Would it make sense to trade the Revis pick or our own #9?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NewYorkEveryThing, Apr 21, 2013.

1. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

I wonder if a team would be willing to give up their 1st this year and next year's first to move up to 9 if there is a player there that they really like

2. GeshJet

GeshJet Active Member

Trade the 13 to SF for its 1st (31) and its high 2d (34). Matches perfectly on the trade value chart. Jets known to be looking to trade down. SF known to be looking to trade up (too many draft picks with too few roster spots). Good chance this happens.

3. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

gotta find a trade partner which is not always the easiest to do - especially in a deep draft. if this draft was a bit more top heavy we would have better leverage to trade out.

i am sure they will have a conditional trade for one of the picks with someone (or 2) prior to thursday night and pull the trigger IF the board falls as both teams expect.

4. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

hmm not a bad approach

5. Boba Jett

Boba Jett Member

I think with so many needs and a deep draft, it would be much better if we could trade both top picks for two lower first round/top of the second round. More picks the better. I honestly hope we don't do something stupid like draft Geno Smith with one of those. I think you have to slug it out with Sanchez/Gerard one more yer and grab the top QB pick for next year.