Would u trade Vilma for a 2nd and 5th round pick?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JoeJet, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

It's also his 3rd year in the NFL?

2. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

3. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

Yes...and Brian Urlacher in his first two years had 14 sacks and 5 interceptions.

4. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

and Ray Lewis had 6.5 sacks in his first two years. So to review, Lewis had 6.5 sacks in his first two years, Brian Urlacher had 14 sacks. AND VILMA has 2.5in 45 games. SO DO YOU SEE A TREND?

5. Welcome to J-Ville

Welcome to J-Ville New Member

What are you tryin to prove here buddy?? The fact that Vilma isnt as good as the 2 best MLBs in the game and 2 of the best in history? Well i think we all know that so thanks for pointing that out...

6. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

J-Ville...time to change your diapers. Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher are his contemporaries. If you know your NFL history, the best middle linebackers of all-time are Jack Lambert, Mike Singletary, Ray Nitschke, Sam Huff, and Willie Lanier.

7. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Your agenda is really making you look silly. You can't compare players in different schemes playing for different coaches on different teams. To do so is just assinine.

8. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

You are right. Let's just throw away history (and opinions of people like Bill Parcells, Bill Walsh, Bill Bellichick, and Tom Landry).

9. KSJets

KSJets New Member

So DROY and leading the league in tackles isn't good enough for you? He has to be the best at his position of all time? Got it. You'd probably prefer Marvin Jones back.

10. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

Ok Guys, I am thru with this thread. A Very Happy Holiday Season to You and all those closest to You.....Joe.
    PS...its just sports and opinions.

11. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Cool. Happy holidays

12. GreenMachine

Landry was dead before Vilma was drafted...

13. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank New Member

I hate it when posters have an opinion and then post numerous times just to get across 1 point when 1 post would be fine.

You should work on that.

14. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I certainly would not want to trade Vilma for a 2nd and 5th rounder. As someone else pointed out he is worth at least a 1st rounder for a team running the 4-3.

This is going to be an extremely difficult decision for Mangini and company. Vilma is a very talented, intelligent athlete with the work ethic of a champion. He's a "Mangini guy". Unfortunately his body size and playing style just don't seem suited for the 3-4 defense. Sure we could give him 2-3 years while we try and shore up that front 3 and hope he can fit into the 3-4 but if he doesn't both the NYJ and Vilma have lost 2-3 good years.

I don't know what the right thing to do is, I don't know if anyone does, but if they decide to trade him for a good price I won't disagree with the decision.

15. baamf

baamf Active Member

Five pages of opinions and I think you summed it up best. Nice post !!!

16. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Ur post is excellant except I disagree that he will bring a #1 even by a team running a 4-3. The time to get that #1 was this past off season IMHO

17. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Somebody should put closed thread under this post. Excellent post and dead on..regardless where you sit on this issue.

18. erlovepuck

erlovepuck New Member

No.

Vilma is a leader with the right attitude for this team and this coach. It's not as if he's playing poorly, he's just not making big impact plays. He will adjust and be fine.

19. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

My God. I can't believe I'm even reading this thread. Vilma is a remarkable football player. You don't trade guys like that.

Too many--way too many around here--football "fans" just don't get it. They REALLY don't understand the nature of football. It is a TEAM game. EVERY player's "individual" success or failure is the result of 10 other guys doing THEIR jobs (not to mention the larger picture of having the right scheme, formation, and play call). Unless we are privy to the playbook, game plan, and break down tape in the same detail as coaching staffs do, more often than not we really don't know what the hell we're talking about as fans.

20. floridajet

floridajet Member

Rofl^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^roflflfllf