Would it make sense to trade the Revis pick or our own #9?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NewYorkEveryThing, Apr 21, 2013.

1. NewYorkEveryThing

Just curious on what you guy's think. We have 2 High picks in this draft and if we trade one or both, How many picks can we get too re-load this depleted roster?

We can trade our #9 for 2 #2's.
    Or we can trade the revis pick for a late 1st and a 3rd.
    Or we can mix both picks to move up and receive a higher pick? (which I don't like cause no one is good enough in the 1-3 range).

How do you guy's feel about stocking up on more picks? It just seems like the value is not there as far as talent and if a team is desperate unlike us since we
    are kinda re-building. We can trade out of the top 15 and get a boatload of late #1's,#2's and #3's.

2. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

As always... depends who's available.

3. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

This. If a guy like Dion Jordan or Jarvis Jones is available with the #9, keep the pick. Then if a player we like AND need is available at #13, take him too.

4. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I would rather move up TBH and grab Milliner

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I wouldn't trade any of them. We might end up with 6 3s next year and that might be a much better draft. Get the best players you can get with the picks we have now and use next year to fill the remaining holes.

6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Dslob says hi.

7. laxin

laxin Active Member

Thats a horrible idea. For so many reasons.

8. NewYorkEveryThing

I feel we need so much and maybe grab another 2 picks with the revis pick so we don't have to alway's compare that player to revis. It's not fare to the player since we only got a #1 .
    It's like we are getting a player for revis if we use that pick. Poor guy will get bashed if he doesn't live up to the revis standard.

9. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I'm sure one of the draft guys could explain why not better than I ever could so all I'm going to say to your suggestion is no thank you

10. NewYorkEveryThing

Yeah and he will forever be compared to revis. That's not good. How many CB's really work out? Not many and that's why i say trade the pick so we can get a few guys. Unless it's like tavon austin, who everyone like a lot.

11. NewYorkEveryThing

We can build a crazy O-line by drafting womack and whatever stud tackle is avaiable. It might even save sanchez's career. There has not been a dominant front O-line since the cowboy's of thee early 90's.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It makes sense to trade the 13 down. It also makes sense to trade the 9 down. If I had to choose I would trade the 13 down so nobody got stuck being the guy who Revis was traded for. It's hard enough to make your way in the professional sports world without having a tag like that on you.

13. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

San Fransico?

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'd have gone with Jets in '08 and '09 but that's just me. D'Brick, Faneca, Mangold, Moore and Woody was probably one of the top 5 lines of the salary cap era and that includes the Cowboys loaded lines of the early 90's when existing contracts were grandfathered into the cap.

15. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Move down or stay in place. Too many holes to be trading up. That's the Tanny way of doing things.

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I would trade both picks down. Chances are pretty good that in 2014, we're in the position the 49'ers are in this year. Let 2013 go and sacrifice it for possibly the first thru third overall in 2014.

17. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Depends on who's available at #9.

Try to fleece another team by trading down for multiple early round picks in this year's or next year's draft. Otherwise sit tight and draft the 2 BPA.

18. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

After this trade, I've gone from "I hope we trade down" to "I'd be annoyed if we DIDN'T trade down."

Trade down with one or both if at all possible. Other than the guards, there's not a single player we can get at 9 or 13 that is that much better than a player at that position 10 picks later.

19. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

So we're Superbowl runner ups? :beer:

20. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Why does everyone want to blow the #9 pick on a pass rusher when the draft is filthy with them. Guys like Tank Carradine (16-20 pick), Bjorn Werner (20-30 pick), or Alex Okafor(mid round two) could be every bit as good or better than Jordan or Jones. Hell, Jordan or Jones themselves could even slide past our pick at # 13. Has any pass rusher in this draft really done that much to separate themselves from the pack?

I am thinking we trade down from 9 and use 13 to get an impact player (depending on who is available). However if I did draft someone at # 9 it would be a huge freak of an player with a size / speed combination that you can't find every day. A guy like Lane Johnson, Floyd Sharrif, Chance Warmack, Star Lotluleilei, or Jonathan Cooper who has a chance to dominate in the trenches for the next decade.