Would it make sense to trade the Revis pick or our own #9?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NewYorkEveryThing, Apr 21, 2013.

1. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

I would cry tears of joy if Milliner fell to 9 and Cooper to 13....

On topic, i would say it depends on who is there, but I would prefer trading the 9th as it has higher value.

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Same here.

I would trade both my picks if I was the GM. Can't see a franchise player in this years draft. More mid round picks can help us more.

3. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Just wondering, how would we end up with 6? Our third plus the third we will get if revis is on the Bucs roster next year, where do the other 4 come from?

4. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Projected compensatory picks.

5. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Every single team looking to trade up is going to offer the package we'd want as fans for 1-9 waaaaaaay before they even pretend to be interested in talking about 1-13. All those MIN/STL/ATL scenarios we're all running through - saying we want both 1sts or eff off - are going to be played in reverse, but replaced with "we want the 9th or eff off".

6. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

There are franchise players in every draft. The key is finding them. There may be bargains in the 2nd round, but if there are players in the 1st who could have an impact you take them.

7. UWSfan

UWSfan New Member

I'd keep #9 and take Austin, trade down with #13 and take EJ Manuel at the end of the 1st round, then use our second and third round picks on a TE and G. You add in Ivory and suddenly a whole new offense.

8. ekaarons

ekaarons Member

revis trade

there is no way the jets are going to keep two first round picks.the will trade down for extrapicks.there are very interesting picks in the early rounds that fit the jets scheme.the jets need a lot of fixing.in order for them to build a competitive team.

9. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

I feel the exact same way.

The jets can make one into two like that, we've officially become the best partner to offer a couple of of picks to if any are interested in moving up.

To get the 49ers first two for #9 is worth it the most to me, and the most plausible.

10. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I don't know.

11. UWSfan

UWSfan New Member

Remember that Morningwig's offense fits small fast receivers, like Desean and Maclin. Austin is a perfect fit.

12. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

remember how philly imploded cause their o-line played like crap? drafting a stud guard and tackle or tight end doesn't seem like a bad thing to do.

assuming we still have enough cap space to get eltaco loco out after june 1st.:beer:

13. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

Given the number of holes that we have, logic would dictate to try to accumulate more picks by trading down. History on the other hand seems to dictate picking a guy that you really want if he's available at your pick. We've seen Parcells & Bellichick repeatedly accumulate picks with little talent to show for it after the fact.

My gut says grab an impact defensive guy at #9 (DT, OLB, CB: whichever is the best available player) & try to get cute & move back at #13 for a TE & OG where they're better value in the late first or early 2nd.

That beings said, we need talent, and if we can get two immediate contributors at #9 & #13, just draft there, and don't look back.

14. Duck

Duck Member

if the demand is there, trade both. imagine 3 1st rounders and another pick or 2

15. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

This would be insanity, even the Rams are bringing in Deandre Hopkins for a second time.

They don't want a small receiver, they want a big man with speed, who can out jump CB's in the endzone.

This love for a wes welker type player is fine if you get him in the 4th round, not the 9th pick overall.

16. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

It's almost a guarantee we are trading down. Idzik knows he couldn't get much from the Revis trade, so he is going to turn that one pick into multiple picks.

If you listened to his phone conference he says that there will be MANY short term benefits to this trade. Woody also noted that they are looking to fill the roster with a lot of talent in this draft. I can almost say for sure we will be trading down. Idzik seems to know what he is doing. W.e he does, I am all for.

4 scenarios really:

1. Pick BPA at 9 and 13.
    2. Pick BPA at 13 and trade 9.
    3. Pick BPA at 9 and trade 13.
    4. Trade 9 and 13 for more picks.

I'd honestly be happy with any of them at this point. We just need talent on this team

17. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I'm all about trading down...with BOTH of them...I don't care who is at 9 or 13. This draft is insane deep on through and into the deep 3rd round. I would much rather see 4 - 6 picks in this range if at all possible. We need to fill this roster with GOOD talent. JMO....

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

2 and 3 I really like. I think we need to use of the picks since it's so high and we can get someone we really need and like, but if we can trade the other to MIN or Sf (two teams with resources) I would be all for that. Have 4 picks in the first 40 if SF wants to trade up.

19. hazmat

hazmat New Member

I would like to get either Warwick or Cooper at 9 or 13 and then trade the other pick back into the 20's while adding a 2nd and 4th. At that point you would have 2 1st round picks, 2 2nd round picks, 1 3rd round pick and 2 4th round picks.

I really don't think any of the pass rushers are a sure thing at 9 or 13 so taking Mingo and hoping he pans out is risky.

20. SoulFood

SoulFood Active Member

The issue with trading down is that you need to find someone who wants to trade up. Not sure you'll find that this year. It's going to have to be from someone who falls that some team really wants.