Worse then the usual same old Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by graig.323, Oct 27, 2019.

1. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

the league stepped in for the giants to force maras to hire george young.

goddell should do the same with the jets.

2. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

People love talking about a president of football operations like it’ll fix everything but what makes anyone believe they’ll hire the right person for the job?

Not saying they shouldn’t do it....but history isn’t exactly on their side.

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I think Moe Howard is available.

[​IMG]

Cman68 likes this.
  4. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Same here bud.....I came from a Giants family. One day as a 10 year old in 1981 I saw a commercial on the old Channel 5 advertising a Jets exhibition game against the Denver Broncos ( I even remember the time it was for 9:30 pm ). It was showing Jets highlights in slow motion ( before all the hyped up computer graphics you see today ). I saw the green uniform and I was in love. From that day the Jets were my team....torture lol.

sozopol likes this.
  5. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

The fact is he's never looked good throwing the ball. He is an awkward thrower with below average feet (at best.) Even vs Dallas when he was voted offensive player of the week, his feet were a mess.
    You can blame it on the OL, but even when he's had good games, he does it despite his poor footwork. He throws off his back foot too often, and has happy feet even when he has time. Maybe it's because he's only been a qb for a few years, but he just doesn't look like a natural thrower.
    I wanted him to be the guy more than Geno, Sanchez, or even Chad...but it's looking bleak.

Acad23 likes this.
  6. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Some of it might have been the Knicks brain trust. They certainly had a plan B installed. Never wanted Kyrie and now they are talking about his mood swing. Durant has never carried a team anywhere.and had to hitch on to the Warriors. Both are soft and couldn't hold up in New York.

7. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I’d also say he deep ball leaves something to be desired.

I agree with everything that you say, but, perhaps because of his age, I think he may be salvageable.

The team is on pace to give up almost 70 sacks. No QB will have success under that kind of pressure. It alters the way they have to play the game. Go all out on fixing the OL this offseason and give the kid a chance next year. If he’s still a mess, hope the 2021 QB class is a good one.

sackexchange likes this.
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Maybe not Manhattan, but Brooklyn? Who knows...

boozer32 likes this.
  9. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

I hope you're right. I'm still waiting to see that QB that beat Penn St. in the rose bowl play for the Jets...we haven't seen him yet.

10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The guy who bought the Jets was a trust fund baby turned crook. His fund money came from getting people to powder their crotches with asbestos called baby powder. This crook bought himself the position of Ambassador to England after making a fortune and attempting to defraud the government of taxes.

I'm not a Karma guy but Kennedy bought his Ambassadorship to England with bootlegging money. Every one of his sons died a tragic death.

Until Woody is gone the Jets will be pissing against a very hard headwind.

Acad23 likes this.
  11. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Yeah, but you have to have some plutonium to make a nuclear bomb. MacIdiot left the cupboard dry for any jets OL coach.

12. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Lazy mercs. Thieves.

Call 'em what you will.

And people want to get rid of one of the few guys giving max effort week in & week out (Jamal Adams) one of the few guys that cares.

This might be the worst season I've experienced. I've gone through some rough seasons but I can't remember ever going through a season like this where most weeks the team just looks completely overmatched even against bad, mediocre teams. With so many highly paid players out of the lineup or producing jack squat. I came into this season with such high expectations for it to turn into this ...

If they lose to Miami today which is possible because Miami has shown a competitive spirit in games despite their lack of talent and they're home it would be one of the low points in franchise history. If they were to get swept by this Miami team this season ...

NYJetsO12 likes this.