhaps you should stick to posts about pirates and your internet wife, because if you can't see the harm in having Michael Vick here, you cannot be helped.

2. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Ralphy, I normaly have a lot of time for new posters on the board but you are making a real ass of yourself. You will find this board is full of intelligent, thoughtful, articulate posters.......

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I see i'm not the only one who thinks Capt.Ahab is clueless. :)

Vick as our starting QB = setting us back 3-5 years. No thanks.

4. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

It also means having a sadistic, sick, inhumane dumb ass as the face of our franchise. I want to ROOT for the Jets, not AGAINST them. I could NEVER root for vick. I HATE THE BASTARD!

5. bwgold

bwgold New Member

quadriple with at least one Smith pitch - hell we could burn an entire quarter on that one play

6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Um, how 'bout fukk no.

[​IMG]

Taking it further, I have nothing against folks getting a second chance after breaking the law and paying their dues. However, let him make a living anywhere else except in football. He's a scumbag, and he'd still be doing what he was doing if he didn't get busted. You can put that in the bank.

7. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

It would be an outrage if the NFL ever let him back,and i would be ashamed of the jets if they ever gave him a Jersey

8. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

What did Favre just do. Come on the list of QBs is so dam discouraging to any real fan. Vick would just be another name on the list.

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

+1

He's burned his NFL bridges IMO.

10. tdoublee

tdoublee Active Member

No, however....

He's the kind of talent that could turn a BSchotty from looking like a bum to looking like a genius. Vick had no receivers in ATL and the protection was shakey at times. Schott could go bananas with the playbook with a guy like him (coughTebowcough).

11. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Vick had the same receivers that M.Ryan has right now...both M.Jenkins and R.White were in ATL when Vick was still the starting QB. And both of those wideouts (especially White) were quite productive this season.

12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

In all honesty, I can't even believe this discussion is actually going on. Goodell screwed up enough by letting Pacman Jones even breathe on the NFL again, and Jerry Jones should never have been permitted to engage the situation. After Goodell did the right thing initially with Vick, he allows THAT; and, doesn't suspend Belichick like he should have in between. I swear to God, if Vick is allowed back in the NFL, I've totally lost faith in this league. It's been teetering on the ledge as it is.

13. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

it's too early to start jumping from ledges, Jeto :)

Haven't seen you on the board in awhile...where've you been?

14. keypusher

keypusher Member

This is a side issue, but the idea that the Cowboys are some kind of successful "outlaw organization" that other teams should emulate is wrong. The Cowboys had lots of success with Tom Landry, when they were most buttoned-down organization this side of the U.S. Army. They had the rest of their success with Jimmy Johnson, when they weren't exactly buttoned down but still an extremely disciplined team. Since they got rid of Johnson, they've accomplished nothing in the postseason (yeah, I know, they won one SB with Switzer and Johnson's players). This year they had T.O. and Pacman Jones and they collapsed.

The idea that you succeed by getting "outlaw" players is just wrong. Yes, there is Randy Moss, but once he got to NE he acted like a Patriot. The rest of the team didn't start acting like Randy Moss.

Maybe Vick has cleaned up his act. But Americans (especially white Americans) like dogs so much, it will be very hard for him to come back anywhere.

15. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Not a SHOT :rofl: .

16. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

No No No No No ..... He SUCKED as a quarterback, he failed as a human, HE IS A LOSER in every sense of the word !!!

17. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

NO, hes an absolute SCUMBAG. i dont care what he can do(if anything) i wouldn't support anything the jets do, if they brought that dirt bag here

18. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Off the field stuff aside, I don't think he'll ever be a consistent winner in the NFL.

19. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Only if he agreed to go by the name Ron Mexico.

20. jigglebilly

jigglebilly New Member

I'm sure Vick has gotten a hundered of these links on his email since he's been arrested, and it's true:

http://piv.pivpiv.dk/