Worst Worker Excuses

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by The Waterboy, Nov 12, 2020.

1. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Eat my grits

FJF, stinkyB and Brook! like this.
  2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Wasn't that "kiss my grits?"

Noam likes this.
  3. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Guy I work with, we start at 7:00, he was late(everyday) the boss called every 5 minutes till he ran thru the gate at 7:25, the boss calls and he tells him he was late because he stopped at McDonald's for breakfast. The Boss hangs up on him and says strike 2, he looks at me and says what's strike 2, I said strike 3 yer out! You should have told him you had a flat, wtf is wrong with you!

Brook! and FJF like this.
  4. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

To be fair, it's hard to use the "I had a flat" excuse every day.

Not a worker excuse, but I actually had a student who used the "my mother just passed away and I have to arrange and go to the funeral" excuse twice in the same semester when asking for extensions on two different projects.

On the other side of the coin, I also had a student very apologetically ask for a two-day extension on a homework because she had just been diagnosed with a brain tumor and had to have emergency surgery. It was benign, and she actually turned the homework in four days late, but being the nice guy that I am I let it slide.

Brook! and matt robinson 17 like this.
  5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

OK, this was like 20 years ago..... The one true "corpo / office" type job I had (but I was in the art department, so we still did what we wanted ;) )

Granted it was my younger party days (and like many mid 20's knuckleheads I'd still go out to bars on weeknights) and was the only single guy in the office (but NEVER once called in sick)

I woke up one morning feeling like DEATH, so I called the head of our dept to say I was sick and wasnt coming in.... "DUDE, C'MON, YOU'RE NOT SICK... YOU'RE HUNGOVER!" .... "No, seriously"... "C'mon, I'm callin BS" (we had a very casual relationship).... "OK, have it your way...."

So to prove a point I drove the 42 miles to work, and almost crashed from coughing my lungs out, and having green slime coming out of every opening in my head.... Got to work, walked into the office to see every set of eyes come out of their heads in horror when they saw me.... "You look terrible!".... "Yeah no shit, still think I'm hungover?!?" (I was pissed). "I'm sorry, go to the doctor asap on your way home"......

So I turned around, got back in my truck and drove back home, but went to a walk-in clinic. I had a 103 fever, with a sinus and respiratory infection.....Good Times.

But from that day, I never got questioned about being sick again..... so when the surf was good, I got my sweet revenge..... ;)

Noam, Brook! and MoWilkBeast like this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Did she have it removed with no anesthesia?

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I called in one day (my birthday) because it was really nice out and thought I’d go get a round of golf in instead of working. Next day I go in and my supervisor says “what did you shoot?”
    I reply I was sick, laid around all day. To which he says, next time, take your glove off between shots, the tan line is a dead tell.
    “Oh, shot an 86. What are we getting done today”

#27 FJF, Nov 25, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    Brook! likes this.
  8. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Yep. Toughest son of a bitch I ever saw.

abyzmul, Noam, Brook! and 2 others like this.