Worse in 2013?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by cval, Jan 23, 2013.

1. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

I honestly have no idea how the Jets pulled 6 wins out of their ass in 2012. They were atrocious.

2. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

We'll play just bad enough to miss the playoffs and just good enough to miss out on the hot draft prospects.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Dolphins kept missing FG's to win the game in the first go round and the Chiefs played the worst QB possible against the Jets.

You're right, the talent on the team last year was 4-12 but they won some games they weren't supposed too. That's kind of a recurring theme in Rex Ryan's tenure.

4. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Nope, considering the team was a lucky 6-10 as opposed to the 4-12 record they probably actually deserved and considering the jets schedule next year the other teams probably will have impred as much or more. The jets are losing a lot of players this off season.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

how were we a lucky 6-10? how does that differe from a rgeular 6-10?

6. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Everyone is so negative here. Apparently when we win close it should have been a loss but if we lose close it was because we lost. First NE, Houston, and Titans games all could have been wins but we blew it late in the game but lets not talk about that.

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Isn't it amazing? all teams play their share of close games, the best teams usually win more than they lose, the lesser teams lose more than they win. We earned the poor record of 6-10.

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

What theme is that? That opponent FG kickers have unforced errors? That an opposing team with Qb issues starts the worst Qb to play in an NFL game in recent memory?

9. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Yeah so playing a bad team is an excuse for why we won now what the fuck? That was an awful point by Broadway. Also that game winner for the Phins was 50 yards. Not exactly a gimme. Then Holmes mad a big play in OT in one of the best games he's had as a Jet to set up a shorter fg. Other teams not making plays shouldn't be held against the team that does.

10. NFL

NFL Active Member

Jets didn't play the Chiefs?

11. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

Clearly meant Arizona.

12. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Our schedule is pretty tough next year (as someone brought up) so I don't know if it will be better. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens but barring some major change or a miracle I think we're looking at another season with no playoffs.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The jets probably need to have an outstanding draft that produces several instant legitimate starters to be competitive next year. That's especially true on the offensive side off the ball.

I say legitimate because we will likely be starting guys out of need this year regardless of whether they're worthy NFL players. I thin it's safe to say we saw some of that inn 2012 though.

14. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

And then there's the "Factor La Máquina de la Interceptación", or The Interception Machine Factor.

Will he be the starter or will we bring in someone else? And what about GMac? If open competition still gives Rex the feeling that La Máquina de la Interceptación still gives us "the best chance to win," how depressing is that?

If we're losing most of the people Bradway suggests and basically handcuffed at the QB position, it's hard to see anything more than 6-10, especially with our schedule. And it's quite possible you could have one of those really, really ugly seasons, like 4-12 or 3-13.

15. Br4d

Yeah I meant the Cards.

16. Br4d

It's possible the Jets have a collapse type season but I think Rex and MM will figure out enough of the details to keep that from happening. You can go 6-10 with a bunch of young players and a few vets in the right positions. You can also collapse with that but I'd expect the Jets to avoid that fate.

17. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

There are so many unanswered questions that will begin to be answered in the next several months. Right now, speculating on how good next year's team will be with respect to this year's team seems so futile. Who will be the starting quarterback next season? Who will be our starting safeties? Will we add a WR? etc, etc. Who knows?

18. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

dunno what's gonna happen with the roster but if the team is essentially like it was this year; give a couple cap casualties and take a couple guys back from injury; i would expect a few more wins. due to a better coaching staff, lower expectations, and a less-insane atmosphere. seems like a slight net positive. but anything can happen.

19. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Let's hope so. I'm not brokenhearted to see some of the LBer deadwood go and be replaced by younger blood, but if we lose LaRon Landry and Yeremiah Bell (and maybe Erc Smith), those guys are what make our Corners stronger as a cohesive unit. So you lose some of those guys along with the LBs and the "chemistry" or "gell" that is the entire personality of the defense and right away you've got major problems.

It was the defense, IMO, that kept us in a lot of those games that we won this year, despite La Máquina de la Interceptación's best efforts to hand them as many turnovers as possible.

I hate to sound negative but if we do better than 8-8 I'll really be surprised. And that'll be a realy good season, IMO, with waht we'll have to work with.

20. 74

74 Well-Known Member

This discussion is pointless until after the draft. Who knows what we'll be working with at this point.